Trump's Speech Boring and Subdued

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
"The speech was broadcast live by CNN and Fox News, but not MSNBC. CNN cut out after 20 minutes and Fox cut out after 35 minutes"

I didn't see the BIG announcement Tuesday night, but here are a couple of comments made by some who did...

"Grisham wrote, "Trump is staying on script here….but I can tell it’s a struggle and he’s dying to 'be Trump.'"
"I think even Trump is bored with this speech," Grisham added. "Painful to watch."

"Sarah Matthews, who served as deputy White House press secretary in the Trump administration, had a similar take.
This is one of the most low-energy, uninspiring speeches I’ve ever heard from Trump. Even the crowd seems bored, Matthews wrote. "Not exactly what you want when announcing a presidential run."

Last edited:
I saw the speech. It's a shame that so many otherwise intelligent people weren't sufficiently entertained. This was a very different Trump. This was a Trump taking this step with the knowledge that dozens of threatened lawsuits and threats against everyone he knows have been promised. This was a Trump saying fun and games are over. Buckle up buttercup. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

"The speech was broadcast live by CNN and Fox News, but not MSNBC. CNN cut out after 20 minutes and Fox cut out after 35 minutes"

I didn't see the BIG announcement Tuesday night, but here are a couple of comments made by some who did...

"Grisham wrote, "Trump is staying on script here….but I can tell it’s a struggle and he’s dying to 'be Trump.'"
"I think even Trump is bored with this speech," Grisham added. "Painful to watch."

"Sarah Matthews, who served as deputy White House press secretary in the Trump administration, had a similar take.
This is one of the most low-energy, uninspiring speeches I’ve ever heard from Trump. Even the crowd seems bored, Matthews wrote. "Not exactly what you want when announcing a presidential run."

What, did you run out of K-Y?

:laughing0301:

Boring and subdued?

Not at all like these shining examples of what a marvelous thing the English language can be.

1668594231840.png

"You know, the thing".

“I live eight minutes away from here, and when I leave tonight, I got three miles away. Dr. Oz in his mansion in New Jersey.”

Last edited:

Other commentators noted the GOP midterm disaster – that Trump’s ‘announcement’ was going to come after the Great Red Wave of 2022; Trump’s speech exhibited his disappointment and frustration with the failure of Trump-endorsed candidates, Democrats retaining control of the Senate, and Democratic success in gubernatorial races.

Other commentators noted the GOP midterm disaster – that Trump’s ‘announcement’ was going to come after the Great Red Wave of 2022; Trump’s speech exhibited his disappointment and frustration with the failure of Trump-endorsed candidates, Democrats retaining control of the Senate, and Democratic success in gubernatorial races.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

It’s a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Trump was anticipating major victories for the GOP: control of both the Senate and House, the victory of Trump-endorsed candidates, and the election of Republican election deniers wiling to do anything to put Trump back in the WH, such as suppressing Democratic votes and submitting a false alternate slate of electors.

But that didn’t happen.

Instead, Trump had to make his ‘announcement’ in the wake of the GOP midterm disaster – Trump’s speech exhibited his disappointment and frustration with the failure of Trump-endorsed candidates, Democrats retaining control of the Senate, and Democratic success in gubernatorial races.

It’s a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Trump was anticipating major victories for the GOP: control of both the Senate and House, the victory of Trump-endorsed candidates, and the election of Republican election deniers wiling to do anything to put Trump back in the WH, such as suppressing Democratic votes and submitting a false alternate slate of electors.

But that didn’t happen.

Instead, Trump had to make his ‘announcement’ in the wake of the GOP midterm disaster – Trump’s speech exhibited his disappointment and frustration with the failure of Trump-endorsed candidates, Democrats retaining control of the Senate, and Democratic success in gubernatorial races.

Paid by the word, I see.

it's the same speech he's been giving for three years.

STRONG!

I STRONGLY won the 2020 election ... Some would say ELEGANTLY STRONG...

Text Trump 88022 STRONG

I never thought I would say this, but under Joe Biden, America has become UNSTRONG...
Whatever the hell it was, it doesn't bode well for the blob.

Trump's speech did not have the tremendous energy from Trump that we have seen in the past. However, the substance of it was right on. He presented an ironclad case of why the Democrats have screwed up this country and why they have to go.

Trump's speech did not have the tremendous energy from Trump that we have seen in the past. However, the substance of it was right on. He presented an ironclad case of why the Democrats have screwed up this country and why they have to go.

And go they must, most of them as traitors.

And that goes for their supporters as well.

Remember what this country used to do to traitors?

Forum List

Back