Trump's Economic Team Gave Private Warnings To Wallstreet That Fueled Sell-Offs

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"On the afternoon of Feb. 24, President Donald Trump declared on Twitter that the coronavirus was “very much under control” in the United States -- He even added an observation for investors: “Stock market starting to look very good to me!” But hours earlier, senior members of the president’s economic team, privately addressing board members of the conservative Hoover Institution, were less confident. Hours after he had boasted on CNBC that the virus was contained in the United States and “it’s pretty close to airtight,” Kudlow delivered a more ambiguous private message. The document, written by a hedge fund consultant who attended the three-day gathering of Hoover’s board, was stark. “What struck me,” the consultant wrote, was that nearly every official he heard from raised the virus “as a point of concern, totally unprovoked.”

Whoever this hedge fund guy was who totally betrayed the message of the Trump team and caused a panic among investors to do market sell-offs; that guy needs to be charged with something harsh and serious...Trump was trying NOT TO PANIC the American people and our markets -- but this guy ignored the spin the president was pushing and basically committed treason against us by urging investors to panic because of this overblown virus that didn't amount to more than a common cold..

It's as likely that Wall Street instructed the president how they wanted this presented to the public. (not that the same thing wouldn't have happened with Hillary)

It's as likely that Wall Street instructed the president how they wanted this presented to the public. (not that the same thing wouldn't have happened with Hillary)
I am confident the same thing would have happened with any president as it pertains to protecting Wall-Street.....except not as incompetently...

I am confident the same thing would have happened with any president as it pertains to protecting Wall-Street.....except not as incompetently...

Kinda a which is worse scenario........cancer or a heart attack.

The one with the higher survival rate

Trump was trying NOT TO PANIC the American people and our markets -- but this guy ignored the spin the president was pushing and basically committed treason against us by urging investors to panic because of this overblown virus that didn't amount to more than a common cold..
Your link:

"The consultant’s assessment quickly spread through parts of the investment world. U.S. stocks were already spiraling because of a warning from a federal public health official that the virus was likely to spread, but traders spotted the immediate significance:

"The president’s aides appeared to be giving wealthy party donors an early warning of a potentially impactful contagion at a time when Trump was publicly insisting that the threat was nonexistent."

Another example of draining the swamp or making America great again?
1602772628406.jpeg

The Spanish Influenza Comes to Ohio

The one with the higher survival rate
We just can not live within our means. Much all the governments in our nation can topple quite easily in a bad time. Only the Federal Fiat Currency and its endless churning of the printing presses keeps it alive. And every principle of economics is fooled. For a while.

Forum List

Back