Gov Rainer Failed IL Moderates and Conservatives who votes him in

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
1. Income tax:
I realize his veto was over-written and the Madigan machine is a corrupt force of nature. But the main reason most of us voted for him was because of the he promised this. He didn't reduce the ridiculous number of state employees or agencies as promised. He could have done that by executive order. Then he never built up the coalition with Republicans to prevent the veto over ride which needed a dozen Republican votes. He was quiet because he made deals behind closed doors to get the increase.

2. Property Tax:
He still talks about this but we get no laws or relief. BS.

3. Shrink the government and disband unnecessary agencies:

Illinois has nearly 7,000 units of local governments | Illinois Policy

IL has 7k local units of government that is more than TX and CA by close to (and more than) 2k units. It is insane. There is so much redundancy it is sick. There are no many unnecessary Gov jobs it can only be described as retarded! The gov ran on shrinking this, yet he has done nothing. This could have been fixed with an executive order, but nothing was done.

4. Term limits:
Campaign speech that was never even brought to the GA.

5. IL education reforms:
No school choice, no pension reform (he said this was necessary) and no change other than us suburbanites are having to bail out the CPA retired teacher pensions!

6. Sanctuary State status:
We were a de facto sanctuary state and now we are a de jure sanctuary state with the garbage legislation the fucko signed! What the hell is wrong with this POS

If we wanted a Democrat we would have voted for Quinn. No I won't vote for you again and I
plan to vote against you in the primary.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Now this guy just voted to steal money from Peter to pay Paul. I love how inner city folk believe all the suburb and rural schools are doing better financially simply because they do better economically. It is bullshit. The CPA spends more per student than any part of the state. CPA teachers are paid the best. It is not a funding issue rather it is a pupil issue. The kids in the failing schools are mostly black and Hispanic. They get the same funds, but they perform worse because of the kids in the school.

Not surprisingly the schools on the Northside are doing much better because they are mostly white now.

It is a harsh reality to face, but it is the truth.

I digress. It is an utter injustice to take money from other districts to pay for CPA teacher pensions.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back