Trump supports raising age to 21 to buy guns

Handguns already have that requirement but not rifles. If he goes ahead with this I think it might cost him some votes. I'm opposed to it. For one thing it won't stop anyone from getting a rifle and commiting murder. LIsten to the video and he says he gonna think about it but from what he says he thinks it's a good idea, IMO. I wonder why they never discuss keeping violent scumbags in jail instead of releasing them?

Trump calls for raising minimum age to buy all guns to 21

-- President Trump again called for raising the minimum legal age to purchase all guns to age 21 during a meeting with lawmakers on guns and school safety Wednesday, while suggesting that those who are staying silent on the topic are "afraid" to come up against the NRA.

"I'm going to give it a lot of consideration," Trump said. "People aren't bringing it up because they're afraid to bring it up. You can't buy a handgun at 18, 19 or 20. You have to wait until you're 21. You could buy the weapon used in this horrible shooting at 18. You are going to decide - the people in this room pretty much - are going to decide. I would give very serious thought to it."

I think this is a very good idea. You have to be 21 to buy alcohol, why NOT guns, as well?
Because it craps on people in the military. You can go in at 18 and wield a rifle in battle but you can't buy one to hunt when your 18?

Last edited:
I am surprised that few, if any, realize that he had done this scenario dozens of times before and most don't realize he is taking off the table discussions he doesn't want to discuss right now with an apparent pandering to the left, thus taking away another TALKING POINT that could be used by our TRAITORS in the upcoming election!....Even the incredibly stupid left realizes they look like bigger fools than they already are when Trumps SUPPOSED agreeing with them is TRUMPING their ability to use even a small agenda like this to gain an advantage.....oh my, I gave away one of his many useful tools to combat the morons of this country!
I do realize that, and hope he follows his past ways. I just wanted to see what people thought about it. Thank you. What people thought, not the progressive haters.

th

Let's just raise the age to 25 years for alcohol, tobacco, buying guns, and voting, unless you join the US military or have served a minimum of two years in the US military.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I think this is a very good idea. You have to be 21 to buy alcohol, why NOT guns, as well?
Well...

You can drive a 2-ton automobile at 70mph at 16.

You can join the military and shoot a tank at 17.

You can vote to elect the most powerful man in the known universe at 18.

Is there some epidemic of 18-20 year olds accidentally shooting people with rifles? Not that I've heard.

Alcohol impairs your judgment. Rifles don't.

Absolutely. Just one more blanket rationalization by lawmakers pandering to anti-gun pressure with no data whatsoever to suggest it would do anything useful to lower crime that avoids dealing with the individual. At the very least, they should still allow the purchase of hunting (bolt action) rifles and the like by the age of 18 if not 16.

I may get a lot of abuse for this but as a strict pro 2A guy, I think 21 is the right age. I had guys on the police department with me that were 18, 19 and 20 even some 21 year olds and not one was mature enough to be handling a gun. Now for the states where kids have been shooting since there 5 is a different story. I hope is doesn’t happen and I don’t think it will knowing President Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may get a lot of abuse for this but as a strict pro 2A guy, I think 21 is the right age. I had guys on the police department with me that were 18, 19 and 20 even some 21 year olds and not one was mature enough to be handling a gun. Now for the states where kids have been shooting since there 5 is a different story. I hope is doesn’t happen and I don’t think it will knowing President Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And yet in those immature states you can drive a car at 16.

This is pandering to the Totalitarians.

If there were an epidemic of 18-20 year old kids accidentally shooting other people, It would have a basis in logic at least.

But there is no epidemic.... This isn't designed to solve a problem, just Virtue Signal.

They need to pick one age of majority for all things. You are either an adult, or you are not.

Handguns already have that requirement but not rifles. If he goes ahead with this I think it might cost him some votes. I'm opposed to it. For one thing it won't stop anyone from getting a rifle and commiting murder. LIsten to the video and he says he gonna think about it but from what he says he thinks it's a good idea, IMO. I wonder why they never discuss keeping violent scumbags in jail instead of releasing them?

-- President Trump again called for raising the minimum legal age to purchase all guns to age 21 during a meeting with lawmakers on guns and school safety Wednesday, while suggesting that those who are staying silent on the topic are "afraid" to come up against the NRA.

"I'm going to give it a lot of consideration," Trump said. "People aren't bringing it up because they're afraid to bring it up. You can't buy a handgun at 18, 19 or 20. You have to wait until you're 21. You could buy the weapon used in this horrible shooting at 18. You are going to decide - the people in this room pretty much - are going to decide. I would give very serious thought to it."

Bad orange man

No really

Trump is just a Washington swamp critter himself. I'm concerned how it gos in his last 4 years when he doesn't need to worry about reelection.

I say raise the age to 70, except for criminals.

Trump is just a Washington swamp critter himself. I'm concerned how it gos in his last 4 years when he doesn't need to worry about reelection.

And what are you concerned about....the economy will get better, he will finally make blacks realize the DemonRATS have been giving them lip service since WW II, the Chinese won't keep trying to.steal our intellectual property and keep developing WMS...What exactly are you afraid of?

If 21 is going to be the age to enjoy the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms then it should also be the age to vote, serve in the military, get an abortion, or exercise free speech.

And what are you concerned about....the economy will get better, he will finally make blacks realize the DemonRATS have been giving them lip service since WW II, the Chinese won't keep trying to.steal our intellectual property and keep developing WMS...What exactly are you afraid of?

Nothing. It's not just blacks who are getting it. It's everyone. That's a good thing. China is a rival country and they will never stop doing what they do. They will just find another way to do it. Far as the economy go's I agree. And it will get better, but then it will suck. What I'm afraid of is that personality cults are replacing political parties. Trump is the leader of a personality cult like Obama was.

Nothing. It's not just blacks who are getting it. It's everyone. That's a good thing. China is a rival country and they will never stop doing what they do. They will just find another way to do it. Far as the economy go's I agree. And it will get better, but then it will suck. What I'm afraid of is that personality cults are replacing political parties. Trump is the leader of a personality cult like Obama was.

The difference is the Surrender Monkey did NOTHING WORTHWHILE, but was celebrated as our first black president....given a Nobel after what 2 weeks in office?....Trump actually accomplishing things, economy, employment tax cuts BACK TO THE PEOPLE, foreign policy that will be a huge benefit in the long run when his tariffs do the deed intended, forcing our SUPPOSED NATONALLIES to pay up and NOT DEPEND ON US FOR MONEY AND MEN...Need I go on?

Alcohol and gun purchase age requirements at 21 is ridiculous.
Will you still vote for him?

Trump continues to pursue policies that a good market and economy respond to. He also does not pursue global policies to appease Western European liberals. So, yes, I will be voting for him unless Democrats present someone who can do better in the criteria I outlined.

Forum List

Back