Trump to allow imports of African elephant trophies

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

trump-sons.jpg

Of course he is. Clearly, we can see why.

• Banned
The National Rifle Association’s lobbying arm praised the elephant trophy decision.

Of course they did.

Excellent decision by President Donald Trump. The NRA is a great organization

As usual the hysterical leftists cry babies only report a portion of the facts.

FWS currently allows elephant heads that were killed in LEGAL HUNTS to be imported from every other African country- this simply adds Zimbabwe and Zambia back on the list.

Sorry LWNJ's. You're a bunch of cry babies. Tissue?

As usual the hysterical leftists cry babies only report a portion of the facts.

FWS currently allows elephant heads that were killed in LEGAL HUNTS to be imported from every other African country- this simply adds Zimbabwe and Zambia back on the list.

Sorry LWNJ's. You're a bunch of cry babies. Tissue?
hey its dean and his mini followers.....

Here is the criteria -
Whether or not a trophy can be imported into the U.S. depends on the conservation status of the country’s elephants. For trophies from CITES Appendix I elephants (populations in danger of extinction, such as in Tanzania and Zambia), FWS must issue a CITES import permit and “make the additional finding that the import is not detrimental to the survival of the species in the wild.” (Although there are now limitations on trophy imports, there are no limitations on hunting elephants).

Elephants in Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, and South Africa fall under Appendix II, meaning that those populations are not currently considered in danger of extinction. For Appendix II elephant trophies, only a CITES export permit is required. Controversy Swirls Around the Recent U.S. Suspension of Sport-Hunted Elephant Trophies

Personally, I don't like the idea of killing these majestic, beautiful creatures for sport. I don't like abortion either......

GOOD , real ivory pistol grips / stocks and sight beads for shotguns plus maybe some imported BILTONG !!

Last edited:
The sad reality is the only places that have healthy elephant populations are those that allow hunts. Eco hunters don't pay even one tenth what a real hunter will pay for an elephant. In the long run it helps far more elephants than it harms.

The sad reality is the only places that have healthy elephant populations are those that allow hunts. Eco hunters don't pay even one tenth what a real hunter will pay for an elephant. In the long run it helps far more elephants than it harms.

I get your point, but in my mind the only thing better than a dog is an elephant:beer:

Forum List

Back