Trump to allow imports of African elephant trophies

The sad reality is the only places that have healthy elephant populations are those that allow hunts. Eco hunters don't pay even one tenth what a real hunter will pay for an elephant. In the long run it helps far more elephants than it harms.

Reversing the ban on trophies being brought back to the U.S isn't going to help any elephants. People will still go out and pay to murder them just to do it. I also don't accept that bullshit anyway. If our priorities weren't so twisted we wouldn't have to sacrifice elephants to scumbags like Trump Jr. just to pay for conservation efforts. It's a principle thing; fuck that shit.

Last edited:
The sad reality is the only places that have healthy elephant populations are those that allow hunts. Eco hunters don't pay even one tenth what a real hunter will pay for an elephant. In the long run it helps far more elephants than it harms.

I get your point, but in my mind the only thing better than a dog is an elephant:beer:

Don't get me wrong, i would never harm an elephant. In fact when i was working in Africa my company funded anti poaching patrols in our area, but, the simple reality is that where hunting of them is allowed there are elephants. Where hunting is outlawed there are few elephant, and the poachers run rampant. There is simply no money to fight them.

Reversing the ban on trophies being brought back to the U.S isn't going to help any elephants. It's pretty clear he and his family have no empathy towards nature.

Yes, it will. When something has value, people will protect it. If it has no value they won't. That has been shown to be true in every country in Africa.

Yes, it will. When something has value, people will protect it. If it has no value they won't. That has been shown to be true in every country in Africa.

Psychopaths like Trump Jr. will still pay to go out and bravely kill elephants with high powered rifles regardless of whether or not they get to bring a trophy home. Also, see my edit in the other post. I understand why the hunting is allowed but honestly the entire thing just makes me even more disgusted with humanity, and particularly the shitheads that go out and kill them. The fact that we allow the killing of these creatures by pieces of filth like that because we can't find any other means to fund conservation efforts is truly revolting. Humans really are a blight.

Funny how the killing of a few elephants for conservation and preservation is appalling and unacceptable to leftardz. . . But the same practice is completely justified when it comes to. . .

Well. . .

I'll let you finish the thought.

Psychopaths like Trump Jr. will still pay to go out and bravely kill elephants with high powered rifles regardless of whether or not they get to bring a trophy home. Also, see my edit in the other post. I understand why the hunting is allowed but honestly the entire thing just makes me even more disgusted with humanity, and particularly the shitheads that go out and kill them. The fact that we allow the killing of these creatures by pieces of filth like that because we can't find any other means to fund conservation efforts is truly revolting. Humans really are a blight.

Your hyperbole notwithstanding i agree that it is sad that humans hunt elephants, but I thank the fact that they do because they are what is keeping the critters on this planet.

kiJhBQt.jpg

Well his son is a big game hunter after all. Fucking scumbags.

Trump admin. to reverse ban on elephant trophies from Africa

The Trump administration plans to allow hunters to import trophies of elephants they killed in Zimbabwe and Zambia back to the United States, reversing a ban put in place by the Obama administration in 2014, a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service official confirmed to ABC News today.

We should not be trusting any assurances of ANY kind out of Zimbabwe that this is supportable/sustainable. They are totally corrupt and screwed up. Nor should we be putting ANY policy in place based on information out of these countries that WE have not verified with our own Wildlife folks....

Your hyperbole notwithstanding i agree that it is sad that humans hunt elephants, but I thank the fact that they do because they are what is keeping the critters on this planet.

Right, anyway, like I said, these people will still go out and kill them regardless of the trophy ban. Removing that ban will not help elephants. It'll just allow the asshat pictured above to mount something cool on his wall afterwards. I guess it's a moot point anyway though, right? I mean, despite these heroes that pay to kill the elephants so conservation can be funded (I'm sure that's what guys like Trump Jr. had in mind as they murdered these creatures) the elephants will still be extinct soon.

Last edited:
Funny how the killing of a few elephants for conservation and preservation is appalling and unacceptable to leftardz. . . But the same practice is completely justified when it comes to. . .

Well. . .

Unfortunately humans are not yet at risk of going extinct.

I get your point, but in my mind the only thing better than a dog is an elephant:beer:

Don't get me wrong, i would never harm an elephant. In fact when i was working in Africa my company funded anti poaching patrols in our area, but, the simple reality is that where hunting of them is allowed there are elephants. Where hunting is outlawed there are few elephant, and the poachers run rampant. There is simply no money to fight them.

Tho I think the "eco-tourism" aspect CAN BE more than equal to the hunting revenues. Problem is -- SMART tourists don't GO to Zimbabwe. Even if all amenities are included. :badgrin: There's the problem.

Tho I think the "eco-tourism" aspect CAN BE more than equal to the hunting revenues. Problem is -- SMART tourists don't GO to Zimbabwe. Even if all amenities are included. :badgrin: There's the problem.

Not even close. Eco tourists spend about 10,000 to 12,000 on a photo safari. A real hunt will bring in over 250,000 to the local economy. There is no comparison.

Well. . .

With the same conservation efforts that kept white tail deer and bald eagles from going extinct. . . Neither will the elephants.

As for the other issue? Thanks for acknowledging they were humans

Well. . .

it's that sort of thinking that shows you to be a lunatic. There is no justification for that line of "thinking".

There is no justification for that line of "thinking".

Sure there is. Look what we do to this planet. It'd be better off without us. When we inevitably find a way to destroy ourselves we will have deserved it. I hope we don't take the rest of the life on this planet with us.

Not even close. Eco tourists spend about 10,000 to 12,000 on a photo safari. A real hunt will bring in over 250,000 to the local economy. There is no comparison.

That's just 25 eco-tourists. Or one dead elephant. The numbers in GOOD, clean, welcoming countries can make up for it. Just NOT in Zimbabwe or Zambia. Or any number of elephant ranging countries where there's war raging now.

I mean for fucks sake, can we all agree this is not good or are we spinning elephant murders too?

There is no justification for that line of "thinking".

Sure there is. Look what we do to this planet. It'd be better off without us. When we inevitably find a way to destroy ourselves we will have deserved it. I hope we don't take the rest of the life on this planet with us.

Maybe we humans should just wipe ourselves out. . .

Do you think any elephants, chimps or dolphins will do anything to save us from ourselves?

As usual the hysterical leftists cry babies only report a portion of the facts.

FWS currently allows elephant heads that were killed in LEGAL HUNTS to be imported from every other African country- this simply adds Zimbabwe and Zambia back on the list.

Sorry LWNJ's. You're a bunch of cry babies. Tissue?
Zander, it's not nice to kill animals for fun and trophies.

If one has a pressing impulse to kill there are a lot of really rotten sonofabitch humans walking around (at 500 yards, or less). Talk about satisfaction. . .

Forum List

Back