Trump to Suspend Payroll Taxes Till End of Year

These are the kinds of silly, unrealistic ideas that might enable Biden to win the election. Of course we are not going to abolish the payroll tax. How would we fund Social Security?

Unless they are "fixed" Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026, and Social Security "insolvent" in 2037, paying only 92% of promised benefits. Those assumptions are based on current payroll tax rates.

In the debates, someone needs to ask Trump and Biden WTF they would do to "fix" SS and Medicare before they go bankrupt.
Somehow funding for the war machine never goes bankrupt.
National defense is a Constitutional requirement. Government healthcare, housing, food, etc, isn't.
How convenient? Cite the Constitution, which the government regularly ignores and violates, to protect the massive unjust funding of the murderous military industrial complex.

Damn! That’s nuts!
You're stupid beyond reason. You support government funded murder through abortion, you glittering hypocritical moonbat.

LOL. Is he for real? Does he honestly believe people are going to fall for this ruse? This will NEVER get through Congress. Even if he were to get another Republican majority in the House it will never pass. How will Social Security and Medicare be funded without this tax? We already have massive deficits.

Deficits haven't ever stopped the dems or republicans from spending credit card tax payers money to buy votes. Unless you were complaining about what congress gave away in the stimulus--you shouldn't be a hypocrit complaining about Trump.
That was getting us out of a recession. Had to be done. Some say they didn’t do enough.

Bush gave away clintons surplus. And trump didn’t need to pass that tax break in 2018.

Now were broke. Go figure.

LOL. Is he for real? Does he honestly believe people are going to fall for this ruse? This will NEVER get through Congress. Even if he were to get another Republican majority in the House it will never pass. How will Social Security and Medicare be funded without this tax? We already have massive deficits.

At first a 20% cut to social security across the board. We have to pay for the tax breaks and infrastructure somehow.

Then a gradual phase out of the program entirely.

Pay for tax breaks. Yes, comrade, all money is the people's money. Not taking money is giving away the people's money.

Why does the term "Marxist" bother you again?
The rich used to pay their fair share.

And no, a flat tax is not fair and won’t work.

We had the taxes right befor3 Reagan, Bush and trumps tax breaks.

Imagine if GE paid any taxes. They pay no taxes! And the number of corporations that pay zero taxes doubled since trump took office.

Youre an idiot comrad

I heard Trump say that he was going to make the cut DURING 2020 from September through the end of the year permanent. But I never heard Trump say that he was going to permanently end payroll taxes. You posted an article, but that was their opinion, they didn't have a quote from Trump saying that either.

Link, please. One with an actual quote from Trump saying he's going to permanently end payroll taxes

Seems pretty cut and dry to me that it's going to end permanently given the definition of the word terminate.

“In other words, I’ll extend beyond the end of the year and terminate the tax,” Trump later added.

He's talked about the taxes deferred in 2020. So no, you can't show a clear quote from Trump that he plans to permanently end SS payroll taxes. Of course you can't, he didn't say that

What does "EXTEND BEYOND THE END OF THE YEAR" mean to you? What does "TERMINATE THE TAX" mean to you?

So just to be clear, you're admitting you don't know what Trump did this year? You don't know what his executive order says?

Let's just be clear, when you write your replies, you're actually replying to some voice in your head and not an actual person?

"Terminate the tax" would mean that the payroll tax is ended.

These are the kinds of silly, unrealistic ideas that might enable Biden to win the election. Of course we are not going to abolish the payroll tax. How would we fund Social Security?

Unless they are "fixed" Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026, and Social Security "insolvent" in 2037, paying only 92% of promised benefits. Those assumptions are based on current payroll tax rates.

In the debates, someone needs to ask Trump and Biden WTF they would do to "fix" SS and Medicare before they go bankrupt.
National defense is a Constitutional requirement. Government healthcare, housing, food, etc, isn't.
How convenient? Cite the Constitution, which the government regularly ignores and violates, to protect the massive unjust funding of the murderous military industrial complex.

Damn! That’s nuts!
You're stupid beyond reason. You support government funded murder through abortion, you glittering hypocritical moonbat.
Lol. You don’t know me. No one is more anti abortion than me, numb nuts.

You dumb wingers think everyone is either a dumb con like you, or a dumb lib. Don’t be dumb.

Damn! That’s nuts!

You dumb wingers think everyone is either a dumb con like you, or a dumb lib. Don’t be dumb.
National defense is Constitutional, Idiot.

Damn! That’s nuts!

You must have an IQ of a gnat.

Deficits haven't ever stopped the dems or republicans from spending credit card tax payers money to buy votes. Unless you were complaining about what congress gave away in the stimulus--you shouldn't be a hypocrit complaining about Trump.
That was getting us out of a recession. Had to be done. Some say they didn’t do enough.

:auiqs.jpg: Keep telling yourself that.

Yeah, the same people who caused the recession in the first place and then turned around and robbed us blind told us "it had to be done."

Yeah, the same people who caused the recession in the first place and then turned around and robbed us blind told us "it had to be done."
I agree with you. What do you disagree with me about?

At some point soon this Ponzi Scheme has got to die. We can’t continue to borrow and steal to keep it afloat. The public needs a serious education on this scam. First of all your ROI is 1%. Which is pathetic. Investors jump from high rises if they only get 1% but the government pats themselves on the back for doing so poorly.

So what that leaves us is options and which ones to choose. Current retirees are obviously screwed. We have to keep paying them. Others could be given the chance to opt out. I think the majority would and we could give them a combination of buy outs and short term bonds. That leaves a few staying in to pay for. Younger workers could be given treasury bonds or something they can cash out in say 50 years. Now, what rate do the bonds cash out at? That needs answered.

But basically we start ending this failure systematically. We may have to keep part of the SS tax for current retirees. But with a hard time limit and it ends.

The rest of us get instant raises and can negotiate for our share of what the employer was paying in. It’s a win win.
What do you tell hundreds of millions of retirees And workers who paid in their entire working lives and now have no Social Security or Medicare?

Sorry, but Trump needed to get re-elected

I just told you. Are you stupid or something?
You told retirees and working Americans......Sorry, but Fuck You

There are no trillions of dollars sitting around to pay them while we wean ourselves off of Social Security and Medicare.

Which insurance companies do you envision to pick up the 65 and older population on Medicare? I’m sure they will line up to get that demographic.

Trump is a callous fool
What? The democrats didn’t steal enough SS and Medicare money by killing them off in mass in nursing homes during the last 5 months?

Damn! That’s nuts!

The fact you don't know that National Defense is Constitutional means you're dumber than an empty box of Raisin Bran.

At first a 20% cut to social security across the board. We have to pay for the tax breaks and infrastructure somehow.

Then a gradual phase out of the program entirely.

Pay for tax breaks. Yes, comrade, all money is the people's money. Not taking money is giving away the people's money.

Why does the term "Marxist" bother you again?
The rich used to pay their fair share.

And no, a flat tax is not fair and won’t work.

We had the taxes right befor3 Reagan, Bush and trumps tax breaks.

Imagine if GE paid any taxes. They pay no taxes! And the number of corporations that pay zero taxes doubled since trump took office.

Youre an idiot comrad

GE pays tons of taxes, comrade. You're full of shit and you know nothing about business.

And you missed the point. You called tax cuts spending. That means money belongs to government and everything they don't take from us is spending. And that ... is Marxism ...

I heard Trump say that he was going to make the cut DURING 2020 from September through the end of the year permanent. But I never heard Trump say that he was going to permanently end payroll taxes. You posted an article, but that was their opinion, they didn't have a quote from Trump saying that either.

Link, please. One with an actual quote from Trump saying he's going to permanently end payroll taxes

Seems pretty cut and dry to me that it's going to end permanently given the definition of the word terminate.

“In other words, I’ll extend beyond the end of the year and terminate the tax,” Trump later added.

He's talked about the taxes deferred in 2020. So no, you can't show a clear quote from Trump that he plans to permanently end SS payroll taxes. Of course you can't, he didn't say that

What does "EXTEND BEYOND THE END OF THE YEAR" mean to you? What does "TERMINATE THE TAX" mean to you?

So just to be clear, you're admitting you don't know what Trump did this year? You don't know what his executive order says?

Let's just be clear, when you write your replies, you're actually replying to some voice in your head and not an actual person?

"Terminate the tax" would mean that the payroll tax is ended.

Correct. He wants to charge zero taxes for 2020. What you said was he said he wants to end taxes "permanently." That's an entirely different thing.

So do you understand what he did in 2020 or not? Seems to be a clear not

Conservatives, of course, will attempt to advance the lie that absent a payroll tax, workers will have ‘more money’ to save for retirement.

Such dishonest sophistry is as idiotic as it is wrong.

Most working Americans live from paycheck to paycheck – the consequence of wages which have remained stagnant for decades. The meager funds not subject to a payroll tax are nowhere near enough to save for retirement, and will likely be used for emergencies, such as car repairs and medical bills.

Social Security and Medicare work – they need to be funded and protected from the likes of Trump.
Social Insecurity gives no better than a 1% ROI....If you add in inflation, that's no better an "investment" than stuffing cash into mason jars and burying them in the back yard....Go piss up a rope.

Oh, and....

View attachment 374658
No one is forcing you to rely soley on SS. It's a guaranteed basic income only. You can have as many accounts as you can fund.
Pretty piss poor diversionary strawman argument.

Fact remains that SS is a totally shit "investment".

Damn! That’s nuts!

The fact you don't know that National Defense is Constitutional means you're dumber than an empty box of Raisin Bran.
Lol. You think our military is defending us. You’re terribly naive. The Empire is an imperialist one. It is all about protecting the interests of the billionaires.

Wake up son.

You were defending the Wall Street bailout

Troops in over 130 nations isn't national defense, it's international military meddling and hegemony.

Damn! That’s nuts!

Lol. You think our military is defending us. You’re terribly naive. The Empire is an imperialist one. It is all about protecting the interests of the billionaires.

Wake up son.
Oh, for sure. Tell me where you bought your tin foil hat.

Troops in over 130 nations isn't national defense, it's international military meddling and hegemony.
Oh, for sure. Let's just send flowers and candy to Russia and China so they'll love us, huh.

You were defending the Wall Street bailout
I didnt like that bailout either. No one did.

Same way no one loved Obamacare but that’s what you get when you give the insurance giants a seat at the table.

Forum List

Back