Trump's Impeachment Defense Is The Same As Nixon's

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...fers-trumpiest-possible-argument-his-defense/

In the spirit of Richard Nixon and his belief that if a president does it, it can't be illegal; once again, another president makes the argument that a president is a king, accountable to no one. Except maybe an election every 4 years -- but even that is shaky because that president can simply skip the elections if he or she feels it's in the public interest...according to one impeachment defense, if Putin decides he wants Alaska back and the president thinks it in the public interest, he can just do it.....Why do conservatives/republicans keep making these bullshit arguments??

"I think I’m the greatest president that ever was, and if I’m not elected, the national interest will suffer greatly.’ That cannot be an impeachable offense,” Trump’s defense argued. 'Every public official I know believes that his election is in the public interest. And mostly you’re right,” he said. “Your election is in the public interest. And if a president does something which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.”

I really hope these sycophantic Trumpers keep this same energy the minute someone that isn't their cult leader feels they can do the same thing....Something tells me they won't -- and the excuse of "It's ok to do it if it triggers the conservatives" wouldn't be a sufficient enough defense...because every Trumper defends every Trump fuck up by saying "Tee-hee, it's OK if it triggers the libs..tee-ee" -- oh really?? Cool...

When some GOP senators were asked to comment on this new Trump defense that would only make Dick Cheney and Richard Nixon blush -- they all tried to dodge the point. Senator Tim Scott said that Dershowitz was just being philosophical -- saying “He said ‘a president,’ not President Trump. I think he was talking about a philosophical perspective.” Tim Scott should be embarrassed.....

So with all of the Trumper freakout over Russian collusion and all of their denials -- their cult leader is basically saying that not only will he collude with Russia, Iran or any other foreign country that he thinks will help him win, but since he believes its in the best interest of the country -- there is nothing anyone can do about it -- are you really willing to give that power to future presidents or in your narcissistic delusions, do you think Trump will be president forever -- because why not? -- and no, there is no both sides do it -- so before you pull Obama, Hillary or anyone else out your ass, don't....this is your cult leader making this dumb ass argument, no one else...

I hope there aren't any NFL fans out there -- I hope you don't mind if the 49'ers decide to cheat because they feel its in the public interest that they win the Super Bowl -- so if they gotta cheat to do it, so be it...I believe you morons would demand more accountability from a fucking sports team cheating to win than you would the president of the US....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...fers-trumpiest-possible-argument-his-defense/

In the spirit of Richard Nixon and his belief that if a president does it, it can't be illegal; once again, another president makes the argument that a president is a king, accountable to no one. Except maybe an election every 4 years -- but even that is shaky because that president can simply skip the elections if he or she feels it's in the public interest...according to one impeachment defense, if Putin decides he wants Alaska back and the president thinks it in the public interest, he can just do it.....Why do conservatives/republicans keep making these bullshit arguments??

"I think I’m the greatest president that ever was, and if I’m not elected, the national interest will suffer greatly.’ That cannot be an impeachable offense,” Trump’s defense argued. 'Every public official I know believes that his election is in the public interest. And mostly you’re right,” he said. “Your election is in the public interest. And if a president does something which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.”

I really hope these sycophantic Trumpers keep this same energy the minute someone that isn't their cult leader feels they can do the same thing....Something tells me they won't -- and the excuse of "It's ok to do it if it triggers the conservatives" wouldn't be a sufficient enough defense...because every Trumper defends every Trump fuck up by saying "Tee-hee, it's OK if it triggers the libs..tee-ee" -- oh really?? Cool...

When some GOP senators were asked to comment on this new Trump defense that would only make Dick Cheney and Richard Nixon blush -- they all tried to dodge the point. Senator Tim Scott said that Dershowitz was just being philosophical -- saying “He said ‘a president,’ not President Trump. I think he was talking about a philosophical perspective.” Tim Scott should be embarrassed.....

So with all of the Trumper freakout over Russian collusion and all of their denials -- their cult leader is basically saying that not only will he collude with Russia, Iran or any other foreign country that he thinks will help him win, but since he believes its in the best interest of the country -- there is nothing anyone can do about it -- are you really willing to give that power to future presidents or in your narcissistic delusions, do you think Trump will be president forever -- because why not? -- and no, there is no both sides do it -- so before you pull Obama, Hillary or anyone else out your ass, don't....this is your cult leader making this dumb ass argument, no one else...

I hope there aren't any NFL fans out there -- I hope you don't mind if the 49'ers decide to cheat because they feel its in the public interest that they win the Super Bowl -- so if they gotta cheat to do it, so be it...I believe you morons would demand more accountability from a fucking sports team cheating to win than you would the president of the US....
:auiqs.jpg:

Nixon was impeached over an actual crime big difference.

These people do not care about crime.....they only care about whether or not they can overturn the election.
I have stopped using up vital energy trying to convince them of the obvious. We are in the midst of a very real civil war that has not
yet reached the shooting stage...but give it time.

JO

Actually Nixon left office and never was impeached...

As for Trump Impeachment, well this will be studied and historians will note it was political as hell...
True but they were looking at an actual crime with him with Trump it has been let’s throw everything we can against the wall and hope something sticks.

You start with a faulty premise and wander afield from there. If you had not posted perhaps no one would have known how clueless you are about the whole process.

your TDS is so bad youre to fucking stupid to know nixon didnt put up a defense because he resigned,,,,

Ditto.

Nixon's team actually had to contend with him being accused with actual crimes.

Trump's team is defending against the Democrats armed only with innuendo, rumor, personal opinion and speculative assumptions, claiming Trump might have attempted to do what they accuse him of, while never being able to prove he actually did any of it.

Last edited:

As for Trump Impeachment, well this will be studied and historians will note it was political as hell...
True but they were looking at an actual crime with him with Trump it has been let’s throw everything we can against the wall and hope something sticks.
The only difference is that Trump is going to get away with this because he has a lockstep majority in the Senate and there are no tapes and no real cover-up obstruction yes. Nixon would have got off without those tapes LOL. The GOP is the swamp

your TDS is so bad youre to fucking stupid to know nixon didnt put up a defense because he resigned,,,,
The difference is Nixon had tapes and that's what killed him. Also the cover-up. This time their defense is it doesn't matter LOL

The only difference is that Trump is going to get away with this because he has a lockstep majority in the Senate and there are no tapes and no real cover-up obstruction yes. Nixon would have got off without those tapes LOL. The GOP is the swamp
Get away with what?????

First you have to show that he did what you accuse him of.

Since you fools could not prove any of the charges against Trump, from the emoluments clause, to Russian collusion, to a quid pro quo, you claim he "got away with it."

It's simply ignorant to falsely accuse someone of committing a crime, and because you have no proof of the charges you fling at them, that the person you accused "is going to get away with it."

There are people who think Joe Biden, by him identifying SEAL team Six for taking out OBL, was responsible for their deaths, when their helicopter was shot down August 6, 2011. According to your logic, Biden got away with murder.

Last edited:
Get away with what?????

First you have to show that he did what you accuse him of.

Since you fools could not prove any of the charges against Trump, from the emoluments clause, to Russian collusion, to a quid pro quo, you claim he "got away with it."

It's simply ignorant to falsely accuse someone of committing a crime, and because you have no proof of the charges you fling at them, that the person you accused "is going to get away with it."
But, but, but...…..Bull Schiff has proof. He's said so thousands of times on hundreds of shows over the last few years that he has it. For some odd reason, he's never produced a scrap of it though.

The only difference is that Trump is going to get away with this because he has a lockstep majority in the Senate

Which indicates the political foundation of the Democrats' nonsensical script. There's nothing there. No crime whatsoever.

Just GOP is the swamp according to you.

Funny isn't it when Schiff and Nadler presented their case for Conviction and Removal they claimed they had enough evidence to prove their case but did they?

How can you have Obstruction of Congress when it is clear the House did not exhaust the courts?

Care to explain that or will you need the DNC talking points first?

Now knowing Obstruction of Congress will be tossed can you truly argue abuse of Power and if so how?

Are you going to claim Trump abused his office by obstructing Congress and if so what was the Federal Court ruling or the USSC ruling on the matter?

That's right there were none, so you can not argue abuse of power when Obstructing Congress either.

So as you sit there proclaiming the fix is in the reality is your side made a weak case and did not follow through with the courts first and why?

The 2020 elections and how Schiff, Pelosi and Nadler hope most of America will be as daft as you when looking at this and not look deeply into their blunder...

So as you scream the GOP is the swamp, well if Trump had been a Democrat those like Schiff, Nadler and Pelosi would be denying Trump wrong doing and protecting him like the GOP you hate...

Just for you OP

Dr+trumps+butthurt+salve+and+cream+for+those+angry+upset_a6a7dc_6152290.jpg

Actually Trump call was wrong and in my opinion he ( Trump ) should have been censured for it and not Impeached and I know you will disagree but had it been Obama I would be saying the same thing.

I will admit Democrats and their voting base have been gunning for Trump for three plus years and believe me they are not done not by a country mile.

Democrats will regroup and focus on the 2020 election and hope the MSM will spin their talking points as McConnell covered for Trump and Trump will steal the November Election...

That way the Democrats can claim why they did not win in November is because Russia and Trump stole the election...

Watch, and see how the left lose their shit if Trump win, win the Popular Vote and win a Electoral College landslide victory...

But, but, but...…..Bull Schiff has proof. He's said so thousands of times on hundreds of shows over the last few years that he has it. For some odd reason, he's never produced a scrap of it though.
Curious how Trump colluding with Russians was not one of the impeachment articles, Schiff did tell us he had proof.

We know the answer, Schiff is a lying sack of shit, he has no honor or integrity, which is why Pelosi chose him to spearhead impeachment.

Actually Trump call was wrong and in my opinion he ( Trump ) should have been censured for it and not Impeached and I know you will disagree but had it been Obama I would be saying the same thing.

I will admit Democrats and their voting base have been gunning for Trump for three plus years and believe me they are not done not by a country mile.

Democrats will regroup and focus on the 2020 election and hope the MSM will spin their talking points as McConnell covered for Trump and Trump will steal the November Election...

That way the Democrats can claim why they did not win in November is because Russia and Trump stole the election...

Watch, and see how the left lose their shit if Trump win, win the Popular Vote and win a Electoral College landslide victory...
Actually I do agree I don’t consider Trumps call perfect neither does it rise to an impeachment level action and censure would have been an appropriate response. By the way if this had been an Obama phone call or any other Democrat I would feel the same way impeachment is not something to be used in a trivial manner.

Forum List

Back