Trump's 'Heads I Win, Tails you Lose' World

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Don't blame me, it's someone else's fault!

Cascading midterm losses rippled from east to west — Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona, Washington. Recriminations from fellow Republicans poured in. A rival’s star continued to rise in Florida.

Yet when Donald J. Trump stepped onto the flag-bedecked stage at his gilded Palm Beach palace on Tuesday evening to declare that he would run for president again, it was as if none of it had happened.

The former president cannot stop trying to make his own reality and cannot start accepting responsibility for his actions or acknowledging their consequences. In the heads-I-win-tails-you-lose world of Mr. Trump, all successes accrue to him, and any failings are someone else’s fault — the 2018 midterms, when Democrats took back the House; his own presidential loss in 2020; and now 2022, the worst showing of a party out of power in two decades.

In that sense, with the smoke still rising on a national rebuke, the choreographed conviviality on Tuesday night was the ultimate in not taking responsibility.

Instead, Mr. Trump spun out an alternate vision where the news media has not reported all his successes and where much of the blame for the party’s shortcomings in the midterms “is correct,” though none of that blame belongs to him. And while the country, he told supporters, has slid from greatness to abject embarrassment in two short years, its citizens “have not yet realized the full extent and gravity of the pain our nation is going through” — a suggestion that voters would have punished the party in power if they had only shared his understanding of President Biden’s depravity.

He showed, in other words, that the word “loser” remains his ultimate epithet.

“If he thinks he can win in 2024, he is going to run in 2024, and I doubt there is anyone who can change his mind on that,” said Mick Mulvaney, an acting chief of staff in Mr. Trump’s White House. “The question is whether, in light of 2018, 2020 and last week, is he — himself, and no one else — starting to recognize that if the presidential election were held today, he would probably lose.”

1668619357038.png

Cascading midterm losses rippled from east to west — Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona, Washington. Recriminations from fellow Republicans poured in. A rival’s star continued to rise in Florida.

Yet when Donald J. Trump stepped onto the flag-bedecked stage at his gilded Palm Beach palace on Tuesday evening to declare that he would run for president again, it was as if none of it had happened.

The former president cannot stop trying to make his own reality and cannot start accepting responsibility for his actions or acknowledging their consequences. In the heads-I-win-tails-you-lose world of Mr. Trump, all successes accrue to him, and any failings are someone else’s fault — the 2018 midterms, when Democrats took back the House; his own presidential loss in 2020; and now 2022, the worst showing of a party out of power in two decades.

In that sense, with the smoke still rising on a national rebuke, the choreographed conviviality on Tuesday night was the ultimate in not taking responsibility.

Instead, Mr. Trump spun out an alternate vision where the news media has not reported all his successes and where much of the blame for the party’s shortcomings in the midterms “is correct,” though none of that blame belongs to him. And while the country, he told supporters, has slid from greatness to abject embarrassment in two short years, its citizens “have not yet realized the full extent and gravity of the pain our nation is going through” — a suggestion that voters would have punished the party in power if they had only shared his understanding of President Biden’s depravity.

“If he thinks he can win in 2024, he is going to run in 2024, and I doubt there is anyone who can change his mind on that,” said Mick Mulvaney, an acting chief of staff in Mr. Trump’s White House. “The question is whether, in light of 2018, 2020 and last week, is he — himself, and no one else — starting to recognize that if the presidential election were held today, he would probably lose.”

Hey, do you really bleed from the eyes when you melt down like this? Please get video. I've gotta see that!

Oh, I see that you're having trouble coming up with slime that's actually original. Why am I not surprised?

I guess you didn't see Low Energy Donald's speech last night. Not one single word of originality.

The Biggest Loser is going to find out very quickly that the mob has tired of his same old hackneyed boring schtick.

In Trump's speech last night he laid out a compelling indictment of how the Democrats have screwed up this country and why we need to get rid of the sonofabitches before they do even more damage..
You must not have seen the speech.

Low Energy Donald's speech was so attenuated and boring, you could tell that not even he believes his own bullshit any more.

donald-trump-looking-like-idiot-6.jpg

This time I really, really will repeal and replace Obamacare, pay off the debt, reduce the trade deficit with China and Mexico, build the Wall, bring back coal jobs, remove all illegal aliens, and grow the economy by 4 to 6 percent every year! Bleev me, folks. Bleev me. Bleev me. That I can tell you.

I guess you didn't see Low Energy Donald's speech last night. Not one single word of originality.

The Biggest Loser is going to find out very quickly that the mob has tired of his same old hackneyed boring schtick.

Your gay leftist fantasies about the man are entertaining.

You want him bad.

You must not have seen the speech.

Low Energy Donald's speech was so attenuated and boring, you could tell that not even he believes his own bullshit any more.

donald-trump-looking-like-idiot-6.jpg

This time I really, really will repeal and replace Obamacare, pay off the debt, reduce the trade deficit with China and Mexico, build the Wall, bring back coal jobs, remove all illegal aliens, and grow the economy by 4 to 6 percent every year! Bleev me, folks. Bleev me. Bleev me. That I can tell you.

OOH! Attenuated! You learned a new word today! I'll bet mommy is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD!

In Trump's speech last night he laid out a compelling indictment of how the Democrats have screwed up this country and why we need to get rid of the sonofabitches before they do even more damage..

Trump is not the one to get rid of them. Trump is the one who will ensure they stay in power.

You flat out cheated in several states and still lost the house, you inbred bathroom confused cross dressing loser.

Forum List

Back