Trump supporters: If Trump broke the law, should he be held legally accountable?

Mac1958

Remember when you said something feels off about this? Like, it seems like something kind of serious?

FBI searched Trump’s home to look for nuclear documents and other items, sources say (WaPo)​

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Experts in classified information said the unusual search underscores deep concern among government officials about the types of information they thought could be located at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and potentially in danger of falling into the wrong hands.

The people who described some of the material that agents were seeking spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. They did not offer additional details about what type of information the agents were seeking, including whether it involved weapons belonging to the United States or some other nation. Nor did they say if such documents were recovered as part of the search. A Trump spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Justice Department and FBI declined to comment
WaPo :laughing0301:

Uh, guy, you've spent 100 million dollars trying to get the Clintons on something over the last 30 years. It seems to me that you have lots of accusations, and I think they only thing you proved was Bill lied about getting a blow job.
If the Clintons built a border wall to keep the people from shit hole countries out, they might get a free pass now and then.

Mac1958

Remember when you said something feels off about this? Like, it seems like something kind of serious?

FBI searched Trump’s home to look for nuclear documents and other items, sources say

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Experts in classified information said the unusual search underscores deep concern among government officials about the types of information they thought could be located at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and potentially in danger of falling into the wrong hands.

The people who described some of the material that agents were seeking spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. They did not offer additional details about what type of information the agents were seeking, including whether it involved weapons belonging to the United States or some other nation. Nor did they say if such documents were recovered as part of the search. A Trump spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Justice Department and FBI declined to comment

- Washington Post

He could have made billions selling that to the highest bidder. No wonder the DoJ went in to retrieve that.

Uh, guy, you've spent 100 million dollars trying to get the Clintons on something over the last 30 years. It seems to me that you have lots of accusations, and I think they only thing you proved was Bill lied about getting a blow job.
I haven't spent a dime trying to "get" the Clinton's! Nor do I need to prove anything! Anyone with half a brain KNOWS that Bill and Hillary Clinton are the sleaziest political couple ever to step foot in Washington! You're like one of those Barry Bonds supporters that won't admit he took PED's because he never failed a drug test! Don't waste my time...

Mac1958

FBI searched Trump’s home to look for nuclear documents and other items, sources say

- Washington Post
Ah, yes....more "anonymous sources"! Gotta love the Washington Post! They're about as ethical at this point as The New York Times!

You're spouting a bunch of nonsense fed to you by wingnut radio. None of that happened. And i don't know why you are assuming that Bill Clinton is going to have any sway over Loretta Lynch, a career prosecutor and judge who has never been in politics. You think because Republican AGs are corrupt - Barr, Kissinger, Meese, Ashcroft, Gonzalez - that all AGs are corrupt. That's your problem, not mine.
So you actually DO believe that Slick Willie hung out at that airport waiting for Lynch's plane to land so that he could talk to her about their grandkids and golf? A secret meeting that took place just days before the DOJ was going to decide whether or not to prosecute Hillary? Well aren't you the trusting sort! (Eye Roll)

Funny how James Comey doesn't share your view of that meeting. He stated when he testified before Congress that it was the Clinton/Lynch meeting that prompted him to update the public that Hillary was being investigated to protect the reputation of the FBI. Of course then he turned around and shit all over that reputation when he stated that Hillary had broken the law but wasn't "sophisticated" enough about Washington to know that she was doing wrong!

Last edited:
Seems like a simple question.

My view: If you suspect something, investigate it. If you find something, prosecute. If they're found guilty, nail them. If someone helped them, like family or associates, nail them too. If it's done in a political context, nail them a bit harder, since their conduct can affect millions. Political affiliation is irrelevant. Country over party, always.

So, again: If Trump broke the law, should he be held legally accountable?

The operable word here is "if". And I say even if he did whatever with the National Archive records, what the DOJ and FBI did is beyond the pale. Nothing he may have done excuses what they did.

I see it as partisan thuggery and intimidation tactics.

This is a pretty freakin' easy question for anyone who values the rule of law more than partisan politics.

All these non-answers are no surprise, though.
So is "what is a woman" and the non answers we got there...

Mac1958

- Washington Post
Mind-blowing if true.

Considering the individual in question, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept them just to show people how important he is. Remember, this is a child with a profound need for acceptance and validation. He probably kept a few (comparatively) benign pages so that he can wave them in people's faces to impress them.

Probably nothing nefarious. This is the neediest "adult" I've ever seen.

I would think in six fucking years maybe one of your “IF’s” would have panned out. They have all failed.

How about this IF? IF the federal agencies have conducted multiple investigations on a person and have come up either empty or flat out looking like retards are you going to keep supporting them?
Another "no", evidently.

The operable word here is "if". And I say even if he did whatever with the National Archive records, what the DOJ and FBI did is beyond the pale. Nothing he may have done excuses what they did.

I see it as partisan thuggery and intimidation tactics.
You've drawn your conclusion and the story isn't even NEAR done yet.

The Fifth Avenue Rule, illustrated once again.

If the Clintons built a border wall to keep the people from shit hole countries out, they might get a free pass now and then.

Except Clinton's border policies were kind of draconian.... it's why Bush did reasonable well with Hispanics.

The real problem was that when NAFTA got signed, millions of Mexican Farmers and workers got displaced, and we just happened to have openings.

By the time Obama rolled around, illegal border crossings had declined to a trickle.

I haven't spent a dime trying to "get" the Clinton's! Nor do I need to prove anything! Anyone with half a brain KNOWS that Bill and Hillary Clinton are the sleaziest political couple ever to step foot in Washington! You're like one of those Barry Bonds supporters that won't admit he took PED's because he never failed a drug test! Don't waste my time...

Again, nothing you could ever prove in court other than 'he lied about a blow job". Millions spent, and all you got was a lie about a blow job that rated a $10K fine.

Actually, it was kind of a no win.

If she deleted the emails, you accuse her of destroying evidence (even though they are archived in the State Dept. database.)

If she retained them, you'd accuse her of retaining old emails for nefarious purposes.

I generally delete all my emails after one year.

She should have turned over the emails then she could have deleted them. She clearly deleted them to destroy evidence. Remember, Lois Lerner did something similar to protect the IRS and Obama. You aren’t very smart.

To sum it up, the overall response has roughly been, "yes Mac, but ONLY AFTER you've prosecuted every Democrat about whom I have heard stories or rumors or hyperbole or pure fiction, and thrown them in jail forever, AND THEN prove to me personally that Trump did something, which I'll never fucking believe, because I hate you and adore him. But yeah, sure, because I'm really into the rule of law 'n such."

Something like that.
When laws are equally enforced on both parties get back to me. Until then you sorry fucks can kiss my ass, fitting symbol of the DNC. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

You are Welcome

1660306470109.png

So I said:

To sum it up, the overall response has roughly been, "yes Mac, but ONLY AFTER you've prosecuted every Democrat about whom I have heard stories or rumors or hyperbole or pure fiction, and thrown them in jail forever, AND THEN prove to me personally that Trump did something, which I'll never fucking believe, because I hate you and adore him. But yeah, sure, because I'm really into the rule of law 'n such."

When laws are equally enforced on both parties get back to me. Until then you sorry fucks can kiss my ass, fitting symbol of the DNC. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

You are Welcome
They just jump in to illustrate my points for me. I know these people.

But I do wonder why they get so angry when they're just confirming what I said.

Anyway, good stuff.

“For the record, I’m all for former Presidents being charged for crimes that they committed. But it can’t be applied selectively for minor ones. If we’re going to do this, let’s go through all the crimes of Bush, Cheney, Obama and Trump. Where do we even start?”
Dave Smith

So I said:

Anyway, good stuff.
No one except extreme trump haters like you believe that the FBI tells the truth

I personally do not think that the very public raid was necessary

It was political theater and a fishing expedition

So I said:

Anyway, good stuff.
Thats what you say for everything Mr. Fraud
Bottom line is you and your ilk are a cancer on this Nation. You glorify the use of Federal agencies to attack political enemies. Hitler would be proud of you.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Complaints are being taken in the 2nd port o let on the right basement section.

Forum List

Back