Trump's Muslim Ban...and the countries that aren't on it

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
How Does Trump's Immigration Freeze Square With His Business Interests?

Even as President Trump takes steps to restrict visitors from some majority-Muslim countries, he and his family continue to do business in some of the others.

Ethics experts question whether that might indicate conflicts between Trump's business interests and his role as U.S. president.

The executive action, "Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States," targets seven nations: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. Trump has no business interests in those countries.

One other thing they have in common, as NPR's Greg Myre writes: "No Muslim extremist from any of these places has carried out a fatal attack in the U.S. in more than two decades."

The 19 terrorists in the Sept. 11 attacks were from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon and the United Arab Emirates, Myre points out. They are among the Muslim-majority countries not affected by Trump's immigration freeze, but where Trump does business.

He has significant commercial interests in Turkey and Azerbaijan, is developing properties in Indonesia and Dubai, and has formed companies in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. His daughter Ivanka said in 2015 that the company was looking at "multiple opportunities in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi Arabia — the four areas where we are seeing the most interest."

Critics said it appears that Trump is picking favorites, overlooking terrorist links in countries such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey that have their own history of terrorism.

So...Trump's ban on Muslims excludes Muslim Majority countries where he has business interests.

How Does Trump's Immigration Freeze Square With His Business Interests?

Even as President Trump takes steps to restrict visitors from some majority-Muslim countries, he and his family continue to do business in some of the others.

Ethics experts question whether that might indicate conflicts between Trump's business interests and his role as U.S. president.

The executive action, "Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States," targets seven nations: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. Trump has no business interests in those countries.

One other thing they have in common, as NPR's Greg Myre writes: "No Muslim extremist from any of these places has carried out a fatal attack in the U.S. in more than two decades."

The 19 terrorists in the Sept. 11 attacks were from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon and the United Arab Emirates, Myre points out. They are among the Muslim-majority countries not affected by Trump's immigration freeze, but where Trump does business.

He has significant commercial interests in Turkey and Azerbaijan, is developing properties in Indonesia and Dubai, and has formed companies in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. His daughter Ivanka said in 2015 that the company was looking at "multiple opportunities in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi Arabia — the four areas where we are seeing the most interest."

Critics said it appears that Trump is picking favorites, overlooking terrorist links in countries such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey that have their own history of terrorism.

So...Trump's ban on Muslims excludes Muslim Majority countries where he has business interests.

Yep. Disgraceful. Most 9-11 attackers were from Saudi Arabia, but that county is no where to be found. Conservatives are just too much in buttlove with the Saudis to add them to the list.

Oh boy, another one duped by Democrat Fake News. It's not a 'Muslim Ban.' Trump is limiting Immigration from certain countries. Muslims will still be allowed in the US. The nations on the list are very dangerous known Terror-Haven nations.

This action should have been taken a long time ago. We should have suspended all Immigration from nations like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen, years ago. The #1 priority has to be protecting Americans. That's why i fully support Trump on this.

Oh boy, another one duped by Democrat Fake News. It's not a 'Muslim Ban.' Trump is limiting Immigration from certain countries. Muslims will still be allowed in the US. The nations on the list are very dangerous known Terror-Haven nations.

This action should have been taken a long time ago. We should have suspended all Immigration from nations like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen, years ago. The #1 priority has to be protecting Americans. That's why i fully support Trump on this.

You can dress it up anyway you want, but it amounts to a backdoor Muslim ban. Do you realize what havoc this is causing to people? People who have been vetted and cleared to come here, being stopped and arrested in airports? People with green cards visiting family in foreign countries suddenly can't come back to the US?

Fuck this shit.

More fake news from the far left drones and their debunked religious narratives.

Then again how many threads have already been created about this?

Yeah, it's just more of their 'Trump's Hitler and Racist' meme. There is no ban on Muslims. He just took an appropriate action on limiting Immigration from some very dangerous countries. I support him 100%.

Why isn't Saudi Arabia on the list? Is the buttlove for oil too strong for you?

You can dress it up anyway you want, but it amounts to a backdoor Muslim ban. Do you realize what havoc this is causing to people? People who have been vetted and cleared to come here, being stopped and arrested in airports? People with green cards visiting family in foreign countries suddenly can't come back to the US?

Fuck this shit.

Lay off the Democrat Fake News kid. Muslims will still be allowed in the US. Trump took the appropriate action. We shouldn't be accepting Thousands in from these very dangerous nations. When or if these nations get their Terrorism problems under control, we can consider resuming regular Immigration with them. But not before then.

Speaking of far left debunked religious narratives..

Obama administration arms sales offers to Saudi top $115 billion: report

Trump's so called "muslim ban" is just a publicity stunt to pander to his voter base. In reality, it's just smoke and mirrors. There are something like 50+ muslim majority countries. Banning immigration from 7 of them isn't going to accomplish much. ..... :cool:

Fuck this shit.

Lay off the Democrat Fake News kid. Muslims will still be allowed in the US. Trump took the appropriate action. We shouldn't be accepting Thousands in from these very dangerous nations. When or if these nations get their Terrorism problems under control, we can consider resuming regular Immigration with them. But not before then.

People who have been vetted and cleared to come here, being stopped and arrested in airports? People with green cards visiting family in foreign countries suddenly can't come back to the US?

So? I have no problem with that. Sell them all the arms they want. But why is Saudi Arabia not on the list of banned origin countries?

Wiley HAHAHA (Coyote) posted >>>> "You can dress it up anyway you want, but it amounts to a backdoor Muslim ban. Do you realize what havoc this is causing to people? People who have been vetted and cleared to come here, being stopped and arrested in airports? People with green cards visiting family in foreign countries suddenly can't come back to the US?
Fuck this shit."<<<<<<.

Not really just some more liberal bullshit talking points. Detained and cleared is the real term, and I have had some of my US CITIZEN kids detained at the airport before SO what the FUCK is your stupid liberal POINT.

Saudi Arabia's general population is not involved in any of the recent attacks DA liberals, osb was a boplenty group buddy before the FIRST attack on the WTC.

So? I have no problem with that. Sell them all the arms they want. But why is Saudi Arabia not on the list of banned origin countries?

See how the far left drones will contradict themselves? Seriously you can not make this stuff up!

All you far left drones in America obviously support ISIS, so does that mean Trump should ban all far left drones from the US?

Trump is reverting to his demlite stuff and imitating the man he liked the most in political life, Jimmy Carter.

How funny: Trump wants to be Carter.

The talking points of the Alt Right are laughable.

Trump is reverting to his demlite stuff and imitating the man he liked the most in political life, Jimmy Carter.

How funny: Trump wants to be Carter.

There are a lot of similarities. Carter marched in on Washington with his gang of outsiders promising to drain the swamp.

Why did Obama veto a bill allowing 9/11 victims' families to sue Saudi Arabia? Of course it's about the money. That didn't start with Trump. I agree, Saudi Arabia should be on the list. But it isn't gonna happen. I would also add Pakistan to the list. I'm ashamed my Government considers both 'Good Friends.'

But at least Trump's trying. The #1 priority has to be protecting Americans. We shouldn't be accepting Thousands in from these very dangerous terror-plagued nations. I'm actually shocked this action wasn't taken a long time ago. I don't know what the previous President was thinking. So i gotta give some props to Trump for at least trying.

Didn't read op because there is no Muslim ban

Trump's not trying anything. He's just playing to fear and bigotry. Despite the fact we take in more Christian refugees than any other religious denomination, he's willing to make an exception for them. The ban on Syria is permanent - not temporary. In otherwords - vetting doesn't matter. Those people have been through hell.

Again - F Trump.

Forum List

Back