Trump trolls the Libertarian Party at their own convention. “Do you like losing?” “What’s the point in getting 3% of the vote?”

So... he's not trying to get their votes all that hard.
And it's going to hurt him. The libertarian party is the go to party for moderates who don't want to vote for Trump on the right. They will steal votes from Trump.

Trump's best move would be to moderate his platform to appease the libertarians and get their support. He might even be able to get them to not run their own candidate and endorse him making it harder for never Trumpers and moderates to steal votes.

Principle. If you firmly believe in policies that others don't offer, why vote against your conscience?
I can’t for the life of me make sense out of the position. That “in good conscience, I can’t vote for a bad candidate“ bullshit is absolute bullshit. Over the course of our lives we are faced with and forced to make choices where compromise is required, where we must take the best available option, voting is no different.
Let‘s talk ‘conscience’….Think about Biden’s 10 million new cockroaches and Laken Riley‘s skull being smashed.
”Clear conscience”
”Integrity”

Sure Trump is right, just as Biden will be right about votes for the Green party. Why should voters care if they don't support your policies? They don't want EITHER to be president.
I don’t want either to be President either….I want Tucker Carlson in the Oval Office but why would I be foolish enough to write in Tucker Carlson?

I can’t for the life of me make sense out of the position. That “in good conscience, I can’t vote for a bad candidate“ bullshit is absolute bullshit. Over the course of our lives we are faced with and forced to make choices where compromise is required, where we must take the best available option, voting is no different.
Let‘s talk ‘conscience’….Think about Biden’s 10 million new cockroaches and Laken Riley‘s skull being smashed.
”Clear conscience”
”Integrity”

I don’t want either to be President either….I want Tucker Carlson in the Oval Office but why would I be foolish enough to write in Tucker Carlson?
Their position is they hate Democrats but they hate Republicans even more, but they're more like Democrats than anyone. So they vote for losers and then act like it's not their fault the country is going to shiite, even though they agree with most of the bad shit that they complain about.

I want Tucker Carlson in the Oval Office but why would I be foolish enough to write in Tucker Carlson?
Foolish?

Perish the thought
testetanning.jpg

write him in...

He only said what everyone sane thinks…Why vote for someone who has no chance at winning?
The nonsensical position has stumped me for decades.
Libertarians--capital L--shot themselves in the foot when their point of view became as authoritarian as the leftists on some issues. They are not libertarian (small 'L') who promote such things as the First Amendment, states rights, the right of the people to organize themselves into whatever sort of societies they want to be.

The classical liberals/libertarians think that creche on the courthouse lawn, or traditional Christmas carols in the school Christmas concert or The Ten Commandment plaque on the classroom wall are okay just as not having those things is okay if that is what a community wants. And though they want government to be small and limited, they do see a role of government performing necessary tasks to make 50 individual autonomous states into one cohesive country that is uniquely American. And they would see an open border and no ability to restrict drugs , etc. as a violation of the protection of the unalienable rights of the citizens. Otherwise the federal government should have no authority to do anything that can be done efficiently and effectively by the private sector.

He only said what everyone sane thinks…Why vote for someone who has no chance at winning?
The nonsensical position has stumped me for decades.
Trump ruffles feathers, so what? The truth often has that affect.

Another nail in the Trump political coffin.
Where was joe ?

Stands up in front of a hostile crowd

Pfft who cares if they're hostile ......
He went to make a deal lol

He's hammering to strip votes from every demographic they can label the American people with...

I have libertarian views
They always lost me on the open borders

I had a long argument on usmb with an old crotchety libertarian about open borders....

For open borders you'd have to have zero public assistance for any foreigner... absolutely zero in anyway shape or form ...

For it to have a shot

Birthright citizenship ....needs to go now ...for libertarian open borders...... also a must go..no exceptions

Theirs a list 😁

Where was joe ?

Stands up in front of a hostile crowd

Pfft who cares if they're hostile ......
He went to make a deal lol

He's hammering to strip votes from every demographic they can label the American people with...

I have libertarian views
They always lost me on the open borders

I had a long argument on usmb with an old crotchety libertarian about open borders....

For open borders you'd have to have zero public assistance for any foreigner... absolutely zero in anyway shape or form ...

For it to have a shot

Birthright citizenship ....needs to go now ...for libertarian open borders...... also a must go..no exceptions

Theirs a list 😁

All parties support open borders by the fact that none of them will address the main reason they come.

Jobs.

Those jobs must be filled and filled by low wage workers.

He only said what everyone sane thinks…Why vote for someone who has no chance at winning? The nonsensical position has stumped me for decades.

Really? Maybe some people vote based on principle rather than on the odds of winning.

Why vote for someone who has no chance of winning? Well, maybe because you believe that person is the best candidate and would do the best job?

Using the "no chance of winning" logic, no one should have voted for Barry Goldwater in 1964 or for George McGovern in 1972 or for Walter Mondale in 1984. Mondale and McGovern both lost 49 out of 50 states. McGovern lost the popular vote by a staggering 23 percentage points. Mondale lost it by a whopping 18 percentage points. Goldwater lost 44 out of 50 states and was buried in the popular vote, matching McGovern's landslide loss margin of 23 percentage points.

Ross Perot had a genuine shot at winning in 1992, but too many Republicans and centrist Democrats and Independents just could not free their minds enough to vote for him, choosing instead to vote for the feckless RINO George H. W. Bush or for Bill Clinton. Perot got 18.9% of the popular vote. Bush got 37.4% of the vote.

In this election, polls show that RFK Jr. has a genuine shot at winning. A recent massive nationwide Zogby poll in all 50 states, done just two weeks ago, found that Kennedy wins in a two-way race vs. either Trump or Biden. The poll also found that Biden loses to Trump with or without Kennedy in the race. So, actually, Biden, not Kennedy, is the real spoiler.

Also, polls are consistently showing that RFK Jr. has the highest approval rating of the three candidates. In some states, he is polling in the high teens or low twenties, and polls have him at 11-15% nationwide. This is amazing, given that he has run only a fraction of the TV ads that Trump and Biden have run. A lot can happen between now and November.

Last edited:
Really? Maybe some people vote based on principle rather than on the odds of winning. Why vote for someone who has no chance of winning? Well, maybe because you believe that person is the best candidate and would do the best job?

Using the "no chance of winning" logic, no one should have voted for Barry Goldwater in 1964 or for George McGovern in 1972 or for Walter Mondale in 1984. Mondale and McGovern both lost 49 out of 50 states. McGovern lost the popular vote by a staggering 23 percentage points. Mondale lost it by a whopping 18 percentage points. Goldwater lost 44 out of 50 states and was buried in the popular vote, matching McGovern's landslide loss margin of 23 percentage points.

Ross Perot had a genuine shot at winning in 1992, but too many Republicans and centrist Democrats and Independents just could not free their minds enough to vote for him, choosing instead to vote for the feckless RINO George H. W. Bush or for Bill Clinton. Perot got 18.9% of the popular vote. Bush got 37.4% of the vote.

In this election, polls show that RFK Jr. has a genuine shot at winning. A recent massive nationwide Zogby poll in all 50 states, done just two weeks ago, found that Kennedy wins in a two-way race vs. either Trump or Biden. The poll also found that Biden loses to Trump with or without Kennedy in the race. So, actually, Biden, not Kennedy, is the real spoiler.

Also, polls are consistently showing that RFK Jr. has the highest approval rating of the three candidates. In some states, he is polling in the high teens or low twenties, and polls have him at 11-15% nationwide. This is amazing, given that he has run only a fraction of the TV ads that Trump and Biden have run. A lot can happen between now and November.
1. Kennedy has ZERO chance of winning. He's only on the ballot in 7 states...so far. The Libertarians told him to get lost.

2. Trump made his pitch to the Libertarians. Is a "half a loaf" better than nothing? Apparently not, they prefer being irrelevant. You can vote your principles and get nothing, or you can negotiate for some improvements. I can't see wasting my vote on nothing.

3. I give Trump credit for stumping for votes.

Forum List

Back