Trump supports raising age to 21 to buy guns

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Handguns already have that requirement but not rifles. If he goes ahead with this I think it might cost him some votes. I'm opposed to it. For one thing it won't stop anyone from getting a rifle and commiting murder. LIsten to the video and he says he gonna think about it but from what he says he thinks it's a good idea, IMO. I wonder why they never discuss keeping violent scumbags in jail instead of releasing them?

Trump calls for raising minimum age to buy all guns to 21

-- President Trump again called for raising the minimum legal age to purchase all guns to age 21 during a meeting with lawmakers on guns and school safety Wednesday, while suggesting that those who are staying silent on the topic are "afraid" to come up against the NRA.

"I'm going to give it a lot of consideration," Trump said. "People aren't bringing it up because they're afraid to bring it up. You can't buy a handgun at 18, 19 or 20. You have to wait until you're 21. You could buy the weapon used in this horrible shooting at 18. You are going to decide - the people in this room pretty much - are going to decide. I would give very serious thought to it."

Handguns already have that requirement but not rifles. If he goes ahead with this I think it might cost him some votes. I'm opposed to it. For one thing it won't stop anyone from getting a rifle and commiting murder. LIsten to the video and he says he gonna think about it but from what he says he thinks it's a good idea, IMO. I wonder why they never discuss keeping violent scumbags in jail instead of releasing them?

-- President Trump again called for raising the minimum legal age to purchase all guns to age 21 during a meeting with lawmakers on guns and school safety Wednesday, while suggesting that those who are staying silent on the topic are "afraid" to come up against the NRA.

"I'm going to give it a lot of consideration," Trump said. "People aren't bringing it up because they're afraid to bring it up. You can't buy a handgun at 18, 19 or 20. You have to wait until you're 21. You could buy the weapon used in this horrible shooting at 18. You are going to decide - the people in this room pretty much - are going to decide. I would give very serious thought to it."

Agreed.

He'll do better by not pandering.

I think this is a very good idea. You have to be 21 to buy alcohol, why NOT guns, as well?

I think this is a very good idea. You have to be 21 to buy alcohol, why NOT guns, as well?
Well...

You can drive a 2-ton automobile at 70mph at 16.

You can join the military and shoot a tank at 17.

You can vote to elect the most powerful man in the known universe at 18.

Is there some epidemic of 18-20 year olds accidentally shooting people with rifles? Not that I've heard.

Alcohol impairs your judgment. Rifles don't.

Well...

Is there some epidemic of 18-20 year olds accidentally shooting people with rifles? Not that I've heard.

Some very good points, thanks.

You are allowed to make pregnancy termination choices at 16 or younger, you are asked to carry a gun and defend the Nation at 17-18. Alcohol and gun purchase age requirements at 21 is ridiculous.

You are allowed to make pregnancy termination choices at 16 or younger, you are asked to carry a gun and defend the Nation at 17-18. Alcohol and gun purchase age requirements at 21 is ridiculous.
I realized this AFTER I made my stupid post!

Well...

At 17 you can join the military and kill for your country...you should be able to come home and protect your family with a gun.

Well...

So....they want women between the ages of 17-21 to be defenseless, especially if they live on their own ...... that is what the democrats really want.....

Trump? He can be persuaded one way or the other since he isn't focused on the issue, so he just needs to be told the truth...

Well we should raise the voting age to 21 as well.

18 - 20 year olds clearly can’t take care of themselves anyway.

I am surprised that few, if any, realize that he had done this scenario dozens of times before and most don't realize he is taking off the table discussions he doesn't want to discuss right now with an apparent pandering to the left, thus taking away another TALKING POINT that could be used by our TRAITORS in the upcoming election!....Even the incredibly stupid left realizes they look like bigger fools than they already are when Trumps SUPPOSED agreeing with them is TRUMPING their ability to use even a small agenda like this to gain an advantage.....oh my, I gave away one of his many useful tools to combat the morons of this country!

Trump knows you'll vote for him regardless so he doesn't care.
Good point.

Trump's fantastic economy and the destruction of Obama's Caliphate does make one excuse a few mistakes.
2nd President without 3% GDP growth and ISIS beheads 10 Christian captives in Nigeria as retaliation for Baghdadi death
As I pointed out with Trumps moves, this is just another diversion from the topic at hand.....let's see Trump has another FIVE YEARS in office to see if HE can get a 3% GDP (AFTER the tariffs have worked on favor of America) and WHAT are other countries doing about the Nigeria situation. This moron thinks (I use that description sparingly) that America has the responsibility to combat ISIS by itself....time for other countries to STEP UP and take charge of a WORLDS problem....Let them throw money and men at the Muslim scum of the world...I do make note that this idiot POPE is feckless and ineffective at anything that has to do with morals, and evil throughout the world!

Forum List

Back