TULIP (God calls some to atheism)

Has anyone ever spoken to God?
Only those who pray. ;)
Has God ever spoken to a human?
All the time, through the Holy Spirit who speaks in a very quiet voice.
So someone has recorded this?
The question is what would that actually look like, right?
So nobody has recorded this voice. Got it. Then you all must simply imagine it.
Are you expecting magic again, Taz?
I'm just going by what YOU said.

"the Holy Spirit who speaks in a very quiet voice"

So either god is speaking for real, or you're imagining it. Which is it?
We both know better what you meant, Taz. You dismiss and ridicule what you don't understand.

From my own personal experiences I have had revelations that when they popped into my head I instantly recognized that they were true. Mind you I am not describing religious revelations, but ordinary everyday kind of things about my ordinary everyday issues that I am confronted with. Usually they happen in the morning when I am in that halfway state of being asleep and being awake. There is only one time when we are not conscious of self and that is when we are asleep. So it makes perfect sense to me that that is the time I am most receptive to the spirit which binds us but is not a part of the material world. This is how I believe revelations work.

You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.
So basically, you’re living in a dreamworld.
Like I said before... You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.

Only those who pray. ;)

We both know better what you meant, Taz. You dismiss and ridicule what you don't understand.

From my own personal experiences I have had revelations that when they popped into my head I instantly recognized that they were true. Mind you I am not describing religious revelations, but ordinary everyday kind of things about my ordinary everyday issues that I am confronted with. Usually they happen in the morning when I am in that halfway state of being asleep and being awake. There is only one time when we are not conscious of self and that is when we are asleep. So it makes perfect sense to me that that is the time I am most receptive to the spirit which binds us but is not a part of the material world. This is how I believe revelations work.

You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.
Like I said before... You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.
You're worshipping a fantasy. If that brings you peace, I'm not against that.

Only those who pray. ;)

You're worshipping a fantasy. If that brings you peace, I'm not against that.
How do you know?

I feel like I am hopelessly wicked without God. I also feel that God has not chosen me for anything. I feel that God chose people that He liked a lot more than me and takes no interest in me being a part of His will. If God would have called me then I would be His best friend now but it is obvious that He didn’t. Just as the saints are preserved, my fate is sealed as well. I will be tortured for an eternity due to my helplessly fallen state. This is my TULIP theory but I have an alternate theory that the God of the Bible does not exist. Which do you guys think it is? God hates my ever loving guts? or God doesn’t exist?
You have mental health issues. Abandonment, delusions, self-loathing... Go for a tune up.

Never heard of Calvinism?

I want to believe in God, and would if I could find the slightest reason to. That would be the greatest thing ever to have a personal relationship with an all knowing, all powerful God who cares about me, and comforts me in the hard times. I'm sure a real God would know how little it would take to convince me, and make me a follower forever, but, if he does exist, he doesn't seem to care about me enough to show he is real..

This is exactly how I feel about it. I meet Christians and they are some of the most lovely people I know. I’d love to have what they have but God doesn’t care for me or those wonderful amazing people are liars who live in la la land.

I would love to be friends with the most powerful being in existence.

People accuse me of rejecting God but there is nothing about Him that is rejections. It is much more relalistic to believe that God has rejected me.

I feel like I am hopelessly wicked without God. I also feel that God has not chosen me for anything. I feel that God chose people that He liked a lot more than me and takes no interest in me being a part of His will. If God would have called me then I would be His best friend now but it is obvious that He didn’t. Just as the saints are preserved, my fate is sealed as well. I will be tortured for an eternity due to my helplessly fallen state. This is my TULIP theory but I have an alternate theory that the God of the Bible does not exist. Which do you guys think it is? God hates my ever loving guts? or God doesn’t exist?
You need something to threaten you to behave---------------

We atheists and others don't need the threat of punishment to be good.

but yes. I have searched in every way I know of.
Yet you gave up seeking. Why did you give up?

It just seems like a con. If I made it this far in life without God then I can probably make it the rest of the way.

I have never heard a convincing eye witness testimony of someone meeting God but I did hear a convincing eye witness testimony of someone meeting Bruce Willis.

but yes. I have searched in every way I know of.
Yet you gave up seeking. Why did you give up?
Why is god so hard to find?

I have a theory on that. Moses was a military genius. In ancient days gods were tangible and if they were destroyed it was a huge blow to the morale of a nation. Moses had this idea of making an invisible god. Then that god could never be destroyed and if that god appeared unresponsive then you could blame it on sin. Moses was a full blown genius and invented the unknown god.

Have you ever noticed how the primary focus of the Old Testament is dedicated to describing how rebellious and unruly the Israelites were? That is why God ignores them. Then when they start living right, God is blessing them. In a world that needed gods as a daily part of life the idea of an invisible god was revolutionary at that time.

Last edited:
This is exactly how I feel about it. I meet Christians and they are some of the most lovely people I know. I’d love to have what they have but God doesn’t care for me or those wonderful amazing people are liars who live in la la land.
What would it take to assure you that God is real and God cares about you? Can you identify, specifically, what it is that you are seeking or wanting? Have you ever considered that perhaps God has shown you His care (or existence) many times, but not in a way that you were seeking, and therefore you just might have missed something?

We atheists and others don't need the threat of punishment to be good.
Neither do the great majority of believers. We don't believe because it's punishment that is at hand (within reach); we believe because it is the kingdom of God that is within reach.

It just seems like a con. If I made it this far in life without God then I can probably make it the rest of the way.
Many of the atheists I know tell me even if they had a choice to know of God's existence or not know of it, they would choose not know of it because they want to make it on their own, live this life on their own. I believe God has faith in those who choose this route--and loves them for it. Christians aren't the only lovely people on earth--atheists are lovely as well.

The same way you would prove you are real. I would want Him to stand right in front me me and say, “hi”. That would convince me.
God is not a physical being, so that is not going to happen. However, once upon a time I was praying for lost souls. I was only a kid at the time, and worried I wasn't praying deeply enough, sincerely enough, etc. So my final, innocent, prayer to God was a request that I might know if I was praying correctly. Guess what happened? (I'll bet you are thinking that since it didn't involve meeting up with Bruce Willis, it won't be convincing. ;) )

Would it happen to me again, would it happen to you? No. Because any future request would be a test of God, and the Commandment advises us testing God doesn't work.

What would it take to assure you that God is real and God cares about you?

The same way you would prove you are real. I would want Him to stand right in front me me and say, “hi”. That would convince me.
Why should convincing you be important exactly?

It is a good question. It probably wouldn’t change my life much but it would clear up some misunderstandings.

The Bible puts so much emphasis on faith that I doubt God has ever proven Himself to anyone. Otherwise, why does God value faith so much?

What would it take to assure you that God is real and God cares about you?

Why should convincing you be important exactly?

It is a good question. It probably wouldn’t change my life much but it would clear up some misunderstandings.

The Bible puts so much emphasis on faith that I doubt God has ever proven Himself to anyone. Otherwise, why does God value faith so much?
Why would God need to prove Himself to anyone? What would the purpose be exactly?

Forum List

Back