Trump's Dieselgate?: How The GOP/BigOil Powers Intend To Smash Efficient Cars Again

That should be everyone's right to choose what they want to drive, if someone wants to drive something that gets 2 miles to the gallon fine if someone wants to drive some electric car that has to be plugged in every few miles and gets 100 miles to the gallon fine…

The vehicles I drive get somewhere between eight and 10 miles to the gallon which is fine with me…

The vehicles I drive get more like 25-30 mpg. They're big and they're diesel. My little diesel gets 50-60 mpg. And BTW, electric cars don't get plugged in "every few miles". Some have a range of over 200 miles Driving Range for the Model S Family

And if they perfect flexible solar panels for their rooftops, in sunny regions that range will be vastly extended on a reliable basis for the regular commuters.

Part of eliminating a consumer's right to choose is disinformation circulated with the insidious cause of lobbying to squeeze those types of cars out of the marketplace. Or the appointment of BigOil's Emperor Supreme as the Secretary of State....Or industrial sabotage which is what I suspect happened with VW's very popular jettas, bugs & others.

Which, all electric car, has a 200-mile range and how much does it cost?

How do you have the audacity to suggest that VW was the victim of sabotage when VW ADMITTED WHAT THEY HAD DONE?

Nobody is squeezing out any car from the market. The FACT IS that many of your beloved cars are not competitive. Who, besides some ultra-rich celebrity can afford $150,000 for a car that can go 200 miles?

If you want a car that can be driven in nice bright sunlight...and for an hour or so after dark, GO FOR IT! Just don't expect me to give up my '66 500+ hp Goat or my cruiser Hog.

BigOil is headhunding. Trump will help them every inch of the way. Got to wonder who inspired VW in Germany to flub the emissions thing.

1. They are pushing out small diesel passenger cars that get 50-70 mpg. I strongly suspect industrial sabotage on the VW diesel small passenger imports.

Thanks to their good fuel economy, diesel cars have remained popular in Europe, where fuel is two to three times more expensive than in America, and oil refineries are optimised to produce a plentiful supply of diesel. The diesel’s efficiency stems from not having to throttle the engine to control its speed. It therefore has none of the “pumping losses” that hobble petrol engines. Add the fact that diesel fuel packs 10% more energy than gasoline, and it easy to see why diesels can be 30% more efficient than their petrol equivalents.

They have other virtues, too. Like electric motors, diesels generate oodles of low-end torque, making them quick off the mark and more relaxing to drive. Also, their sturdiness—necessitated by having to cope with much higher cylinder pressures—gives them an enviable reputation for durability. For good reason, truckers swear by diesels. Long-distance rigs can easily put in 100,000 miles (160,000km) a year, and run for a million miles or more before needing an overhaul.

Large diesel cars and luxury SUVs share many of the same virtues. But with their high sticker prices, they can absorb the cost of the additional processing needed to clean up their polluting exhausts. Bigger vehicles also have the space to install the gear that does this. By comparison, making small, lightweight diesels for family cars is a serious challenge. The sleight of hand could be pulled off in Europe—where diesel cars account for half of all new vehicles bought—only because emission standards there have been so lax.
http://www.economist.com/news/scien...ean-affordable-diesel-cars-dieselgate-dilemma

OK, "lax" emissions standards in all those very clean-air countries in Europe. Something's not adding up...

2. They are making the idea of 4wd passenger cars vogue again....that only run on gas...which are the most inefficient types of cars there are. Welcome back 15-20 mpg... again. I guess that that will result in a new profit tidal wave for BigOil is merely a coincidence...

You will see bigger cars, more clunky looking cars (the more boxy their nose looks, the worse gas mileage they get). This is what dumb America is being groomed to accept. Only you can insist that your car be streamlined and efficient.

I guess the idea that diesel fuel lends itself perfectly to being combined with bio oils where fuels can be produced cheaply using algae and other forms of biomass just doesn't sit well with BigOil. So diesel is being demonized.

If one car requires 1/3 the fuel to go the same distance as another car, whose emissions are also not good for the environment, which car should you buy? And, if one of them can use fuel at 1/3 the amount of the other and cut that fuel with a biologically-grown source, which car should you buy? Consider our involvement in the Middle East before you answer that question..

How is it that Europe (& Japan) is driving the hell out of small diesel passenger cars while maintaining their reputation for pristine clean air in their towns and countrysides? Something ain't adding up.. Once again BigOil positions itself to crush its competition.

BigOil forced owners to return their cars to be crushed & sit in piles in the desert. Here's what BigOil does to efficient competition: (pile of crushed 2000 Chevy volts after a forced recall).

after2.jpg

No, we just like cats built out of steel and not plastic

And we like all cars to not look the same and look as ugly as a NOW member.
the all looking the same bothers me too.
I remember in the 60s and 70s when I could see a car and tell you what it was including the year of production. I was 10 in 68 and able to do that.
Now I cant tell if its a Toyota, Kia, Hyndai, Honda or hell, Mercedes for that matter. Every car seems to look the same as every other. the only thing that still has a distinctive look are the Trucks and most SUVs. Chevy and Dodge are very easy to tell by the front ends alone, Ford, easy to tell, its usually the one on the side of the road or the back of a Tow Truck.. LOL (had to be done)

You're 100% right. All the restrictions mandate that the cars all use the same wind tunnel and the result is all the same cars. I stopped behind a late model Jaguar the other day and had to hunt for the name. I couldn't tell what it was. I once owned an XK-120 Jaguar. The same model won at Lemans three years straight. No one saw it from any angle and didn't know it was an exceptional Jaguar. Same as the XKE type.

I'm criticizing both the right and left for stupidity.

Let's take the Chevy Canyon for an example of how even with diesel trucks they're doing all they can to reduce efficiency.

Here's a gorgeous snowplow: (from your link) It gets 31mpg on the highway...supposedly. And if you're in snow country, the good news is you won't have to attach a pushing scoop on the front. Chevy already took care of that for you at the factory.

2015-GMC-Canyon-108.jpg
Fuel economy is one of the last things I consider, if at all when buying a vehicle...
why is that? do you have fuel, expense account?

Simple, for me I'm a big guy, many cars on the market today are impossible for me to ride in comfortable. I insist on a car that is easy to get in and out of and very comfortable for me to ride in for many hours. Many cars, my head hits the roof. Other than my toys, I'm not concerned with the appearance of a car.

If anything, Trump and his boss Putin want higher oil prices. Low oil prices are crushing Russia's economy, and putting a crimp in Vlad's imperialist plans. And our new secretary of State, the CEO of Exxon, also wants higher oil prices.

You are confusing President Donald Trump with petulant, former President Barack Hussein Obama. It was President Obama who wanted energy prices to "necessarily skyrocket" and who was comfortable with $4.00 per gallon gasoline.

Here's where we were before the spamming started ^^

.****

Wrong. Turbos increase air flow which increases the aerosol effect (spread out, not dense!) of the air-fuel mix. Since oxygen is flammable, this incorporates more air into the explosion, which means LESS FUEL. This is why the turbo diesel is KING on fuel efficiency. Add biofuel to that diesel mix and you're really divorcing yourself from the Middle East...and fracking...and hence the reason this thread exists. Also, the cooler the air, the better it works to burn fuel more efficiently. So look for heaters to be installed in the fore areas of any turbo intakes in Detroit.. :cranky:

BigOil doesn't want you getting better mileage or understanding how cars and engine types really work.. If you use more fluffy fuel (less fuel, more air) and cut it with biofuels, they make less money. (unless they're smart and lobby their bed buddies in Congress to let them monopolize biofuels...duh...) And their cronies, heavy invested in the Middle East and carving our foreign policy and military budgets (which they also get VERY fat on for decades.. and have by overcharging the public), will also lose money. You want to know why our economy is in the septic tank and probably wont' crawl out? It's HOW WE MAKE CARS that is the root of it.

It's a similar situation with bigNuke. Nuclear plants don't want the public knowing that all their tax dollars going into that trough, that black hole... at a zero-profit (nuclear plants have never been profitable since they were built...relying 100% on subsidies to stay afloat) merely boil water. That's all nuclear plants do. And when we already have free radiation that boils water belting down from the sun, it makes them mad when people discover what a scam they are....and that the sun...and geothermal heat resources can be running these steam turbines with clean carbon as a backup.

Our energy is literally an elaborate scam, by a host of scam artists all piling up in line to siphon the US Treasury when they know how to do it more efficiently, cheaply AND STILL MAKE A TON OF MONEY...by getting their buddies in Congress to let them monopolize. Like the deal most energy companies struck to monopolize entire regions to produce power.

Go ahead...we'll pay the same at the pump. Or the meter at home. We don't care. Just use clean and efficient energy and save yourselves money charging the same...for fuck's sake. Our Treasury cannot take another decade of the BigOil BigEnergy scam rackets.. This corporate welfare program has gone on long enough. Rich people on welfare make me sick to my stomach. I don't know how they can look at themselves in the mirror knowing our beautiful and grand country is going down the tubes as they squeeze the last dollar out of her; as they buy private islands and offshore accounts...& strike backroom deals with the Russians and Arabs.. to tide themselves over into their golden years.. They got their horse farm and yacht. Fuck America.. Who cares? Well I do. And even if we wanted to let them continue, our economic situation says we can't.

.****

Wrong. Turbos increase air flow which increases the aerosol effect (spread out, not dense!) of the air-fuel mix. Since oxygen is flammable, this incorporates more air into the explosion, which means LESS FUEL. This is why the turbo diesel is KING on fuel efficiency. Add biofuel to that diesel mix and you're really divorcing yourself from the Middle East...and fracking...and hence the reason this thread exists. Also, the cooler the air, the better it works to burn fuel more efficiently. So look for heaters to be installed in the fore areas of any turbo intakes in Detroit.. :cranky:

BigOil doesn't want you getting better mileage or understanding how cars and engine types really work.. If you use more fluffy fuel (less fuel, more air) and cut it with biofuels, they make less money. (unless they're smart and lobby their bed buddies in Congress to let them monopolize biofuels...duh...) And their cronies, heavy invested in the Middle East and carving our foreign policy and military budgets (which they also get VERY fat on for decades.. and have by overcharging the public), will also lose money. You want to know why our economy is in the septic tank and probably wont' crawl out? It's HOW WE MAKE CARS that is the root of it.

It's a similar situation with bigNuke. Nuclear plants don't want the public knowing that all their tax dollars going into that trough, that black hole... at a zero-profit (nuclear plants have never been profitable since they were built...relying 100% on subsidies to stay afloat) merely boil water. That's all nuclear plants do. And when we already have free radiation that boils water belting down from the sun, it makes them mad when people discover what a scam they are....and that the sun...and geothermal heat resources can be running these steam turbines with clean carbon as a backup.

Our energy is literally an elaborate scam, by a host of scam artists all piling up in line to siphon the US Treasury when they know how to do it more efficiently, cheaply AND STILL MAKE A TON OF MONEY...by getting their buddies in Congress to let them monopolize. Like the deal most energy companies struck to monopolize entire regions to produce power.

Go ahead...we'll pay the same at the pump. Or the meter at home. We don't care. Just use clean and efficient energy and save yourselves money charging the same...for fuck's sake. Our Treasury cannot take another decade of the BigOil BigEnergy scam rackets.. This corporate welfare program has gone on long enough. Rich people on welfare make me sick to my stomach. I don't know how they can look at themselves in the mirror knowing our beautiful and grand country is going down the tubes as they squeeze the last dollar out of her; as they buy private islands and offshore accounts...& strike backroom deals with the Russians and Arabs.. to tide themselves over into their golden years.. They got their horse farm and yacht. Fuck America.. Who cares? Well I do. And even if we wanted to let them continue, our economic situation says we can't.

Well then lets remove regulations and let people to start biofuel companies to challenge big oil.

No, BigOil needs to pad the right pockets in Congress to corner the market on bio-diesel. Just like every other big money industry does involving energy. I'll pay the same at the pump either way. I just want us out of the Middle East and I don't want the New Madrid Fault rupturing in the next ten years from fracking earthquakes triggering it.

.****

Huh? Turbos increase pressure....I will let you continue from there.....:lol:

just clamor for better technology at lower prices.

don't complain; be Patriotic.

the customer is always right.

The way you "clamor" is by REFUSING to buy one of their stupid big heavy clunky underpowered SUVs sitting on the new car lot. Let them collect dust while you shop for a used car that gets better mileage. *waits for the forced recall of every economical used car due to some magical malfunction "intrinsic to the car and impossible to fix!!" *

just clamor for better technology at lower prices.

don't complain; be Patriotic.

the customer is always right.

The way you "clamor" is by REFUSING to buy one of their stupid big heavy clunky underpowered SUVs sitting on the new car lot. Let them collect dust while you shop for a used car that gets better mileage. *waits for the forced recall of every economical used car due to some magical malfunction "intrinsic to the car and impossible to fix!!" *
in modern times, we can simply email a Firm, and ask for better products at lower cost, or a rationale for any perceived, market inefficiency.

in modern times, we can simply email a Firm, and ask for better products at lower cost, or a rationale for any perceived, market inefficiency.
Not when the motivation is BigOil and their push for people consuming more product any way they can connive via their Detroit appendage...

Buzz off... I love my Suburban. If I'm OK with 16 mpg, what business is it of yours?
The problem is if the wide variety of economical cars are squeezed off the market. That's BigOil's aim. You're free to do as you like. But if the selections are removed, are you really free if all you can find is a piece of shit Chevy Suburban that only gets a max of 16 mpg highway...or it's equivalent in an SUV?

It's why the VW thing happened. Yet oddly, American powers that be WILL trust VW importing a new inefficient gasoline SUV they were told was all they were allowed to import. It has a little 2.0 liter engine in a big heavy body. Wow. Their brand will be dead by the time people figure that scam out. Someone in Detroit's/BigOil snake den sure was mad at VW. Not like we need Germany as an ally or anything. Best to scrap that relationship as a favor to BigOil...

Poisoning everyone just for the egoistic sensation of pushing an accelerator is about as unintelligent as one can be.

Poisoning everyone just for the egoistic sensation of pushing an accelerator is about as unintelligent as one can be.
Well electric cars had better push for linear fresnel solar thermal power plants, or perfect solar PV charging....because those electric cars will need juice that ultimately comes from BigOil the present way we have our steam turbines fired up.

Forum List

Back