Trump to Suspend Payroll Taxes Till End of Year

LOL. Is he for real? Does he honestly believe people are going to fall for this ruse? This will NEVER get through Congress. Even if he were to get another Republican majority in the House it will never pass. How will Social Security and Medicare be funded without this tax? We already have massive deficits.

It's almost like he doesn't want to win. We all know that's where the retired folks get their SS. He will alienate them all.
He will lay some of that Trump math on Seniors

Eliminate payroll taxes while he increases benefits
And then, as usual, stiff the little people.

LOL. Is he for real? Does he honestly believe people are going to fall for this ruse? This will NEVER get through Congress. Even if he were to get another Republican majority in the House it will never pass. How will Social Security and Medicare be funded without this tax? We already have massive deficits.

At some point soon this Ponzi Scheme has got to die. We can’t continue to borrow and steal to keep it afloat. The public needs a serious education on this scam. First of all your ROI is 1%. Which is pathetic. Investors jump from high rises if they only get 1% but the government pats themselves on the back for doing so poorly.

So what that leaves us is options and which ones to choose. Current retirees are obviously screwed. We have to keep paying them. Others could be given the chance to opt out. I think the majority would and we could give them a combination of buy outs and short term bonds. That leaves a few staying in to pay for. Younger workers could be given treasury bonds or something they can cash out in say 50 years. Now, what rate do the bonds cash out at? That needs answered.

But basically we start ending this failure systematically. We may have to keep part of the SS tax for current retirees. But with a hard time limit and it ends.

The rest of us get instant raises and can negotiate for our share of what the employer was paying in. It’s a win win.
What do you tell hundreds of millions of retirees And workers who paid in their entire working lives and now have no Social Security or Medicare?

Sorry, but Trump needed to get re-elected
Now that I'm approaching retirement age, I don't care if those millenials have to work like galley slaves so I can have a comfortable retirement. They voted for the douchebags who supported this ponzi scheme, so they are getting just what they deserve.

At some point soon this Ponzi Scheme has got to die. We can’t continue to borrow and steal to keep it afloat. The public needs a serious education on this scam. First of all your ROI is 1%. Which is pathetic. Investors jump from high rises if they only get 1% but the government pats themselves on the back for doing so poorly.

So what that leaves us is options and which ones to choose. Current retirees are obviously screwed. We have to keep paying them. Others could be given the chance to opt out. I think the majority would and we could give them a combination of buy outs and short term bonds. That leaves a few staying in to pay for. Younger workers could be given treasury bonds or something they can cash out in say 50 years. Now, what rate do the bonds cash out at? That needs answered.

But basically we start ending this failure systematically. We may have to keep part of the SS tax for current retirees. But with a hard time limit and it ends.

The rest of us get instant raises and can negotiate for our share of what the employer was paying in. It’s a win win.
What do you tell hundreds of millions of retirees And workers who paid in their entire working lives and now have no Social Security or Medicare?

I just told you. Are you stupid or something?
You told retirees and working Americans......Sorry, but Fuck You

There are no trillions of dollars sitting around to pay them while we wean ourselves off of Social Security and Medicare.

Which insurance companies do you envision to pick up the 65 and older population on Medicare? I’m sure they will line up to get that demographic.

Trump is a callous fool
Wait, so we don’t have all this money to wean ourselves off of this scam but we do have trillions to keep it going forever. That’s your fucking come back.
No scam, hundreds of millions of retirees have relied on it for 80 years. Medicare is the backbone of senior health insurance.
So? It’s been going insolvent for years too. So you do nothing and just hope it gets better? Do you still ride a horse drawn wagon? We used those for a long time too.

It's almost like he doesn't want to win. We all know that's where the retired folks get their SS. He will alienate them all.
He will lay some of that Trump math on Seniors

Eliminate payroll taxes while he increases benefits
And then, as usual, stiff the little people.

The little people being the ones you stole from all their working lives to provide them next to nothing in return? Those little people?

They fell for RUSSIA.

And the moonbats start the lies.....
The President was very clear that Social Security and Medicare will still be funded.

I don't trust anything liars say.
Yet, you're voting for Biden. Liar.

Of course. You and your guy are traitors to this republic. I believe you and your Cult45 ilk should be dispatched or deported for the blatantly unconstitutional moves you support from this sham *pResidency. You won't be welcome here by the majority anymore after your political hail Marys fail. You should be preparing for an exit. There will likely be a very unpleasant aftermath if you lose this thing. Seriously. There will be numerous targets on you. I hope you stay safe.

And the moonbats start the lies.....
The President was very clear that Social Security and Medicare will still be funded.

I don't trust anything liars say.
Yet, you're voting for Biden. Liar.

Of course. You and your guy are traitors to this republic. I believe you and your Cult45 ilk should be dispatched or deported for the blatantly unconstitutional moves you support from this sham *pResidency. You won't be welcome here by the majority anymore after your political hail Marys fail. You should be preparing for an exit. There will likely be a very unpleasant aftermath if you lose this thing. Seriously. There will be numerous targets on you. I hope you stay safe.
Lol. Go fuck yourself, loser.

Anyone who believes trump can end the FICA tax is just as much of a total moron as trump.

SS and Med are already funded with their own tax, no?
Yup..FICA..the tax he's talking about messing with.

I just told you. Are you stupid or something?
You told retirees and working Americans......Sorry, but Fuck You

There are no trillions of dollars sitting around to pay them while we wean ourselves off of Social Security and Medicare.

Which insurance companies do you envision to pick up the 65 and older population on Medicare? I’m sure they will line up to get that demographic.

Trump is a callous fool

What those fools don't realize is that medicare keeps insurance premiums down for those who aren't on medicare.

Medicare takes the most expensive people out of the insurance market. Older people cost a lot of money in medical expenses. If they were insured through the private insurance market everyone's insurance rates would be at least three times as much as they are now.

Removing the highest cost people from the insurance pool brought everyone's costs down.

These fools think that there are no consequences to their totally irresponsible stupid schemes.

Plus, if anyone thinks that any private insurance company is going to allow the government to force them to pay those high medical costs for seniors I have a wonderful piece of ocean beach front property in Colorado to sell them.

Last edited:
These are the kinds of silly, unrealistic ideas that might enable Biden to win the election. Of course we are not going to abolish the payroll tax. How would we fund Social Security?

Unless they are "fixed" Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026, and Social Security "insolvent" in 2037, paying only 92% of promised benefits. Those assumptions are based on current payroll tax rates.

In the debates, someone needs to ask Trump and Biden WTF they would do to "fix" SS and Medicare before they go bankrupt.
Somehow funding for the war machine never goes bankrupt.

All the more reason to vote Trump out of office this November.

More of Trump and his supporters being reckless and irresponsible.

You post that as the democrat party governors and mayors allow their cities to turn into Hellish crap holes with joe biden voters burning, looting, beating and murdering American citizens, primarily in black neighborhoods?

YOu really are stupid.

Payroll tax is very anti-American. So is social security - a Ponzi scheme masquerading as retirement program. There has never been a fund - only promises that the government pays back itself.

Good promise.

SS and Med are already funded with their own tax, no?

Yes, the payroll tax that he is trying to eliminate is what funds SS. The meds get funding from a different tax as well i believe but some does come from the payroll tax.

There should never have been a payroll tax in the first place

This is a curious thing. The payroll tax (FICA) dumps money into the fictitious Social Security Trust Fund, but currently not enough to pay for benefits that are currently being paid out. Therefore, the Trust Fund has to cash in instruments that it holds (on loan from the General Fund) to fund the monthly deficit.

If the payroll tax is eliminated, would the Employer's portion also be eliminated? Regardless, the monthly shortfall will increase dramatically, draining the Trust Fund even faster, or hitting the General Fund, which is already in deficit territory to an unprecedented extent.

Surely, Our Beloved President has a "plan" to replace these funds somehow. Maybe he will take the fictitious money we are getting from Mexico to build the wall and dump it into the fictitious SS Trust Fund. That somehow seems fitting.

I believe the employers are already not paying into it as part of the CARES act. Not positive about this but do think i read that back when it was passed.

Conservatives, of course, will attempt to advance the lie that absent a payroll tax, workers will have ‘more money’ to save for retirement.

Such dishonest sophistry is as idiotic as it is wrong.

Take away that money and employers will just keep it. Workers will have little saved before retirement. Just like before Social Security and Medicare

Some may try to but why would you let them.

You could easily have them put your part and theirs into your 401K at least.

You actually think you could EASILY make your employer put their portion into YOUR 401k? :auiqs.jpg::springbed::muahaha::abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:.

That's priceless!!!

These are the kinds of silly, unrealistic ideas that might enable Biden to win the election. Of course we are not going to abolish the payroll tax. How would we fund Social Security?

Unless they are "fixed" Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026, and Social Security "insolvent" in 2037, paying only 92% of promised benefits. Those assumptions are based on current payroll tax rates.

In the debates, someone needs to ask Trump and Biden WTF they would do to "fix" SS and Medicare before they go bankrupt.
Somehow funding for the war machine never goes bankrupt.
National defense is a Constitutional requirement. Government healthcare, housing, food, etc, isn't.

Forum List

Back