Trump's lawyers are pretty stupid

It's dumb in more than one way. Telling justices that they better do as you say is a threat. In their own self-interest, the justices would want to remove that threat. They don't need Trump, and they're safer if he's in prison.

Kavanaugh is a SCOTUS Justice.

By legal education, training, experience and by his sworn obligation, he is supposed to be above any sense of “pressure.”

He should make his decisions based only on the facts of the case, the law and what the Constitution says and what it means.

It may be somewhat true that this is a chance for him to step up. But it is also absolutely pointless for a Trump lawyer to make that assertion.

Nah. The verdict is a foregone conclusion. The Republican Judges know which side of their bread is buttered. They will be good little lapdogs.
Zzz

The idea that they will come down on the side of the law, common sense and justice gravely offends you, Minnie.

Go over and sit in the corner. Have yourself a good cry. 😂

This is a monumentally BAAAAD
move for his legal team. Very, very stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if she just put Kavenaugh in a recusal corner.

His lawyers are all bottom of the barrel these days. He's ruined too many careers and stiffed too many on bill for anyone of any stature to work for him.

On the flip side, there's no way in hell Bart O'Kavanaugh is gonna recuse himself.

Sadly you are correct. We all know how this is gonna end up.
I have one quibble here. I think it may go sideways. I don't think the supreme Court's going to rule on insurrection versus non-insurrection. I think they are simply going to rule that state supreme courts don't have the authority to make that decision and leave it at that.

I have one quibble here. I think it may go sideways. I don't think the supreme Court's going to rule on insurrection versus non-insurrection. I think they are simply going to rule that state supreme courts don't have the authority to make that decision and leave it at that.
You are probably correct.

Besides, congress has already labeled it an insurrection.

I believe that the decision has to be that while a state court may be allowed to kick a candidate off the ballot, it has to be based on a proper legal basis.

Here, there is no proper legal basis. It is simply a fact that President Trump has never been convicted of any insurrection. Hell, he hasn’t even been charged.

I believe that the decision has to be that while a state court may be allowed to kick a candidate off the ballot, it has to be based on a proper legal basis.

Here, there is no proper legal basis. It is simply a fact that President Trump has never been convicted of any insurrection. Hell, he hasn’t even been charged.
Yes....that and jurisdictional boundaries are up for grabs here. Even though it's a primary
It's still federal purview ultimately. I don't think they will even touch the insurrection issue I think they will simply draw a boundary in effect saying to the sate judicial systems " if anyone is going to rule on this it will be us ".... I suspect they will leave it at that (no ruling) and Trump will be on all primary ballots.

Forum List

Back