Trump's HUGE Mistake Regarding Arpaio Pardon

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
No, the mistake was NOT in exercising his Presidential authority and pardoning Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

It was when he attempted to defend his action to the Leftard Media by comparing his pardon of Arpaio to the heinous criminal pardons handed out by Clinton and Obama, especially Clinton's pardon of Marc Ritch!

Trump: Arpaio pardon pretty much the same as the Rich, Rosenberg pardons, right? - Hot Air

"Asked about decision to pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Friday, Pres. Trump recites list of past presidential pardons: https://t.co/MI9rDKf933 pic.twitter.com/qCjNS5r9qL
— CBS News (@CBSNews) August 28, 2017"

1. "If the benchmark is the Marc Rich pardon, well, everything is going to clear that bar. Unlike Arpaio, or the “Weathered” Underground figure Susan Rosenberg and drug dealer Carlos Vignali, none of these fled the country to avoid prosecution before getting a clemency action. Rich was indeed the worst of the worst, but, er … does Trump really want to resort to a comparison to Rich? Does Arpaio appreciate that comparison?"

The answer, of course, is 'NO'. Trump does not WANT to or NEED to LOWER what he did to the level of Clinton and Obama pardoning criminals fleeing the country or terrorists who attacked / bombed their own country / fellow Americans.

2. "There’s a problem with the others mentioned by Trump in this press conference — none of them were pardons. Susan Rosenberg and Carlos Vignali got their sentences commuted by Bill Clinton, not pardons. Those clemency actions sprung them from jail, but they did not remove their convictions from the record. The same is true for two clemency actions cited by Trump supporters during Barack Obama’s presidency — Bradley/Chelsea Manning and FALN terrorist Oscar López Rivera. As bad as both those decisions were, they only commuted sentences. The judgment of the American justice system remains on them, but not Arpaio."

Bill Clinton and Barak Obama did not even use the power of the Pardon. Much like how Obama did with terrorists and the Taliban 5 (treasonously during a time of war), Clinton and Obama simply SET THE CRIMINALS AND TERRORISTS FREE by commuting their sentences.

None of this will matter to the partisanly blind sheep, though. No matter what happens or is revealed, 'DNC = Good, GOP = Bad', even if they have to hypocritically hold them to different standards, create Fake News, or break laws to justify that claim.

No, the mistake was NOT in exercising his Presidential authority and pardoning Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

It was when he attempted to defend his action to the Leftard Media by comparing his pardon of Arpaio to the heinous criminal pardons handed out by Clinton and Obama, especially Clinton's pardon of Marc Ritch!

Trump: Arpaio pardon pretty much the same as the Rich, Rosenberg pardons, right? - Hot Air

"Asked about decision to pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Friday, Pres. Trump recites list of past presidential pardons: https://t.co/MI9rDKf933 pic.twitter.com/qCjNS5r9qL

1. "If the benchmark is the Marc Rich pardon, well, everything is going to clear that bar. Unlike Arpaio, or the “Weathered” Underground figure Susan Rosenberg and drug dealer Carlos Vignali, none of these fled the country to avoid prosecution before getting a clemency action. Rich was indeed the worst of the worst, but, er … does Trump really want to resort to a comparison to Rich? Does Arpaio appreciate that comparison?"

The answer, of course, is 'NO'. Trump does not WANT to or NEED to LOWER what he did to the level of Clinton and Obama pardoning criminals fleeing the country or terrorists who attacked / bombed their own country / fellow Americans.

2. "There’s a problem with the others mentioned by Trump in this press conference — none of them were pardons. Susan Rosenberg and Carlos Vignali got their sentences commuted by Bill Clinton, not pardons. Those clemency actions sprung them from jail, but they did not remove their convictions from the record. The same is true for two clemency actions cited by Trump supporters during Barack Obama’s presidency — Bradley/Chelsea Manning and FALN terrorist Oscar López Rivera. As bad as both those decisions were, they only commuted sentences. The judgment of the American justice system remains on them, but not Arpaio."

Bill Clinton and Barak Obama did not even use the power of the Pardon. Much like how Obama did with terrorists and the Taliban 5 (treasonously during a time of war), Clinton and Obama simply SET THE CRIMINALS AND TERRORISTS FREE by commuting their sentences.

None of this will matter to the partisanly blind sheep, though. No matter what happens or is revealed, 'DNC = Good, GOP = Bad', even if they have to hypocritically hold them to different standards, create Fake News, or break laws to justify that claim.
It wouldn't matter if President Trump had pardoned Bradley Manning, you know the traitor to the country that changed his gender identity. If President Trump was to find a genie in a bottle and wish everyone to have a trillion dollars, the lickspittle, lapdog, liberal, lamestream media would find fault with that. I think it is time for the FCC to start revoking licenses until the lickspittle FAKE news start acting like journalist again.

Its just selective outrage. Who gives a fuck about that?

I agree.

Despite all the whining here...the guy was only scheduled to spend
6 months in jail anyway. It's not like Trump took him off of death row.

"It was only 6 months...a hockey season!"

I agree.

the people screaming about this was fine when obama was releasing drug dealers and trading off terrorists.
I mean, give me a break.. right? lol

I agree.

The best part...by pardoning him, it's established that Arpiao is guilty as charged and convicted. One does not pardon an innocent man.

I agree.

The best part...by pardoning him, it's established that Arpiao is guilty as charged and convicted. One does not pardon an innocent man.
Guilty of What?

I agree.

So Bradley Manning the guy Obama pardoned did commit treason against the US? If I ever meet that son of a bitch, I will make sure he rues the day.

I agree.

So Bradley Manning the guy Obama pardoned did commit treason against the US? If I ever meet that son of a bitch, I will make sure he rues the day.
get em rambo!

I agree.

That will not be proper nor will it be politically correct.

Bradley isn't a son-of-a-bitch anymore. He/she is now a full-fledged
Bitch.

It was a pardon for "Contempt of Court" which is absurd that an Obama Cum Guzzler Judge would even Charge a Sheriff for following Federal Law for such a thing.

I agree.

That will not be proper nor will it be politically correct.

Bradley isn't a son-of-a-bitch anymore. He/she is now a full-fledged
Bitch.
No, he is still a man with balls and dick, but with tits, and always inside be a fucking worthless liberal boy.

Before you was a traitor................after he was a traitor...
fazaeli-fatemeh20110413054707170.jpg

Should of been strung up while in prison, like the good ole days.

I agree.

Obama did not pardon Manning, he commuted his sentence to ONLY 7 years in jail.

Arpiao didn't spend a day in jail and his case was ongoing when Trump decided he needed to throw some meat to his base at a rally and then Friday primetime.

By accepting the pardon Arpiao ACCEPTS GUILT, that's how pardons work.

I agree.

Arpiao didn't spend a day in jail and his case was ongoing when Trump decided he needed to throw some meat to his base at a rally and then Friday primetime.

Thats like comparing ted bundy to a guy that busted with a quarter sack of pot

You are the one who is partisanly blind. You defend Trump by talking about what Democrats did. As bad as the Marc Rich pardon was, the Arpaio pardon was worse. Arpaio was a law enforcement official who violated the rights of Americans. He then bragged about how he was above the law. The message that sent to law enforcement officials was damning. Violate the rights of Americans and I will protect you.

I agree.

No my friend, not at all - Arpaio getting busted for refusing to comply with direct court order is like Al Copone getting busted for tax evasion.

I actually beg to differ. Not many people know (I commented on this earlier in another thread with a link to the story) but Arpaio AND HIS FAMILY both have bounties on their heads from the Mexican Drug Cartels Arpaio fought. There is a good chance Arpaio would never have come out alive if they put him in General Population In prison...

I agree.

No my friend, not at all - Arpaio getting busted for refusing to comply with direct court order is like Al Copone getting busted for tax evasion.
it was a misdemeanor. Manning got charged with 22 counts of things like aiding the enemy and shit. BIG difference.

You are the one who is partisanly blind. You defend Trump by talking about what Democrats did.
ACTUALLY, you are an idiot who has no idea what he is talking about.

I am not 'defending' Arpaio - he needs no defending. It was well in his power to Pardon whoever the hell he wants to, even though that fact completely pisses off the still-butt-hurt snowflakes who are trying to find and manufacture anything against Trump they can to bitch about.

The fact that Clinton and Obama were scumbags who simply released criminals who have fled the country, terrorists who killed Americans, and enemy leaders in the middle of a war is a spate issue, which is the real point of the entire article, which you ignorantly missed.

Trump was wrong to compare his Pardon to what Clinton and Barry did because it's like comparing apples and oranges...or apples and liberal fecal matter.

:p

it was a misdemeanor. Manning got charged with 22 counts of things like aiding the enemy and shit. BIG difference.

And Manning accepted the guilt and spent 7 years in jail for it vs 0 days for Arpaio who never admitted any wrong doing. BIG difference

Forum List

Back