Trump’s Cabinet Is Attending Weekly Bible Studies Led By A Conservative Pastor

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5980f9061500007d208b49e4.jpeg

President Donald Trump speaks during a cabinet meeting in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, DC on Monday, July 31, 2017.

Bible studies are one of the foundational ways that Christians gather to learn about their faith. As a result, these small groups are a very common aspect of life for many American Christians.

But one particular Bible study group has been gaining notoriety in recent months, primarily because of the powerful people who are attending, and the controversial lessons being taught.

Members of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet ― some of the most powerful people in the United States ― have been gathering at a Bible study on Capitol Hill organized by the Christian pastor Ralph Drollinger, according to The Christian Broadcasting Network.

Drollinger is the president and founder of Capitol Ministries, a conservative Christian group that seeks to “evangelize elected officials and lead them toward maturity in Christ.” The group has planted Biblical ministries in state capitols across the country and holds Bible studies for Senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Since Trump arrived in the White House, Drollinger has also been meeting weekly with members of the White House Cabinet. The sessions have been taking place since at least April.

Capitol Ministries claims that key Trump advisors have sponsored Drollinger’s Bible studies ― people like Vice President Mike Pence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and Department of Energy Secretary Rick Perry. In this context, sponsoring means that they helped Drollinger find a space to hold his Bible study. An outside group seeking to hold a special event in a Congressional building needs to reserve a room through a congressperson’s office.

In an interview with CBN News, Drollinger claims the class he leads for Cabinet members is the “best Bible study that I’ve ever taught in my life.”

“These are godly individuals that God has risen to a position of prominence in our culture,” Drollinger told CBN. “They are so teachable; they’re so noble; they’re so learned.”

Drollinger also suggested that the attendees have found practical ways to apply the lessons taught during these Bible studies.

More: Trump’s Cabinet Is Attending Weekly Bible Studies Led By A Conservative Pastor

I find this troubling on several levels (actually I find it scary as hell) - including that Christianity is the only religion represented. The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. What do you think?

Also, they are having their so-called "Bible Study" on government property - funded by all taxpayers. Are they attending on work time or personal time? Are they pressuring others to attend?

Last edited:
5980fb4c1500007d208b49ed.jpeg

Ralph Drollinger is a former NBA basketball player and an evangelical Christian. He’s pictured here, circa 1985.

Christian pastor Ralph Drollinger has some scary beliefs - including...

The minister has reportedly claimed that mothers who work while leaving children at home are sinful and that Catholicism is the “world’s largest false religion.” He’s also a climate-change denier and virulently anti-queer.

Last edited:
5980f9061500007d208b49e4.jpeg

President Donald Trump speaks during a cabinet meeting in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, DC on Monday, July 31, 2017.

Bible studies are one of the foundational ways that Christians gather to learn about their faith. As a result, these small groups are a very common aspect of life for many American Christians.

But one particular Bible study group has been gaining notoriety in recent months, primarily because of the powerful people who are attending, and the controversial lessons being taught.

Members of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet ― some of the most powerful people in the United States ― have been gathering at a Bible study on Capitol Hill organized by the Christian pastor Ralph Drollinger, according to The Christian Broadcasting Network.

Drollinger is the president and founder of Capitol Ministries, a conservative Christian group that seeks to “evangelize elected officials and lead them toward maturity in Christ.” The group has planted Biblical ministries in state capitols across the country and holds Bible studies for Senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Since Trump arrived in the White House, Drollinger has also been meeting weekly with members of the White House Cabinet. The sessions have been taking place since at least April.

Capitol Ministries claims that key Trump advisors have sponsored Drollinger’s Bible studies ― people like Vice President Mike Pence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and Department of Energy Secretary Rick Perry. In this context, sponsoring means that they helped Drollinger find a space to hold his Bible study. An outside group seeking to hold a special event in a Congressional building needs to reserve a room through a congressperson’s office.

In an interview with CBN News, Drollinger claims the class he leads for Cabinet members is the “best Bible study that I’ve ever taught in my life.”

“These are godly individuals that God has risen to a position of prominence in our culture,” Drollinger told CBN. “They are so teachable; they’re so noble; they’re so learned.”

Drollinger also suggested that the attendees have found practical ways to apply the lessons taught during these Bible studies.

More: Trump’s Cabinet Is Attending Weekly Bible Studies Led By A Conservative Pastor

I find this troubling on several levels (actually I find it scary as hell) - including that Christianity is the only religion represented. The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. What do you think?

If its voluntary among a bunch of cabinet members who the hell cares?

Call me when they start forcing people to attend.

5980fb4c1500007d208b49ed.jpeg

Ralph Drollinger is a former NBA basketball player and an evangelical Christian. He’s pictured here, circa 1985.

Christian pastor Ralph Drollinger has some scary beliefs - including...

The minister has reportedly claimed that mothers who work while leaving children at home are sinful and that Catholicism is the “world’s largest false religion.” He’s also a climate-change denier and virulently anti-queer.

His NBA career was meh due to injury. He's more known for the UCLA teams he was on, 2 National Championships, and 4 appearances in the Finals game.

Godless Constitution? how so oh keeper of the lie pump? It has the FIRST amendment, Not actually part of the Constitutions articles. The Constitution itself defines the duties and restricts the power of government AND defines who it applies to and how the actions of government will be carried out.

Barry Hussein sat in front of a radical left wing Preacher for 20 years. "God didn't bless America, he f...ked America"... Pastor Jerry Wright. If you want to add Hussein's auto-bio allegedly written by political guru and former terrorist Bill Ayers you have to wonder what "Dreams of My Father" really means when Hussein's father was an alcoholic, bigamist, African nationalist who hated America.

It scares me when religious nuts are running the country. We had that same psycho shit with Boy Bush - and we know what that gave us.

born-again-christian-president-george-w-bush-told-palestinian-ministers-8989236.png

It scares me when religious nuts are running the country. We had that same psycho shit with Boy Bush - and we know what that gave us.

born-again-christian-president-george-w-bush-told-palestinian-ministers-8989236.png

Yeah, you leftists will believe any crap that is against a Republican. You are unbelievably stupid.

Yeah, you leftists will believe any crap that is against a Republican. You are unbelievably stupid.

I don't like religious psychos - regardless of their politics - and I especially don't like them running the country. I suspect Ayatollah Pence has a lot to do with this.

Not much about what is taught at the bible study.
As one poster said, just a couple of bullet points to stir things up.

Gasp! Bible study? Oh the horrors! Nooooo....
It is kinda scary when you consider Jerry Falwell, Mike Huckabee, and Pat Robertson all claimed to be Christians, but never came near the forgiving, and loving teachings of Jesus. That brand of religious hate will hurt the country.

I don't like religious psychos - regardless of their politics - and I especially don't like them running the country. I suspect Ayatollah Pence has a lot to do with this.

Except your meme is based on one mans word against another and the Palestinians are known for not being honest. You stupid leftist whacko.

Forum List

Back