Trump’s Cabinet Is Attending Weekly Bible Studies Led By A Conservative Pastor

5980f9061500007d208b49e4.jpeg

President Donald Trump speaks during a cabinet meeting in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, DC on Monday, July 31, 2017.

Bible studies are one of the foundational ways that Christians gather to learn about their faith. As a result, these small groups are a very common aspect of life for many American Christians.

But one particular Bible study group has been gaining notoriety in recent months, primarily because of the powerful people who are attending, and the controversial lessons being taught.

Members of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet ― some of the most powerful people in the United States ― have been gathering at a Bible study on Capitol Hill organized by the Christian pastor Ralph Drollinger, according to The Christian Broadcasting Network.

Drollinger is the president and founder of Capitol Ministries, a conservative Christian group that seeks to “evangelize elected officials and lead them toward maturity in Christ.” The group has planted Biblical ministries in state capitols across the country and holds Bible studies for Senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Since Trump arrived in the White House, Drollinger has also been meeting weekly with members of the White House Cabinet. The sessions have been taking place since at least April.

Capitol Ministries claims that key Trump advisors have sponsored Drollinger’s Bible studies ― people like Vice President Mike Pence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and Department of Energy Secretary Rick Perry. In this context, sponsoring means that they helped Drollinger find a space to hold his Bible study. An outside group seeking to hold a special event in a Congressional building needs to reserve a room through a congressperson’s office.

In an interview with CBN News, Drollinger claims the class he leads for Cabinet members is the “best Bible study that I’ve ever taught in my life.”

“These are godly individuals that God has risen to a position of prominence in our culture,” Drollinger told CBN. “They are so teachable; they’re so noble; they’re so learned.”

Drollinger also suggested that the attendees have found practical ways to apply the lessons taught during these Bible studies.

More: Trump’s Cabinet Is Attending Weekly Bible Studies Led By A Conservative Pastor

I find this troubling on several levels (actually I find it scary as hell) - including that Christianity is the only religion represented. The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. What do you think?

Also, they are having their so-called "Bible Study" on government property - funded by all taxpayers. Are they attending on work time or personal time? Are they pressuring others to attend?

So what?

This thread is still so amazing. The op is worried and fearful because *gasp* some members of the administration are learning. And not only learning, they are learning how to be decent human beings. The horror!

Conservative Christian ministers are the antithesis of Christians. His attitudes towards Catholics and gays speak of intolerance and bigotry. Conservative Christians more than any other group, believe poverty is the result of sloth and sin. Jesus called the poor "blessed".

The Constitution says you can believe whatever you want but keep it out of government. There are to be no religious tests to serve in government.

The Constitution says no such thing. It says the state cannot favor any religion. So whether it is Baptist, Evangelical, Catholic, Mormon, Shite, Sunni, Buddha, the state cannot promote any one religion.

It doesn't.

I'd much whether they were having a sex orgy and gang screwing party instead.

And I'd prefer that you cared about education.
Wow, a con in favor of education.

I've always been for education. all conservatives are what we oppose is indoctrination.

We want people to learn and think. Not just earning degrees. We understand that just throwing money at problems doesn't fix it and that education needs to be in the hands of the local communities to address their needs besr

I'm sure Trump has rarely been inside a church. Such a hypocrite.

That is why I put no stock in this whole prayer meeting. His actions tell us who he is.

No one has claimed trump attends these meetings, so trumps hypocrisy or lack thereof really has no bearing on the discussion.

The whole issue is a non-issue. Nobody said boo about Carter and he was as religious as there was.
Carter is no hypocrite.

I'm sure Trump has rarely been inside a church. Such a hypocrite.

That is why I put no stock in this whole prayer meeting. His actions tell us who he is.

No one has claimed trump attends these meetings, so trumps hypocrisy or lack thereof really has no bearing on the discussion.

The whole issue is a non-issue. Nobody said boo about Carter and he was as religious as there was.
Carter is no hypocrite.

I disagree, but that is just my opinion. It to me it doesn't make a bit of difference. I don't care if he or any other President had or currently has prayer meetings. It's a non-issue. No laws are being broken.

ROFLMMFAO......YOU'RE such a fucking idiot!
Iran is an Islamic Republic and has nothing to do with
elected officials in the U.S., attending bible studies
AFTER YOU FINISH "LAUGHING"....GO BACK UP AND SEE WHAT ONE OF YOUR FELLOW IDIOTS STATED ABOUT REPUBLICS........and why I responded
the way I did.....You morons are so fucked up, really........LOL
AFTER YOU FINISH "LAUGHING"....GO BACK UP AND SEE WHAT ONE OF YOUR FELLOW IDIOTS STATED ABOUT REPUBLICS........and why I responded
:disbelief:

Oye vay :eusa_doh:

Trust me...it is not necessary :eusa_hand:
to convince me that your a blockhead

Sorry, I have neither the desire,
nor the crayons, to elaborate...

Simply put, You're the reason
this country has to put directions on shampoo!

Best two wacky directions on products:

1. On cans of paint "Not to be taken internally"

2. On hog castration rings "Not for human use"

Lol...when I see a brand of dog food that states,
"New and improved flavor", I think to myself...
huh..are there jobs for dog food taste testers?

The user manual, for my blow dryer states...
# 2. Do not use while bathing or in the shower
# 7. Never use while sleeping
:iagree:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

Congress can be government in general. This is just bullshit that anyone within our government is allowed to do this shit.

Or prohibit the free exercise of religion.

Voluntary bible study falls under free exercise. Government is forbidden to stop it.

Period

Congress can be government in general. This is just bullshit that anyone within our government is allowed to do this shit.
Are you really standing by the idea that it is 'bullshit' that government officials are allowed to attend a bible study group.

Seriously?

Are you really standing by the idea that it is 'bullshit' that government officials are allowed to attend a bible study group.

Seriously?
Would you agree to allow the two Muslim members of congress -along with any Muslim staffers that there may be- to hold prayer meeting in the house chamber?

Seriously?
Would you agree to allow the two Muslim members of congress -along with any Muslim staffers that there may be- to hold prayer meeting in the house chamber?
Yes.

What would make you think that I would say otherwise? As they are Muslims, they must be doing this already. If I am not mistaken, Muslims pray 5 times a day meaning that they would be doing so anywhere they were regularly at.

ROFLMMFAO......YOU'RE such a fucking idiot!
Iran is an Islamic Republic and has nothing to do with
elected officials in the U.S., attending bible studies
:disbelief:

Oye vay :eusa_doh:

Trust me...it is not necessary :eusa_hand:
to convince me that your a blockhead

Sorry, I have neither the desire,
nor the crayons, to elaborate...

Simply put, You're the reason
this country has to put directions on shampoo!

Lol...when I see a brand of dog food that states,
"New and improved flavor", I think to myself...
huh..are there jobs for dog food taste testers?

The user manual, for my blow dryer states...
# 2. Do not use while bathing or in the shower
# 7. Never use while sleeping
:iagree:

Motor oil usually states "Not a food product".

Did someone actually try frying something in motor oil?

5980f9061500007d208b49e4.jpeg

President Donald Trump speaks during a cabinet meeting in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, DC on Monday, July 31, 2017.

Bible studies are one of the foundational ways that Christians gather to learn about their faith. As a result, these small groups are a very common aspect of life for many American Christians.

But one particular Bible study group has been gaining notoriety in recent months, primarily because of the powerful people who are attending, and the controversial lessons being taught.

Members of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet ― some of the most powerful people in the United States ― have been gathering at a Bible study on Capitol Hill organized by the Christian pastor Ralph Drollinger, according to The Christian Broadcasting Network.

Drollinger is the president and founder of Capitol Ministries, a conservative Christian group that seeks to “evangelize elected officials and lead them toward maturity in Christ.” The group has planted Biblical ministries in state capitols across the country and holds Bible studies for Senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Since Trump arrived in the White House, Drollinger has also been meeting weekly with members of the White House Cabinet. The sessions have been taking place since at least April.

Capitol Ministries claims that key Trump advisors have sponsored Drollinger’s Bible studies ― people like Vice President Mike Pence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and Department of Energy Secretary Rick Perry. In this context, sponsoring means that they helped Drollinger find a space to hold his Bible study. An outside group seeking to hold a special event in a Congressional building needs to reserve a room through a congressperson’s office.

In an interview with CBN News, Drollinger claims the class he leads for Cabinet members is the “best Bible study that I’ve ever taught in my life.”

“These are godly individuals that God has risen to a position of prominence in our culture,” Drollinger told CBN. “They are so teachable; they’re so noble; they’re so learned.”

Drollinger also suggested that the attendees have found practical ways to apply the lessons taught during these Bible studies.

More: Trump’s Cabinet Is Attending Weekly Bible Studies Led By A Conservative Pastor

I find this troubling on several levels (actually I find it scary as hell) - including that Christianity is the only religion represented. The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. What do you think?

Also, they are having their so-called "Bible Study" on government property - funded by all taxpayers. Are they attending on work time or personal time? Are they pressuring others to attend?
I've been watching him. So has God. God is happy with this man's growth.
He has a growth? Is it covered with orange spray tan?

Well, before Trump Mitt Romney was "the orange spray tan man". It works for democrats so they will keep using it, even if they have to make it up. Did you think no one would notice that the demwits are recycling old insults?

Seriously?

Yes. What part of free exercise is unclear?

Forum List

Back