TULIP (God calls some to atheism)

I want to believe in God, and would if I could find the slightest reason to. That would be the greatest thing ever to have a personal relationship with an all knowing, all powerful God who cares about me, and comforts me in the hard times. I'm sure a real God would know how little it would take to convince me, and make me a follower forever, but, if he does exist, he doesn't seem to care about me enough to show he is real..
Scripture instructs us to seek God, not God to seek us, whom He already knows. Know God.
I spent years in church and honestly seeking God.

Has anyone ever spoken to God?
Only those who pray. ;)
Has God ever spoken to a human?
All the time, through the Holy Spirit who speaks in a very quiet voice.
So someone has recorded this?
The question is what would that actually look like, right?
So nobody has recorded this voice. Got it. Then you all must simply imagine it.

Only those who pray. ;)
Are you expecting magic again, Taz?

If we start with the premise that spirit created the material world and created laws of nature which not only predestined beings that know and create to arise but also to mold or evolve their level of consciousness, then it is not a giant leap to believe that besides the constant feedback we receive from the universe that either correct or reinforce our behaviors that we would also receive revelations from the spirit which connects but is not a part of the material world.

If we start with the premise that spirit created the material world and created laws of nature which not only predestined beings that know and create to arise but also to mold or evolve their level of consciousness, then it is not a giant leap to believe that besides the constant feedback we receive from the universe that either correct or reinforce our behaviors that we would also receive revelations from the spirit which connects but is not a part of the material world.
If we start with the premise that a magic sky fairy created everything, and has the ability of total control over everything on a whim, it is not a giant leap to imagine virtually anything and and assign it to that magical being's will.

I feel like I am hopelessly wicked without God. I also feel that God has not chosen me for anything. I feel that God chose people that He liked a lot more than me and takes no interest in me being a part of His will. If God would have called me then I would be His best friend now but it is obvious that He didn’t. Just as the saints are preserved, my fate is sealed as well. I will be tortured for an eternity due to my helplessly fallen state. This is my TULIP theory but I have an alternate theory that the God of the Bible does not exist. Which do you guys think it is? God hates my ever loving guts? or God doesn’t exist?
but I have an alternate theory that the God of the Bible does not exist.
is that the god or the religion of the bible does not exist, rewritten correctly is a possible alternative -

as in - the triumph of good vs evil - is the criteria for admission to the Everlasting, as prescribed and burn the other 9,999 pages. of the 10000 page christian bible.

and namely, the 1st century religious itinerant never claimed themself as a redeeming messiah and if not erased made to correctly reflect the original religion of antiquity not the fallacies of all 3 desert religions.

If we start with the premise that a magic sky fairy created everything, and has the ability of total control over everything on a whim, it is not a giant leap to imagine virtually anything and and assign it to that magical being's will.
I wouldn't believe in a magic sky daddy either. Especially one who controls everything on a whim. Cause that's not how God works.

But to your point, if it were as you say - that it's not a giant leap to imagine virtually anything and and assign it to that magical being's will - then there should be no progress or advancement, right? Because I'm just imagining it, right? It's not real, right? But the proof is in the pudding. Living life the right way naturally leads to rewards. Especially when things aren't going well. I have peace through the storm.

As for your assumption that I assign it to God's will, that is patently incorrect. That's not how that works. I am constantly evaluating my performance and progress. I have to make good choices. I have to keep everything in perspective. And when I don't I have to ask what it was that God wanted me to learn from it. God expects us to BE perfect, not to do perfect things.

If we start with the wrong premise, how can we hope to reach a correct conclusion, or any kind of conclusion at all?

Only those who pray. ;)
I'm just going by what YOU said.

"the Holy Spirit who speaks in a very quiet voice"

So either god is speaking for real, or you're imagining it. Which is it?

Only those who pray. ;)

We both know better what you meant, Taz. You dismiss and ridicule what you don't understand.

From my own personal experiences I have had revelations that when they popped into my head I instantly recognized that they were true. Mind you I am not describing religious revelations, but ordinary everyday kind of things about my ordinary everyday issues that I am confronted with. Usually they happen in the morning when I am in that halfway state of being asleep and being awake. There is only one time when we are not conscious of self and that is when we are asleep. So it makes perfect sense to me that that is the time I am most receptive to the spirit which binds us but is not a part of the material world. This is how I believe revelations work.

You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.

Only those who pray. ;)

We both know better what you meant, Taz. You dismiss and ridicule what you don't understand.

From my own personal experiences I have had revelations that when they popped into my head I instantly recognized that they were true. Mind you I am not describing religious revelations, but ordinary everyday kind of things about my ordinary everyday issues that I am confronted with. Usually they happen in the morning when I am in that halfway state of being asleep and being awake. There is only one time when we are not conscious of self and that is when we are asleep. So it makes perfect sense to me that that is the time I am most receptive to the spirit which binds us but is not a part of the material world. This is how I believe revelations work.

You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.
So basically, you’re living in a dreamworld.

Forum List

Back