Trump's lawyers now admit Trump kept classified Presidential records in his home.

You’re not a lawyer are you? I’m not either, but the claim that there are no degrees of severity is ludicrous. If that were true, documents wouldn’t be given different classifications depending on sensitivity.

No, I'm not a lawyer, but I enjoyed varying levels of security clearances over the better part of a 20 year Naval career.

The different classifications have to do with access. Period. It doesn't pertain to possible punishments for compromising a marked document.

If one person compromises a "confidential" document and another compromises a "top secret" document, the law allows for both offenses to be punished equally...

All presidents turn their documents over to the National Archives.

True, but that is after they removed then from the White House in bulk, and then sorted then between personal, duplicate, mundane, for the public, for secure NARA, etc.
The main problem with Trump is that he seems to have been very slow with the sorting?

True, but that is after they removed then from the White House in bulk, and then sorted then between personal, duplicate, mundane, for the public, for secure NARA, etc.
The main problem with Trump is that he seems to have been very slow with the sorting?
six years and obammy still hasn't provided them. Trump was slow?

This is false. Presidents do not have security clearances at all.

Like members of Congress, they are instantly granted access to all classified information by nature of their office.

The office which he no longer holds.

Wrong.
It is presidents and ex-presidents who dictate classification.
The only limit to ex-presidents is that they do not get access to docs created AFTER their term is over.
But they retain access to all docs created while in office.
And no, Congress does NOT have automatic access at all to classified docs.
There is only one congressional committee that has security clearance.
{... Members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence – the committee with oversight over intelligence agencies including the CIA and NSA – have a separate oath, commensurate with their unique access to sensitive information. Again, these oaths take the way of a public pledge, vice the arduous security-clearance process, complete with SF86, undertaken by the average security-cleared professional… }

It is OK. He is a former president.

An ex-president can not have his memories of classified docs removed after office, and since no one new would know the context of these docs, that would be a horribly bad thing if we could remove those classified memories.
Ex-presidents obviously retain access to those docs created while in office.

I thought I read Obama has a NARA manned library of docs in Chicago?
nope. obammy's foundation and the NARA are still working to get them digitized six years now. Funny ain't it, six years working together and Trump's team one and a half year and he got raided. odd biasing I say.

No, I'm not a lawyer, but I enjoyed varying levels of security clearances over the better part of a 20 year Naval career.

The different classifications have to do with access. Period. It doesn't pertain to possible punishments for compromising a marked document.

If one person compromises a "confidential" document and another compromises a "top secret" document, the law allows for both offenses to be punished equally...

Not really, because it is much easier to innocently violate a confidential doc than one marked top secret.
You could easily assume someone you were working with had confidential clearance.
The "need to know" would be obviously different, so would imply a different degree of negligence or deliberate intent.

This gets even more confusing because like when Hillary was shown to have sent portions of classified docs on an insecure email server, there likely was no way she could have done her job without at least sometimes violating classified doc rules.

nope. obammy's foundation and the NARA are still working to get them digitized six years now. Funny ain't it, six years working together and Trump's team one and a half year and he got raided. odd biasing I say.

But that sounds like at least Obama turned them over to NARA, and that it may be NARA being slow?

Not really, because it is much easier to innocently violate a confidential doc than one marked top secret.
You could easily assume someone you were working with had confidential clearance.
The "need to know" would be obviously different, so would imply a different degree of negligence or deliberate intent.

Wow, you really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Fake News. “Sensitive” does not equal classified.
Nice try.

The word is not "Sensitive" which would indicate technical classification, the word used was "sensitive", which is a non-technical term that is a refference to any not-unclassfied materials.

There is nothing in any filing from Trump's lawyers that refutes classifications of documents confiscated by DOJ. Not one.

doj_maralago_docs.png

Want to spin up some more bs?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back