Trump Would Get Brittney Griner Out

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
The US has three basic choices regarding Griner:

1. make a totally unfair swap for her which would include the already discussed and some sort of pullback or concession from us regarding Ukraine, Finland, Sweden, and worldwide sanctions

2. let her rot in jail and hope it only lasts 9 years, even though it could wind up being longer as she is basically a political prisoner

3. elect Trump in 2024, who can stroke Putin's ego and get her released, all to spite the left for being so weak and score brownie points for himself

So, what is your choice?

1. make a totally unfair swap for her which would include the already discussed and some sort of pullback or concession from us regarding Ukraine, Finland, Sweden, and worldwide sanctions

2. let her rot in jail and hope it only lasts 9 years, even though it could wind up being longer as she is basically a political prisoner

3. elect Trump in 2024, who can stroke Putin's ego and get her released, all to spite the left for being so weak and score brownie points for himself

So, what is your choice?
2. But she isn’t a political prisoner. She was busted before the whole Ukraine thing went down. Only now after the fact are Leftist pleading that she’s a political prisoner; when in fact what they really want to plead is, “but, she’s black, and a dike”!

she broke the law.

SHe doesnt deserve a free pass.

While I agree that Westerns have an arrogant habit of thinking laws in other countries don't apply to us, a nine year sentence over marijuana is ridiculous. I certainly believe there are political elements involved here. A competent state department would be able to come to a reasonable solution

2. But she isn’t a political prisoner. She was busted before the whole Ukraine thing went down. Only now after the fact are Leftist pleading that she’s a political prisoner; when in fact what they really want to plead is, “but, she’s black, and a dike”!
How dare them damn Ruskies for putting a black dike in jail nine years for such a small offense. That's something you'd expect out of a Communist country. Oh, wait a minute. Forget it.

While I agree that Westerns have an arrogant habit of thinking laws in other countries don't apply to us, a nine year sentence over marijuana is ridiculous. I certainly believe there are political elements involved here. A competent state department would be able to come to a reasonable solution
a nine year sentence over marijuana is ridiculous

here, yes
A competent state department would be able to come to a reasonable solution

she'd die of old age before we got one of those

President Trump would see it as a good publicity move, and convince Uncle Pooty that it would help his public image as well.

The Donald would divorce the matter from geopolitical considerations- which is what that stupidass Brandon is doing. Biden painted himself in the corner, and will probably release the Merchant of Death in exchange, instead of taking the Trump approach to consider this issue separately.

How dare them damn Ruskies for putting a black dike in jail nine years for such a small offense. That's something you'd expect out of a Communist country. Oh, wait a minute. Forget it.
It just doesn’t compute for the American Left. They are used to our corrupt criminal justice system letting reprobates walk on charges if they have enough victimhood points. Juicy Smoullett anyone? Then these same dumbasses go abroad and get busted only to wonder why their victim card doesn’t work…

So, what is your choice?

Trump already said he wouldn't get her out.

So, what is your choice?

Inexplicably, Trump has always been a good friend to black people, even though, with few exceptions, they never respected him. Joe Biden, on the other hand, is a vile racist who calls them roaches, says they live in the jungle, and tells them they're not black if they don't support him.

Well, that's not true. We are leading a proxy war against Russia. We're not on their Christmas card list anymore. I believe my option one was fairly accurate. You can't expect Russia to make any fair trade for Griner, therefore, a "competent" state department could not get her back without giving the store away, in which case I would not refer to them as being competent.

As has been pointed out, you can buy drugs on just about every dark street corner in Moscow.
She is being leveraged to swap for higher value Russian assets that have been incarcerated.

So, what is your choice?
Trump would get Griner out of Moscow, but he would have let Putin into Kiev.

trump-stupid-2.jpg

So, what is your choice?
A political prisoner? No she's a convicted drug runner. Piss on her.

It's a simple thing really.....Is a international arms dealer worth trading for a un-American basketball player.....I think not.

It is to Biden and the democrats. I look for that deal to happen before November, unless Putin ups his demands to include something else that is politically unpalatable.

Forum List

Back