Trump’s Transition Team Considers Sarah Palin For Possible Cabinet Spot

Incoming PDS in 3....2....1...

President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team is seriously discussing the possibility of giving former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin a cabinet position, Politico reported Wednesday.

The Trump campaign is floating the idea of tapping the former Alaskan governor as Trump’s interior secretary. Palin has made no secret about her interest in holding a position in a Trump administration.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

Ambassador to Russia may be even more apropos (for obvious reasons) ...................LOL

trumppalinconf18f-1-web.jpg

Yes. Department of the Interior.

Palin is why McCain lost. Trump is scraping the bottom of the scrap heap. She's a corporate shill. I thought he was against corporate power Washington. There are plenty of good conservatives for that job. She couldn't run a Sunday school picnic. Not that she attends church or anything. She is establishment times fifty.
No she is not why McCain lost. McCain lost because he, at Palin's protesting, suspended his campaign and went to Washington to deal with the bailout. Obama and his media darlings used that as an excuse to label McCain a Washington insider and everything else that's wrong with Washington. It worked and McCains poll numbers plummeted.

President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team is seriously discussing the possibility of giving former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin a cabinet position, Politico reported Wednesday.

The Trump campaign is floating the idea of tapping the former Alaskan governor as Trump’s interior secretary. Palin has made no secret about her interest in holding a position in a Trump administration.

That would be hilarious. If we thought the left was deranged before....

That would be hilarious. If we thought the left was deranged before....
TheExplodingHeads - YouTube

Great idea. She probably knows more about the great outdoors than 99% of the duds who've gone before.

Trump's Potential Cabinet

We're going to see tons of these until President-Elect Trump actually releases his list.

Secretary Of Education Ben Carson? Here’s A List Of Potential Trump Cabinet Picks

This comes from BuzzFeed, a not exactly unbiased site. I saw Carson on Fox&Friends this morning and he actually said he felt he could do more outside of government. And Giuliani told the same hosts that he wanted to spend more time on his own business ventures.

List of Potential Trump Cabinet Nominees:

Attorney General:

Gov. Chris Christie

Attorney General Pam Bondi

Sen. Jeff Sessions

Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani

Secretary of Commerce:

Christie

Former Nucor CEO Dan DiMicco

Businessman Lew Eisenberg

Former Gov. Mike Huckabee

Sen. David Purdue

Former Sen. Jim Talent

Agriculture Secretary:

Gov. Sam Brownback

National Council of Farmer Cooperatives CEO Chuck Conner

Gov. Dave Heineman

Texas Agricultural Commissioner Sid Miller

Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue

Secretary of Education:

Ben Carson

Hoover Institution fellow William Evers

Secretary of Energy:

Venture Capitalist Robert Grady

Businessman Harold Hamm

Secretary of Health and Human Services:

Former New Jersey state Sen. Rich Bagger

Ben Carson

Newt Gingrich

Gov. Rick Scott

Secretary of Homeland Security:

Christie

Sheriff David Clarke

Secretary of the Interior:

Gov. Jan Brewer

Gov. Mary Fallin

Grady

Hamm

Oil Executive Forrest Lucas

Rep. Cynthia Lummis

Former Gov. Sarah Palin

Secretary of Defense:

Former Gen. Mike Flynn

Stephen Hadley

Rep. Duncan Hunter Jr.

Sessions

Former Sen. Jim Talent

Secretary of State:

John Bolton

Sen. Bob Corker

Gingrich

Treasury Secretary:

Rep. Jeb Hensarling

Businessman Carl Icahn

Banker Steven Mnuchin

Chief of Staff:

Reince Priebus

Director of Office of Management and Budget:

Sessions

Secretary of Labor:

EEOC Commissioner Victoria Lipnic

Veterans Affairs:

Rep. Jeff Miller

White House Counsel:

Donald McGahn

This comes from Secretary Of Education Ben Carson? Here's A List Of Potential Trump Cabinet Picks

Here's another list, this one from Doug Ross @ Journal blog

Attorney General Rudy Giuliani

Secretary of State former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich

DHS Secretary Gov. Chris Christie

Secretary of Defense Sen. Jeff Sessions

Department of the Interior former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin

Secretary of Energy Harold Hamm

Surgeon General Ben Carson

National Security Adviser Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn

Chief of Staff Reince Priebus

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin

Secretary of Agriculture former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross

Secretary of Labor Victoria Lipnic

Secretary of Education William Evers

Veterans Affairs House retiring Veterans’ Affairs Chairman Jeff Miller

EPA Director Myron Ebell

And here's yet another from The Hoover Institution @ Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting with no simple way to cut and paste. But a lot of them are the same on all three lists

Still even at that, I sincerely doubt she was the expert in her own administration. Do you think her leading adviser on energy policy was a former mayor or perhaps an expert on natural resources? I would hope the latter.

So who would you recommend? A former business executive?

Me? I wouldn't know where to begin. I would think a Pres Elect would have more resources than I. I doubt a business leader would be at the top of my list, although I wouldn't categorically rule them out. I'm sure there are experts on the subject of natural resources in this population of 330 million. Keep in mind the dept of Interior has far more responsibilities than extraction industries.

However you know for a certainty that Palin is not qualified.
Well considering that her credentials appear to be entirely comprised of being a politician, I would venture that she is not qualified.

So a governor whose state was mostly federally owned and worked extensively with the Dept. Of Interior, wouldn't have enough experience, yet you don't know where to begin. Sounds like some great logic. Lol!
Here's a link to wiki's listing of "operating units" at Interior. Go through them and tell me which of them you think Palin would be considered a leading authority.

United States Department of the Interior - Wikipedia

So who would you recommend? A former business executive?

Me? I wouldn't know where to begin. I would think a Pres Elect would have more resources than I. I doubt a business leader would be at the top of my list, although I wouldn't categorically rule them out. I'm sure there are experts on the subject of natural resources in this population of 330 million. Keep in mind the dept of Interior has far more responsibilities than extraction industries.

Well considering that her credentials appear to be entirely comprised of being a politician, I would venture that she is not qualified.

So a governor whose state was mostly federally owned and worked extensively with the Dept. Of Interior, wouldn't have enough experience, yet you don't know where to begin. Sounds like some great logic. Lol!
Here's a link to wiki's listing of "operating units" at Interior. Go through them and tell me which of them you think Palin would be considered a leading authority.

Palin had to know a lot about the federal land and what conservation projects were being used in the millions of acres of federal land. She also had many dealings with the Alaskan Indians, seems to fit her.

What about Sally Jewell, what made her qualified for the office? She worked in oil fields in Texas and Oklahoma and then went into banking, how does that apply to the job?

You stated that she is not qualified and yet you can't "begin" to understand what is entailed on the job. All you have is hate and that is the only reason you believe she is not qualified, you have admitted it.

Palin had to know a lot about the federal land and what conservation projects were being used in the millions of acres of federal land. She also had many dealings with the Alaskan Indians, seems to fit her.

What about Sally Jewell, what made her qualified for the office? She worked in oil fields in Texas and Oklahoma and then went into banking, how does that apply to the job?

You stated that she is not qualified and yet you can't "begin" to understand what is entailed on the job. All you have is hate and that is the only reason you believe she is not qualified, you have admitted it.
You've got me all wrong. I'm not remotely liberal and I like Sara Palin. I'm just tired of people being installed in these positions for political reasons. Much of what Interior deals with is of a technical nature, Palin is a politician not a scientist nor an energy expert nor an expert on land use nor anything else that Interior deals with. I was hoping that Trump as a business man would look for people with expertise in the fields they will be overseeing.

You've got me all wrong. I'm not remotely liberal and I like Sara Palin. I'm just tired of people being installed in these positions for political reasons. Much of what Interior deals with is of a technical nature, Palin is a politician not a scientist nor an energy expert nor an expert on land use nor anything else that Interior deals with. I was hoping that Trump as a business man would look for people with expertise in the fields they will be overseeing.

Sara Palin probably has more on the ground experience in the wild lands of Alaska than 99.9% of the bureaucrats in managerial positions in Interior. She also is fully away of fossil fuel production, something most Washington insiders lack.

That will never happen.

Behind the scenes Trump and family can't stand her.

They throw out a lot of names just to pretend to consider them--appease the religious base.

To religious right, Trump is not going to appoint judges that will overturn existing law.

Sara Palin probably has more on the ground experience in the wild lands of Alaska than 99.9% of the bureaucrats in managerial positions in Interior. She also is fully away of fossil fuel production, something most Washington insiders lack.

Sara Palin is an idiot.

They had to hire a professional executive to run the day to day business when she was governor.

She knows nothing about fossil fuels, business, anything...

Forum List

Back