Trump Would Get Brittney Griner Out

A political prisoner? No she's a convicted drug runner. Piss on her.
While I agree to piss on her, the truth is "she" is being used as a pawn for political purposes. But, the bitch gets what she deserves when disrespecting our national anthem and encouraging others to do so and then going to Russia, of all places, to pad her wallet while probably standing during their national anthem.

President Trump would see it as a good publicity move, and convince Uncle Pooty that it would help his public image as well.

The Donald would divorce the matter from geopolitical considerations- which is what that stupidass Brandon is doing. Biden painted himself in the corner, and will probably release the Merchant of Death in exchange, instead of taking the Trump approach to consider this issue separately.
Russia isn't even interested in a fair deal. They have no incentive for making a fair deal. They expect that what we have offered so far is only the beginning. A black dike in jail for just THC possession is worth one hell of a lot of money.

WHY would Trump WANT to get her out???

She's an Anti-American Commie!!
He would do it to score political points, just as he helped Kim K with her person being pardoned and doing criminal justice reform. He also helped bring home, I think it was basketball related, when China arrested a black person for shop lifting. Blacks would love Trump. Gays would love Trump.

The US has three basic choices regarding Griner:

1. make a totally unfair swap for her which would include the already discussed and some sort of pullback or concession from us regarding Ukraine, Finland, Sweden, and worldwide sanctions

2. let her rot in jail and hope it only lasts 9 years, even though it could wind up being longer as she is basically a political prisoner

3. elect Trump in 2024, who can stroke Putin's ego and get her released, all to spite the left for being so weak and score brownie points for himself

So, what is your choice?
It's likely that Trump would have never caused the escalation of hostilities with Russia in the first place.

Even though Trump is a deranged narcissist, he's always been the better choice on US foreign policy concerning Russia and even China.

While I agree that Westerns have an arrogant habit of thinking laws in other countries don't apply to us, a nine year sentence over marijuana is ridiculous. I certainly believe there are political elements involved here. A competent state department would be able to come to a reasonable solution
A competent state department? Well, that eliminates the Bidung admin.

It is to Biden and the democrats. I look for that deal to happen before November, unless Putin ups his demands to include something else that is politically unpalatable.
They've already done that, although they didn't mention specifics. Russia doesn't like the US right now. We are fighting a proxy war against them and have applied world wide sanctions. If we want her to be released we are going to have to pony up and pay a real price, much, much higher than fair. The US has already offered an unfair deal and Putin wants a lot, lot, more than just unfair.

It's symbolic in that America is beholding to paying attention and setting aside the arrogance. Not just with Russia but with China at the same time.

I bet he would not bother.....At least with the piss poor deal the dems have cooked-up.

It's a simple thing really.....Is a international arms dealer worth trading for a basketball player that expressed un-American sentiments.....I think not.

President Trump would have framed the question a lot differently.

Putin and Biden looking to release the Merchant of Death, that wouldn't have even been discussed in this context with Trump in charge. Trump would have made Putin realize the good publicity he would receive by releasing Griner. But Biden really couldn't do that- his demonization of Uncle Pootie would make a public relations event with the two men look stupid.

Remember Obama and Xiden let an American get tortured in NK, it took Trump winning to get him home, but sadly by then he was tortured so much, he died.

Trump would certainly get this woman home, even with her gross hatred for America, he still would have gotten her home. I think Xiden is coming from a position of weakness; clearly, and Putin knows that, he also remembers how he let that poor UVa student get tortured, so his is desperate.....giving up the Merchant of Death, is likely he's only choice, Putin has him in a corner, and owns him.

Don't elect weak leaders like Xiden

The US has three basic choices regarding Griner:

1. make a totally unfair swap for her which would include the already discussed and some sort of pullback or concession from us regarding Ukraine, Finland, Sweden, and worldwide sanctions

2. let her rot in jail and hope it only lasts 9 years, even though it could wind up being longer as she is basically a political prisoner

3. elect Trump in 2024, who can stroke Putin's ego and get her released, all to spite the left for being so weak and score brownie points for himself

So, what is your choice?

President Trump would have framed the question a lot differently.

Putin and Biden looking to release the Merchant of Death, that wouldn't have even been discussed in this context with Trump in charge. Trump would have made Putin realize the good publicity he would receive by releasing Griner. But Biden really couldn't do that- his demonization of Uncle Pootie would make a public relations event with the two men look stupid.
You're not taking into account that the current US war against Russia would have never been started under a Trump regime.

Now the Trump supporters have to convince the warmongering population that the war was wrongheaded and it calls for a withdrawal. For America that would be next to impossible even for Trump now that America can't ever accept a loss to Russia.
As Russia of course is not going to accept a loss.

Any bright ideas on how Trump could defuse this war?

You mean like Obama let Putin into Crimea and Biden let Putin into Ukraine?
Oh, I'm sorry. I did not know you've been in a coma until recently.

Biden and NATO have kicked Putin in the nuts on a daily basis and prevented Putin from taking Ukraine. They totally wrecked Vlad's plans to take Kiev in a matter of days.

If Trump was President, he'd be building Trump Tower Moscow right now and celebrating Putin's advance into Kiev.

trump-stupid.jpg

Remember Obama and Xiden let an American get tortured in NK, it took Trump winning to get him home, but sadly by then he was tortured so much, he died.
That's what is known as a failure by Trump. A dead body in exchange for concessions that must be kept confidential.
Trump would certainly get this woman home, even with her gross hatred for America, he still would have gotten her home. I think Xiden is coming from a position of weakness; clearly, and Putin knows that, he also remembers how he let that poor UVa student get tortured, so his is desperate.....giving up the Merchant of Death, is likely he's only choice, Putin has him in a corner, and owns him.

Don't elect weak leaders like Xiden
There's no indication that Trump would agree to concessions i exchange for a black woman who is guilty. And Americans would support Trump's decision to throw her to the wolves.

Several Trump supporters have already proclaimed that as a popular position here on this board.

Having a guilty druggie released is against Trump's grain. just ask some of the rightist extremists!

Oh, I'm sorry. I did not know you've been in a coma until recently.

Biden and NATO have kicked Putin in the nuts on a daily basis and prevented Putin from taking Ukraine. They totally wrecked Vlad's plans to take Kiev in a matter of days.

If Trump was President, he'd be building Trump Tower Moscow right now and celebrating Putin's advance into Kiev.

trump-stupid.jpg

Why didn't Putin invade Ukraine during the Trump Administration?

Mainly due to the fact that he knew Trump would never stand for it, and he valued good US-Russia relations.

And yes, development of Russia was part of it as well.

As soon as Sleepy Joe and the Democrat Party- who spent 4 years demonizing Russia- got in, Pootie was forced to make a move.

That's what is known as a failure by Trump. A dead body in exchange for concessions that must be kept confidential.

There's no indication that Trump would agree to concessions i exchange for a black woman who is guilty. And Americans would support Trump's decision to throw her to the wolves.

Several Trump supporters have already proclaimed that as a popular position here on this board.

Having a guilty druggie released is against Trump's grain. just ask some of the rightist extremists!
1) he was alive, he died here later. Obviously, we didn't know the extent of the torture that happened while Xiden and Obama did nothing
2) of course there is, he got lots of Americans home during his term
3/4) certainly exchanging her for such a person as the Merchant of Death, outright, would be a bad deal, and Trump, nor should anyone, support that. She did commit the crime, and many on the left felt that the UVa student deserved his faint because he took a sign...or at least claimed that, because their cult leaders did nothing

Forum List

Back