Trumps Axios Interview

Can any Trump supporter honestly say they are proud of how Trump answered questions in this interview? He either dodged, spun, or outright lied in almost every statement.

If Trump is doing so well then why can’t he Just honestly address these topics?!

please don’t give your opinion if you haven’t watched the interview. I’m not interested in ignorant talking points.

You're not going to get someone who has sold their soul to this guy to back out now.

He has no shame, they have no shame.

Sad but true... I am so curious about how his supporters feel when they watch an interview like this where he is either clearly lying for political purposes or insanely ignorant to the realities to the situation. I guess don’t expect them to honestly express their feelings on this board but bit maybe there is an honest soul out there willing to share their perspective.

I have a couple friends who were Trump
Supporters ready to vote for him this November that are now disgusted by him by the way he has handled this health crisis.

Yet, i bet they still vote for him. So few will admit they made such a yuge mistake!

Damn right we're voting for Trump again. I saw the entire interview. The interviewer just couldn't get past the democrat talking points. I can give you one example:
The US has so many infected because we test much more than other countries. That is a fact, yet the democrats don't grasp it. Here is the explanation:
1. Other countries do not test until the person enters the hospital with symptoms.
Take India for example, 20m tests and 15,000 tests/1m people, 1.9m cases found.
The US did 61m tests, and 186,000 tests/1m people, 4.9m cases found.
So it is not surprising that in the US we found many more cases (3x) by testing 10x more people per million.
In India there are many more "asymptomatic" or "mildly symptomatic" cases undetected, that would show positive in the US.

2. Trump's handling of the pandemic is totally dependent on citizens mitigating risk. If people party and don't social distance, and have covid parties, then the infection spreads. If people act responsibly, and wear masks, the pandemic can be reduced, see the attached chart. Trump can only lead the horses to water, he can't make them drink.
View attachment 371221

Both of those are blatantly untrue.

Those are BOTH facts. You show me where I'm wrong. (hint: you can't, because they are true)

I addressed both your points and you never responded

You are a liar. Here is how you "addressed" my points:
"Both of those are blatantly untrue." [that is a not a response, that is a lie]

Wrong. The first sentence of my reply was “you make two good points” you can apologize now and then respond to what I wrote you.

I don't see "you make two good points". Look at the "expanded" screen shot after my post:
1596621422459.png

All I see is "Both of those are blatantly untrue". So stop lying. My explanations are correct and you should know it and admit it.
All the democrats have are lies. That's it. No science, no facts, just TDS lies.

The reporter sure as hell showed up ready, but even HE was having trouble keeping up with Trump's endless string of bullshit. Trump just keeps talking.

This simply can't be done in real time. You have to be able to pause and rewind.
Both sides have their separate narratives and talking points, and keep talking past each other.
Even here the democrats just refuse to see the truth when shown.

The US cannot print enough money to support another shutdown.

Yea actually it can. What makes you think it can't?
3. The US death rate is a function of how people comply with the guidance to wear masks, distance, and avoid bars and groups. Don't blame Trump for the BLM protests, crowded beaches and crowded bars.
Trump has been downplaying the seriousness of the virus from the beginning and has been talking down masks from the beginning so...yea...that;s on him.

The US cannot print enough money to support another shutdown.

Yea actually it can. What makes you think it can't?
3. The US death rate is a function of how people comply with the guidance to wear masks, distance, and avoid bars and groups. Don't blame Trump for the BLM protests, crowded beaches and crowded bars.
Trump has been downplaying the seriousness of the virus from the beginning and has been talking down masks from the beginning so...yea...that;s on him.
I see your point, and agree Trump was more optimistic than he should have been. Hindsight is 20-20.
I saw early "science" that said the virus couldn't survive over 77F, bullshit. That was a lie, there was no summer abatement. Trump wants the economy to recover from the shutdown, that is a good goal. The slower we get back to normal the more businesses go bankrupt, and unemployed families suffer. Just please remember that its not just the virus victims, its also the economy, a delicate balance Trump needs to strike to save both patients.

Internet commentary sources seem universally able to concede that the Axios interview of Impeached Donald John Trump was even possibly a dementia-related disaster. A "Scatterbrained" word even appears, already. Math works universally, and even worldwide, for example. More testing finding more cases not about more testing, but about the more dangerous, "Community Spread." In California--thanks to Democrats, and supporting Biden--more testing is finding less Community Spread barely underway. Trumped-Up Administration supporters got their look at the cognitive test that Trump-Up, Scatterbrained, Impeached Donald John Trump didn't pass.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(In the prayers, there is a lot of failure--even prayed for: Matt 25: 14-30! GOP Platform, dubbed, "Make America 2016 Again:" Itself cast four full years into "Outer Darkness!")

The reporter sure as hell showed up ready, but even HE was having trouble keeping up with Trump's endless string of bullshit. Trump just keeps talking.

This simply can't be done in real time. You have to be able to pause and rewind.
Both sides have their separate narratives and talking points, and keep talking past each other.
They weren’t “talking past each other” so much as the interviewer asked a question and Trump answered a different one.

Internet commentary sources seem universally able to concede that the Axios interview of Impeached Donald John Trump was even possibly a dementia-related disaster. A "Scatterbrained" word even appears, already. Math works universally, and even worldwide, for example. More testing finding more cases not about more testing, but about the more dangerous, "Community Spread." In California--thanks to Democrats, and supporting Biden--more testing is finding less Community Spread barely underway. Trumped-Up Administration supporters got their look at the cognitive test that Trump-Up, Scatterbrained, Impeached Donald John Trump didn't pass.

(In the prayers, there is a lot of failure--even prayed for: Matt 25: 14-30! GOP Platform, dubbed, "Make America 2016 Again:" Itself cast four full years into "Outer Darkness!")
What country are you from? Why do you keep trying to comment on US politics? Your comments make no sense in English?!

They weren’t “talking past each other” so much as the interviewer asked a question and Trump answered a different one.
That's not the interview I saw.
The interviewer refused to accept the real answer. He wanted the democrat's talking point to prevail. Trump did just fine.
See my posts #13 and #54 for detailed explanations.

Per post #13, Then Swedish poster, kyzr(?): Has zero capability to comment on events in the USA, especially with zero comprehension of English(?)! The poster is apparently only able to comment on Sweden--from there--so per the post, unable to comment on USA.

The kyzr failure of a simple cognitive test is shown in post 89, with basis capability of only re-posting the one post from mascale. Then back to, "Make America 2016 Again:" Trumped-Up supporters mainly have dropped the entire four years of the recent administration into "Outer Darkness," per their prayers.

Mascale, comparing: Posted about California, USA. Kyzr poster claims no ability to comprehend the language, not the kyzr poster Swedish language.

Last edited:
Can any Trump supporter honestly say they are proud of how Trump answered questions in this interview? He either dodged, spun, or outright lied in almost every statement.

If Trump is doing so well then why can’t he Just honestly address these topics?!

please don’t give your opinion if you haven’t watched the interview. I’m not interested in ignorant talking points.

You're not going to get someone who has sold their soul to this guy to back out now.

Sad but true... I am so curious about how his supporters feel when they watch an interview like this where he is either clearly lying for political purposes or insanely ignorant to the realities to the situation. I guess don’t expect them to honestly express their feelings on this board but bit maybe there is an honest soul out there willing to share their perspective.

Supporters ready to vote for him this November that are now disgusted by him by the way he has handled this health crisis.

Yet, i bet they still vote for him. So few will admit they made such a yuge mistake!

Damn right we're voting for Trump again. I saw the entire interview. The interviewer just couldn't get past the democrat talking points. I can give you one example:
The US has so many infected because we test much more than other countries. That is a fact, yet the democrats don't grasp it. Here is the explanation:
1. Other countries do not test until the person enters the hospital with symptoms.
So it is not surprising that in the US we found many more cases (3x) by testing 10x more people per million.
In India there are many more "asymptomatic" or "mildly symptomatic" cases undetected, that would show positive in the US.

2. Trump's handling of the pandemic is totally dependent on citizens mitigating risk. If people party and don't social distance, and have covid parties, then the infection spreads. If people act responsibly, and wear masks, the pandemic can be reduced, see the attached chart. Trump can only lead the horses to water, he can't make them drink.
View attachment 371221
You actually make two good points, I'm glad you chimed in. More testing is going to Statistically show more cases that is true. It it also gives opportunity to slow the spread as identifying cases leads to quarantine, early treatment and contact tracing which ultimately leads to less cases over time. The interviewer, who is very middle of the road and spends a lot of time on Fox, was asking about the death rate in relation to population with really is a more relevant stat. Trump, first failed to explain how we are "over testing" by referencing some unnamed books and manuals, and then he said the only death stats that we can look at are deaths per cases... This makes no sense. Be honest... It really makes no sense.

2. I totally agree about mitigating risk and this is where I think Trump has made his biggest misstep of leadership. He isn't leading horses to water, he is leading them to slaughter. He has been downplaying this virus from the beginning. Instead of being honest about the seriousness of the situation he has tried to dismiss it and score political points. He hasn't promoted masks or social distancing. He has held the largest group event since the shutdown with the Tulsa rally and then Tulsa spiked in cases a few weeks later. Thats crazy. It took him 3 months to finally say people should wear a mask. He had a few measured and read statements about and then when right back to his "Open it all up" attitude. That is just crazy and irresponsible. Do you not see it? Did you not see how he spun and lied through out that entire interview?

1. I watch FXN all day and don't recall ever seeing the Brit interviewer. He's from Axios. The death rate needs to be adjusted over time for many factors. First Cuomo sent covid patients to nursing homes and killed off about 35,000. So we need to adjust for that. Then we are getting much better treatments now, convalescent plasma, Remdesavire, etc. So I agree with Trump that looking at the death reduction over time is critical going forward. The doctors are getting much better at treatments. So looking at old death rates is meaningless. I also prefer deaths/cases/month to see the true trend. Be honest, that makes sense for trending curves.

2. We disagree. Trump has multiple responsibilities, he needs to address COVID-19 and keep the US economy up and running. I agree with Trump. He is doing a much better job with the pandemic and the economy than Biden could do, and you know it. Biden can't find his ass with both hands.

you actually did respond to my reply and I was the on that missed it. My bad.

1. Dana Parino is a big fan of swan so he appears on her show often and he is a regular on Soecial report with Bret Bair.
You didn’t address my point about death rate per population. That is really the most relevant stat to see how the virus has effected a country. The stat the Trump tours is deaths per cases which is dependent on the number of tests/cases identified. Since we test more than most countries then of course that number is going to be low. You see that right?

2. how can you think Trump is guiding the public in a responsible way? You admit that the virus is spread by people gathering and not social distancing. We see example after example of Trump promoting this type of behavior and belittling the recommended guidelines of cautionary actions that his own task force is coming out with.

The interviewer refused to accept the real answer. He wanted the democrat's talking point to prevail. Trump did just fine.

I don't see these as "real answers", I see them as excuses.

1. Saying we only have more cases because we test more? That's a rational consideration, sometimes we do only show a rise in cases because testing is more widespread. This is thought to be the primary underlying factor of the increase in cases of autism, for example. However, you can't just say that's the reason cases are going up unless you do the work to determine if that's true or not. And when people do the work, to determine if cases are truly rising or if we are just identifying more cases, the answer is that cases are indeed going up.

So Trump's answer isn't a real answer, it's wishful thinking.

2. I think the interviewer makes a good point in asking why he was having rallies with thousands and thousands of people in the arena. Trump says Tulsa didn't really have any cases, which isn't necessarily true. Add to that Trump's support for protests against restrictions, not wanting to wear a mask until very recently, and I think it's a valid criticism that people aren't doing the necessary social distancing and that he's not providing a good example.

please post a biden interview so we can see how it's done properly then.

thank you.

Swan took him down like a rock.
Exposed his idiocy.
Those charts Trump had looked like a 3rd grader trying to learn PowerPoint.
Funny as hell.

View attachment 371221
You actually make two good points, I'm glad you chimed in. More testing is going to Statistically show more cases that is true. It it also gives opportunity to slow the spread as identifying cases leads to quarantine, early treatment and contact tracing which ultimately leads to less cases over time. The interviewer, who is very middle of the road and spends a lot of time on Fox, was asking about the death rate in relation to population with really is a more relevant stat. Trump, first failed to explain how we are "over testing" by referencing some unnamed books and manuals, and then he said the only death stats that we can look at are deaths per cases... This makes no sense. Be honest... It really makes no sense.

2. I totally agree about mitigating risk and this is where I think Trump has made his biggest misstep of leadership. He isn't leading horses to water, he is leading them to slaughter. He has been downplaying this virus from the beginning. Instead of being honest about the seriousness of the situation he has tried to dismiss it and score political points. He hasn't promoted masks or social distancing. He has held the largest group event since the shutdown with the Tulsa rally and then Tulsa spiked in cases a few weeks later. Thats crazy. It took him 3 months to finally say people should wear a mask. He had a few measured and read statements about and then when right back to his "Open it all up" attitude. That is just crazy and irresponsible. Do you not see it? Did you not see how he spun and lied through out that entire interview?

1. I watch FXN all day and don't recall ever seeing the Brit interviewer. He's from Axios. The death rate needs to be adjusted over time for many factors. First Cuomo sent covid patients to nursing homes and killed off about 35,000. So we need to adjust for that. Then we are getting much better treatments now, convalescent plasma, Remdesavire, etc. So I agree with Trump that looking at the death reduction over time is critical going forward. The doctors are getting much better at treatments. So looking at old death rates is meaningless. I also prefer deaths/cases/month to see the true trend. Be honest, that makes sense for trending curves.

2. We disagree. Trump has multiple responsibilities, he needs to address COVID-19 and keep the US economy up and running. I agree with Trump. He is doing a much better job with the pandemic and the economy than Biden could do, and you know it. Biden can't find his ass with both hands.

1. Dana Parino is a big fan of swan so he appears on her show often and he is a regular on Special report with Bret Bair.
You didn’t address my point about death rate per population. That is really the most relevant stat to see how the virus has effected a country. The stat the Trump tours is deaths per cases which is dependent on the number of tests/cases identified. Since we test more than most countries then of course that number is going to be low. You see that right?

2. how can you think Trump is guiding the public in a responsible way? You admit that the virus is spread by people gathering and not social distancing. We see example after example of Trump promoting this type of behavior and belittling the recommended guidelines of cautionary actions that his own task force is coming out with.

1. Apology accepted, thanks. I miss stuff on occasion too. I like that you debate ideas and facts instead of slinging crap in a TDS food fight. This response is copied from my post #15. So the answer is, it depends if you want better numbers or worse numbers. I made a good living proving answers mathematically that the bosses want.
"The death rate needs to be adjusted over time for many factors. First Cuomo sent covid patients to nursing homes and killed off about 35,000. So we need to adjust for that. Then we are getting much better treatments now, convalescent plasma, Remdesavire, etc. So I agree with Trump that looking at the death reduction over time is critical going forward. The doctors are getting much better at treatments. So looking at old death rates is meaningless. I also prefer deaths/cases/month to see the true trend. Be honest, that makes sense for trending curves."
So look at each case:
a. Deaths per population:
The downside of this is that it doesn't capture trends, it is a much slower moving number. For example, when NY & NJ killed off their nursing home population, those "preventable" deaths stay in the number of "dead/population". Making the ratio look worse than it is. Not a good tool for tracking progress vs the virus.

b. Deaths per cases:
Its important to plot deaths/cases/month to show trends. Are we gaining or is the virus gaining? Look at the high deaths in NY & NJ at the start. Those deaths are "outliers" today. The stat that is most important is "are we winning or is the virus winning?"
I agree that using "deaths/cases/month" is a much more current statistic for how the nation is doing vs the pandemic. As treatments improve, death rates drop. Convalescent plasma and Remdesivir are game changers, as even more effective therapies are approved, the deaths/case will continue to drop. Agree that more testing means more cases and a lower ratio. But the "deaths/cases" ratio on a "per month" basis is the most accurate way to capture how we are doing vs the virus over time.

2. Trump always advises people to mitigate. He also needs the economy to reopen. Its a tough job when people keep partying. When the population "complies" we will beat COVID-19. Until then its not Trump's fault. It's China's fault.

Trump has the left so scared that they are willing to vote for a feeble minded Alzheimer's patient who literally does not know where he is at any given moment. A man so dull he forgets what he said in the middle of a sentence. Joe Biden needs to be in a memory ward before he wanders off a bridge!

But, but, but. Orange man bad.......

:rofl:

I don't see these as "real answers", I see them as excuses.

1. Saying we only have more cases because we test more? That's a rational consideration, sometimes we do only show a rise in cases because testing is more widespread. This is thought to be the primary underlying factor of the increase in cases of autism, for example. However, you can't just say that's the reason cases are going up unless you do the work to determine if that's true or not. And when people do the work, to determine if cases are truly rising or if we are just identifying more cases, the answer is that cases are indeed going up.

So Trump's answer isn't a real answer, it's wishful thinking.

2. I think the interviewer makes a good point in asking why he was having rallies with thousands and thousands of people in the arena. Trump says Tulsa didn't really have any cases, which isn't necessarily true. Add to that Trump's support for protests against restrictions, not wanting to wear a mask until very recently, and I think it's a valid criticism that people aren't doing the necessary social distancing and that he's not providing a good example.
Thx for the thoughtful reply.
1. I don't want to get into the weeds of "asymptomatic" vs symptomatic, vs hospitalized. Most other countries don't test until the patients go to the hospital. So their numbers are artificially low. Even in the US, how many people with mild cases just blow it off as "allergies" or a "cold" without testing? So the "number of cases" is a very squishy number. I'll direct you to the "scorekeeper" for the number of cases. Johns Hopkins. Lets hope it keeps dropping.
1596646486646.png

2. I agree that the Tulsa rally was a bad idea, and rallies in general are not good. Trump is in an election and likes rallies. Trump gets it now, he cancelled the convention. Trump supporters just want to get back to work, and back to normal. I think Trump's messaging of "mitigate but get back to work" is being misinterpreted. He's trying to do two things at once. Save lives, and save the US economy. I agree that he leans more toward the economy than mitigation, so the criticism is valid.

Last edited:

View attachment 371221

1. Dana Parino is a big fan of swan so he appears on her show often and he is a regular on Special report with Bret Bair.

1. Apology accepted, thanks. I miss stuff on occasion too. I like that you debate ideas and facts instead of slinging crap in a TDS food fight. This response is copied from my post #15. So the answer is, it depends if you want better numbers or worse numbers. I made a good living proving answers mathematically that the bosses want.
"The death rate needs to be adjusted over time for many factors. First Cuomo sent covid patients to nursing homes and killed off about 35,000. So we need to adjust for that. Then we are getting much better treatments now, convalescent plasma, Remdesavire, etc. So I agree with Trump that looking at the death reduction over time is critical going forward. The doctors are getting much better at treatments. So looking at old death rates is meaningless. I also prefer deaths/cases/month to see the true trend. Be honest, that makes sense for trending curves."
So look at each case:
a. Deaths per population:
The downside of this is that it doesn't capture trends, it is a much slower moving number. For example, when NY & NJ killed off their nursing home population, those "preventable" deaths stay in the number of "dead/population". Making the ratio look worse than it is. Not a good tool for tracking progress vs the virus.

b. Deaths per cases:
Its important to plot deaths/cases/month to show trends. Are we gaining or is the virus gaining? Look at the high deaths in NY & NJ at the start. Those deaths are "outliers" today. The stat that is most important is "are we winning or is the virus winning?"
I agree that using "deaths/cases/month" is a much more current statistic for how the nation is doing vs the pandemic. As treatments improve, death rates drop. Convalescent plasma and Remdesivir are game changers, as even more effective therapies are approved, the deaths/case will continue to drop. Agree that more testing means more cases and a lower ratio. But the "deaths/cases" ratio on a "per month" basis is the most accurate way to capture how we are doing vs the virus over time.

2. Trump always advises people to mitigate. He also needs the economy to reopen. Its a tough job when people keep partying. When the population "complies" we will beat COVID-19. Until then its not Trump's fault. It's China's fault.

I'm an engineer so I lean into the analytical and not the puff puff opinion stuff. So I always appreciate a substantive debate.

1. I understand what you are saying about the death/case stats. They are important when tracking trends within a country and working to mitigate the spread. The problem is, Trump is using those stats to brag about how great we are compared to other countries. Once you go there you aren't comparing like items. The only way to properly compare the effects of the virus in our country vs other countries is to look at deaths vs population and in that stat we are failing. The NY NJ nursing home accusation is a much larger debate which I would challenge your premise but lets not go there right now.

2. I get that Trump wants the economy to open, but when can you point to him encouraging people to take this seriously and commit to safe practices. Go back as far as you want, to the beginning of the shut down... People needed and still need to take this thing seriously and Trump has been downplaying it the whole time and literally encouraging the types of behavior that lead to more spread. You said "leading a horse to water" What exactly has Trump done to lead the horses to water and encourage the type of behavior that slows the spread? Can you point to some examples?

Trump has the left so scared that they are willing to vote for a feeble minded Alzheimer's patient who literally does not know where he is at any given moment. A man so dull he forgets what he said in the middle of a sentence. Joe Biden needs to be in a memory ward before he wanders off a bridge!

But, but, but. Orange man bad.......

:rofl:
Its ironic that you point to the dems as being scared and then proceed to use the mindless attack over Bidens mental health. A petty and worthless tactic that is used every election that involves a senior citizen. It shows your own fear and inability to critic Biden on anything of substance. Remember when Clinton was on her death bed?? What happened there? I'll tell you, y'all were and still are full of shit

Forum List

Back