Trump’s Cabinet Is Attending Weekly Bible Studies Led By A Conservative Pastor

5980f9061500007d208b49e4.jpeg

President Donald Trump speaks during a cabinet meeting in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, DC on Monday, July 31, 2017.

Bible studies are one of the foundational ways that Christians gather to learn about their faith. As a result, these small groups are a very common aspect of life for many American Christians.

But one particular Bible study group has been gaining notoriety in recent months, primarily because of the powerful people who are attending, and the controversial lessons being taught.

Members of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet ― some of the most powerful people in the United States ― have been gathering at a Bible study on Capitol Hill organized by the Christian pastor Ralph Drollinger, according to The Christian Broadcasting Network.

Drollinger is the president and founder of Capitol Ministries, a conservative Christian group that seeks to “evangelize elected officials and lead them toward maturity in Christ.” The group has planted Biblical ministries in state capitols across the country and holds Bible studies for Senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Since Trump arrived in the White House, Drollinger has also been meeting weekly with members of the White House Cabinet. The sessions have been taking place since at least April.

Capitol Ministries claims that key Trump advisors have sponsored Drollinger’s Bible studies ― people like Vice President Mike Pence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and Department of Energy Secretary Rick Perry. In this context, sponsoring means that they helped Drollinger find a space to hold his Bible study. An outside group seeking to hold a special event in a Congressional building needs to reserve a room through a congressperson’s office.

In an interview with CBN News, Drollinger claims the class he leads for Cabinet members is the “best Bible study that I’ve ever taught in my life.”

“These are godly individuals that God has risen to a position of prominence in our culture,” Drollinger told CBN. “They are so teachable; they’re so noble; they’re so learned.”

Drollinger also suggested that the attendees have found practical ways to apply the lessons taught during these Bible studies.

More: Trump’s Cabinet Is Attending Weekly Bible Studies Led By A Conservative Pastor

I find this troubling on several levels (actually I find it scary as hell) - including that Christianity is the only religion represented. The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. What do you think?

Also, they are having their so-called "Bible Study" on government property - funded by all taxpayers. Are they attending on work time or personal time? Are they pressuring others to attend?

The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. What do you think?

I think you should try reading the 1st Amendment before making such an ignorant statement.

You're one pathetic snowflake.

President Donald Trump speaks during a cabinet meeting in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, DC on Monday, July 31, 2017.

Bible studies are one of the foundational ways that Christians gather to learn about their faith. As a result, these small groups are a very common aspect of life for many American Christians.

But one particular Bible study group has been gaining notoriety in recent months, primarily because of the powerful people who are attending, and the controversial lessons being taught.

Members of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet ― some of the most powerful people in the United States ― have been gathering at a Bible study on Capitol Hill organized by the Christian pastor Ralph Drollinger, according to The Christian Broadcasting Network.

Drollinger is the president and founder of Capitol Ministries, a conservative Christian group that seeks to “evangelize elected officials and lead them toward maturity in Christ.” The group has planted Biblical ministries in state capitols across the country and holds Bible studies for Senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Since Trump arrived in the White House, Drollinger has also been meeting weekly with members of the White House Cabinet. The sessions have been taking place since at least April.

Capitol Ministries claims that key Trump advisors have sponsored Drollinger’s Bible studies ― people like Vice President Mike Pence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and Department of Energy Secretary Rick Perry. In this context, sponsoring means that they helped Drollinger find a space to hold his Bible study. An outside group seeking to hold a special event in a Congressional building needs to reserve a room through a congressperson’s office.

In an interview with CBN News, Drollinger claims the class he leads for Cabinet members is the “best Bible study that I’ve ever taught in my life.”

“These are godly individuals that God has risen to a position of prominence in our culture,” Drollinger told CBN. “They are so teachable; they’re so noble; they’re so learned.”

Drollinger also suggested that the attendees have found practical ways to apply the lessons taught during these Bible studies.

More: Trump’s Cabinet Is Attending Weekly Bible Studies Led By A Conservative Pastor

I find this troubling on several levels (actually I find it scary as hell) - including that Christianity is the only religion represented. The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. What do you think?

Also, they are having their so-called "Bible Study" on government property - funded by all taxpayers. Are they attending on work time or personal time? Are they pressuring others to attend?

Trump & religion is an oxymoron.

00-matt-wuerker-were-sticking-with-trump-2016.jpg

I think you're an idiot!

The founders didn't give us a "godless" Constitution,
they instituted freedom of religion

And frankly, I'm not even going to finish my reply...
Some people are so lost it's pointless!

You obviously have much to learn about our Constitution. Start here...

It has often been seen on the Internet that to find God in the Constitution, all one has to do is read it, and see how often the Framers used the words "God," or "Creator," "Jesus," or "Lord." Except for one notable instance, however, none of these words ever appears in the Constitution, neither the original nor in any of the Amendments. The notable exception is found in the Signatory section, where the date is written thusly: "Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven". The use of the word "Lord" here is not a religious reference, however. This was a common way of expressing the date, in both religious and secular contexts. This lack of any these words does not mean that the Framers were not spiritual people, any more than the use of the word Lord means that they were. What this lack of these words is expositive of is not a love for or disdain for religion, but the feeling that the new government should not involve itself in matters of religion. In fact, the original Constitution bars any religious test to hold any federal office in the United States. For more information, see the Religion Topic Page.

Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

It must drive you crazy that Your Democratic Presidents were sworn in with a Bible. Lol!

No, so long as they govern in a secular manner. If the planet lasts long enough, eventually evolution will breed all this batshit crazy religious nonsense out of humanity.

The fake Kristians in the US are constantly looking for ways to force their religious beliefs on everyone else and their first motis operandi is getting control of the government.

Where true Christianity says "render unto Caesar that which is Caesars, i.e. the government, the fake Kristians view government just as the church did in old Europe where the government and the church were interchangeable. The very reason the founders of the United States insisted on a separation of church and state.

But current day Kristians seek the opposite. The seek to make the US government a defacto Christian theocracy that forces Christianity to be the dominant religion and forces all other religions into hiding.

It is against Christ and it is against democracy. But these people don't care about either of those, they act as if theirs is a divine mission from god. Look to the mideast to see equivalents.

Amen! Thank you!

The fake Kristians in the US are constantly looking for ways to force their religious beliefs on everyone else and their first motis operandi is getting control of the government.

Where true Christianity says "render unto Caesar that which is Caesars, i.e. the government, the fake Kristians view government just as the church did in old Europe where the government and the church were interchangeable. The very reason the founders of the United States insisted on a separation of church and state.

But current day Kristians seek the opposite. The seek to make the US government a defacto Christian theocracy that forces Christianity to be the dominant religion and forces all other religions into hiding.

It is against Christ and it is against democracy. But these people don't care about either of those, they act as if theirs is a divine mission from god. Look to the mideast to see equivalents.
EXACTLY!

Abortion

Gay marriage

Using reinterpretation to claim Constitutional violations
as a basis for and a means to, remove God and any indication of Him

Making "God bless you" and "Merry Christmas",
politically incorrect and offensive

Funding programs which encourages promiscuity

Making faith based morals, convictions and beliefs
discriminatory and a violation of someone else's rights
in order to uphold non faith based morals, convictions and beliefs.

No faith is still faith

I can go on and on and on...
I can clearly see how fucked up shit is
because of those who supposedly align themselves with God

I think you're an idiot!

The founders didn't give us a "godless" Constitution,
they instituted freedom of religion

And frankly, I'm not even going to finish my reply...
Some people are so lost it's pointless!

You obviously have much to learn about our Constitution. Start here...

It has often been seen on the Internet that to find God in the Constitution, all one has to do is read it, and see how often the Framers used the words "God," or "Creator," "Jesus," or "Lord." Except for one notable instance, however, none of these words ever appears in the Constitution, neither the original nor in any of the Amendments. The notable exception is found in the Signatory section, where the date is written thusly: "Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven". The use of the word "Lord" here is not a religious reference, however. This was a common way of expressing the date, in both religious and secular contexts. This lack of any these words does not mean that the Framers were not spiritual people, any more than the use of the word Lord means that they were. What this lack of these words is expositive of is not a love for or disdain for religion, but the feeling that the new government should not involve itself in matters of religion. In fact, the original Constitution bars any religious test to hold any federal office in the United States. For more information, see the Religion Topic Page.

Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
all one has to do is read it, and see how often the Framers used the words "God," or "Creator," "Jesus," or "Lord." Except for one notable instance, however, none of these words ever appears in the Constitution, neither the original nor in any of the Amendments. The notable exception is found in the Signatory section, where the date is written thusly: "Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven". The use of the word "Lord" here is not a religious reference, however. This was a common way of expressing the date, in both religious and secular contexts.

The terms anno Domini (AD) and before Christ (BC) are used to label
or number years in the Julian and Gregorian calendars.
The term anno Domini is Medieval Latin
and means "in the year of the Lord",
but is often translated as "in the year of our Lord"

A.D." stands for anno domini, Latin for “in the year of the lord,”
and refers specifically to the birth of Jesus Christ.
"B.C." stands for "before Christ.
You obviously have much to learn about our Constitution.
all one has to do is read it, and see how often the Framers used the words "God," or "Creator," "Jesus," or "Lord."...

What this lack of these words is expositive of is not a love for or disdain for religion, but the feeling that the new government should not involve itself in matters of religion.
ESTABLISHED RELIGION

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

The civil rights of none shall be abridged
on account of religious belief or worship,
nor shall any national religion be established,
nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience
be in any manner, or on any pretext, infringed.

The First Amendment has been maliciously
reinterpreted to ensure the removal of God,
and a moral standard which prevents the decay of society,
by allowing perversion and corrupted practices,
to spread and infest itself deeper into every generation!

A country, whose founding fathers shared a strong belief,
in Almighty God, as the Supreme being of all creation,
and in Jesus Christ, being His Son sent to redeem mankind

They believed the Holy Bible to be God's Word,
given to men of God, through the Holy Spirit,
and a just guidebook to live ones life and conduct business

They did not want their beliefs forced on others,
nor, did they intend, further down the line,
for God and Jesus to be removed from our consciousness!

But, that has been the goal of satan
and he works through his offspring to accomplish this
In fact, the original Constitution bars any religious test to hold any federal office
Yeah, to force or mandate allegiance
to a particular god or religion in order to hold office

It scares me when religious nuts are running the country. We had that same psycho shit with Boy Bush - and we know what that gave us.

born-again-christian-president-george-w-bush-told-palestinian-ministers-8989236.png

Yeah, you leftists will believe any crap that is against a Republican. You are unbelievably stupid.

I don't like religious psychos - regardless of their politics - and I especially don't like them running the country. I suspect Ayatollah Pence has a lot to do with this.

You wouldn't have liked George Washington or Thomas Jefferson, then.

Religion and the Federal Government, Part 2 - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic | Exhibitions (Library of Congress)

Those bastards.

You can see from the replies on this thread and in all threads like them, people that claim to be Kristians are fine and dandy with religion in government, as long as it is their religion. Kristians are the most insecure of the religious groups. They don't feel right unless everyone around them agrees with their worldview. You don't see Jews demanding that this government ever pack itself with Jews. Or Hindus.

Only Kristians do that. Ever. They're always pushing for a soft theocracy in the US where their religion is favored and the rest are silenced.

Insecurity about one's beliefs.

You can see from the replies on this thread and in all threads like them, people that claim to be Kristians are fine and dandy with religion in government, as long as it is their religion. Kristians are the most insecure of the religious groups. They don't feel right unless everyone around them agrees with their worldview. You don't see Jews demanding that this government ever pack itself with Jews. Or Hindus.

Only Kristians do that. Ever. They're always pushing for a soft theocracy in the US where their religion is favored and the rest are silenced.

Except none of you can point to one law or official document stating any policy other then an inch of old people sitting around pretending to talk about God. Who even cares really?

Why would they pack their cabinet with Jews or Hindus, in a country that is, for all intents and purposes, a secularized Christian Nation?

We live in North America... Nova Europa... hell, the entire Western Hemisphere is one huge extension of Christendom.

Forum List

Back