Trump warns impeachment will crash the market and make everyone 'very poor'—here's what experts say

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'The U.S. stock market has generally been doing well under President Donald Trump, but the President warned TV audiences on Thursday morning that that would change were he to have to leave office. "If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash. I think everybody would be very poor," he told Fox & Friends.

Experts are skeptical. "It's a ridiculous remark — the kind of thing a Latin American dictator or a Middle Eastern strongman would say to keep supporters in line," Josh Brown, CEO of Ritholtz Wealth Management, tells CNBC Make It.

Brown, a CNBC contributor, points out, "President Pence will be just as friendly to corporations and just as supportive of low taxes, as would any other Republican." So there's little reason to lose sleep over your investments.

In fact, political events have far less sway over the markets than economic factors, Joseph Davis, Vanguard's global chief economist, tells CNBC Make It. "The history of the stock market shows the more meaningful events for investors and for market influences over a six-month basis or annual basis are economic fundamentals, such as corporate earnings and changes in Fed policy," Davis says.

To be sure, change can cause market disruption because it increases the "ambiguity premium," Kent Smetters, Wharton professor of business economics and public policy, tells CNBC Make It. "But something like an impeachment probability gets priced in early since it is a long, drawn-out process. So whether markets like it or not, it won't likely lead to a sudden change," Smetters says.'

Trump warns impeachment will crash the market and make everyone 'very poor'—here's what experts say

What a completely and TOTALLY moronic thing for Trump to say. No one with a properly working brain with any experience in macroeconomics AT ALL knows this.
Everyone will go poor if this man-child gets the boot?
What a total buffoon this guy is.
He talks like a 10 year old.

Trump is more than narcissistic.

He is growingly ever more dangerous as President.

Pence must be thinking of the inevitable AXXV removal process in the near future.

'The U.S. stock market has generally been doing well under President Donald Trump, but the President warned TV audiences on Thursday morning that that would change were he to have to leave office. "If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash. I think everybody would be very poor," he told Fox & Friends.

Experts are skeptical. "It's a ridiculous remark — the kind of thing a Latin American dictator or a Middle Eastern strongman would say to keep supporters in line," Josh Brown, CEO of Ritholtz Wealth Management, tells CNBC Make It.

Brown, a CNBC contributor, points out, "President Pence will be just as friendly to corporations and just as supportive of low taxes, as would any other Republican." So there's little reason to lose sleep over your investments.

In fact, political events have far less sway over the markets than economic factors, Joseph Davis, Vanguard's global chief economist, tells CNBC Make It. "The history of the stock market shows the more meaningful events for investors and for market influences over a six-month basis or annual basis are economic fundamentals, such as corporate earnings and changes in Fed policy," Davis says.

To be sure, change can cause market disruption because it increases the "ambiguity premium," Kent Smetters, Wharton professor of business economics and public policy, tells CNBC Make It. "But something like an impeachment probability gets priced in early since it is a long, drawn-out process. So whether markets like it or not, it won't likely lead to a sudden change," Smetters says.'

What a completely and TOTALLY moronic thing for Trump to say. No one with a properly working brain with any experience in macroeconomics AT ALL knows this.
/-----/ The same experts who said the market and economy would crash if Trump was elected?
Trump_Train.jpg

Oh come on! Here's what "experts" say?! FFS, everyone knows what will happen to the markets, let alone the country if they try to impeach Trump. The markets would be the least of our worries.

• Banned

Pence must be thinking of the inevitable AXXV removal process in the near future.

Did you hear his Fox interview? He sounds like he is REALLY losing it. The man is talking like a child. Jumping from one topic to another...blaming EVERYONE else for all his problems.
The man would not know intelligence and honor if they fell on his head.

The 36 most outrageous lines in Donald Trump's Fox News interview - CNNPolitics

Our amazing Pres. Trump is the best president that America has had in decades. ....
lR6DtsoniWnqWD2guOcFsVkww4o3e6WDrBV01qFxEJMIh9-asn2IS_yHf5S1AoFIBP59DTtMd3lxR4rStY69KZKIZWY5TqU8JtXU=s0-d-e1-ft

He is a great leader and knows what is best for the country.

We are truly a blessed nation to have him in the White House. .... :cool:

Did you hear his Fox interview? He sounds like he is REALLY losing it. The man is talking like a child. Jumping from one topic to another...blaming EVERYONE else for all his problems.
The man would not know intelligence and honor if they fell on his head.

The 36 most outrageous lines in Donald Trump's Fox News interview - CNNPolitics
Experts say reading or even just linking CNN has a corrosive effect on the users grasp of reality and ultimately, their sanity.

I think that is probably the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. I guess Trump thinks that because he's sitting in the Oval office, that is why the economy is doing so good, and if he gets impeached, the markets are all of the sudden gonna miss him and crash on their own?

Dumbest statement he's made so far.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...e_to_liberals_of_ignorance_and_stupidity.html

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." So said Martin Luther King, Jr. The danger lies, in part, in the fact that these characteristics are both intellectual and moral defects, which render the possessor of these flaws vulnerable to manipulation by those who use the illusion of morality to accomplish utterly immoral ends. Never in our lifetimes have these two flaws been more proudly demonstrated and celebrated than now, in reaction to the presidency of Donald Trump. Because of his effect, the incoherent emotionalism of the left, coupled with leftists' carefully taught inability to think rationally or critically, has been revealed to us on a disturbingly grand scale. The extent had been largely hidden from us for decades as liberals and progressives felt safe and thus had no need to openly fight for the overthrow that was coming incrementally, without violent conflict.

Now, as their sacred cows are being corralled and butchered by the one man they didn't think existed, a non-politician who is an apostate from their political gutter faith, leftists have had to reveal themselves, showing us their innermost selves as they angrily fight all that this country has been and may still be under years of liberal garbage and neglect. As unsettling as the reveal has been, it is an unexpected gift that we ignore at peril of our lives and those of our children. For now, they seek to persuade the non-believers with their words and fake morality. Eventually, however, the unshakable will have to be dealt with more severely, once the cries and tears are exhausted and the lies laid bare....

I guess Trump thinks that because he's sitting in the Oval office, that is why the economy is doing so good, and if he gets impeached, the markets are all of the sudden gonna miss him and crash on their own?
Pres, Trump is 100% correct.

His policies have emboldened investors and caused the market's to soar.

With out him investor confidence will evaporate, and the market's will collapse over fears the Democrat's with their anti-business policies will take control of the government. ... :cool:

What does one do in canada?

I guess Trump thinks that because he's sitting in the Oval office, that is why the economy is doing so good, and if he gets impeached, the markets are all of the sudden gonna miss him and crash on their own?
Pres, Trump is 100% correct.

His policies have emboldened investors and caused the market's to soar.

With out him investor confidence will evaporate, and the market's will collapse over fears the Democrat's with their anti-business policies will take control of the government. ... :cool:

You might wanna go back to high school civics class and take a refresher. If Trump is removed, it's going to be Pence who becomes president, not some Democrat. And, Pence is more than likely gonna pick another Republican as his VP.

If I were Republican

I would sell all my assets and invest in Trump properties

Oh come on! Here's what "experts" say?! FFS, everyone knows what will happen to the markets, let alone the country if they try to impeach Trump. The markets would be the least of our worries.
"Our" worries? You live a work days drive from Russia. Hell, with your comrades help driving you can be in the Moscow Propaganda Ministry in less than a day.

Forum List

Back