Trump Sneaks Ahead Of Biden In Rasmussen Poll For First Time Since September

They don't just happen to narrow. The polls narrowed in 2016 after Comey announced he was re-opening the investigation into Clinton. Clearly somethimg he should not have done.

Why not? One of his agents approached him with new information. Now if that information indicated criminal activity, just think of what he would have gone through had he sat on that until after the election.

Okay I think you misunderstand the point of polls. They aren’t making predictions about a winner. They don’t ever say “Biden will win!” They are a snapshot of how voters are thinking at that point in time and that’s it. That’s why polls that are closest to the election are the ones that should be paid attention to.

If the polls say Biden 57% and Trump 43% for three months, they don't have to say Biden will win, the numbers speak for themselves. But you are correct about one thing, and that is the only thing to pay attention to is the last couple of days when they reduce stretches like that.

If the polls say Biden 57% and Trump 43% for three months, they don't have to say Biden will win, the numbers speak for themselves. But you are correct about one thing, and that is the only thing to pay attention to is the last couple of days when they reduce stretches like that.

Millions of people have voted and are currently voting already so one could say that we are already there. That is why this poll is perfect timing, along with the poll that shows a surge in black support for Trump

Okay I think you misunderstand the point of polls. They aren’t making predictions about a winner. They don’t ever say “Biden will win!” They are a snapshot of how voters are thinking at that point in time and that’s it. That’s why polls that are closest to the election are the ones that should be paid attention to.

Yeah, but the people who make those polls aren’t making any explicit statements. They are just showing the data of how people think at that given time.

Millions of people have voted and are currently voting already so one could say that we are already there. That is why this poll is perfect timing, along with the poll that shows a surge in black support for Trump

Early voting is a threat to Trump because people will not see the final adjusted polls just before the election, which they usually see. Somebody also created a topic where people want their early ballot back after finding out about this Hunter nonsense.

Yeah, but the people who make those polls aren’t making any explicit statements. They are just showing the data of how people think at that given time.

Isn't it funny how this so called data has the same pattern every election? The Democrat contender way ahead just until the final days? I mean come on man, do you really think that people are all in for the Democrat until the last minute, and they change their minds?

They say timing is everything, so for this poll to come out as we are actually voting is great.

President Donald Trump is narrowly leading Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in Monday’s Rasmussen Reports’ daily White House Watch poll.

Trump, with 48%, snuck past Biden, who garnered 47%, in the latest poll among likely U.S. voters. Monday’s poll marks a difference from just last week, where Wednesday saw Biden ahead 49% to 46%, Rasmussen reported.

Monday marks the first time Trump has notched a lead since mid-September, according to the report. The president has 84% support with Republicans and Biden has 77% of support from Democrats. The president is also ahead by seven points with voters who don’t identify as Republican or Democrat, according to the survey.

Never a believer in polls. This happens all the time. They show the Democrat killing the Republican because that's what they want people to believe, and then as it nears Election Day, they narrow almost to a tie. Why is that? Because they want to maintain credibility.
Historically, polls have been pretty accurate. Even in 2016, the NATIONAL polls were not far off. Hillary still won the popular vote. The polls that were wrong in 2016 were key swing state polls. That’s where the surprise win for Trump came from. Since then, the polls were accurate in 2018 that predicted the democrats would win the House.
2016, the polls were far far off--they predicted Hilliary to win and she lost despite all the cheating that the dems do every year.
I specifically explained the National polls were not off. They were accurate. Hillary won the popular vote. The polls that were wrong were three swing state polls. That’s it. This really isn’t hard to figure out lol
And I specifically stated that they were off-----------they break down the polls by states----------The polls predicted Hilliary would win more states and she failed to do so---despite the dems cheating as they always do.

Early voting is a threat to Trump because people will not see the final adjusted polls just before the election, which they usually see. Somebody also created a topic where people want their early ballot back after finding out about this Hunter nonsense.

I understand the reasoning behind that, but I am thinking that Trump voters are a little more savvy this election than previous GOP voters in previous elections. We are not falling for the banana in the tailpipe.

Isn't it funny how this so called data has the same pattern every election? The Democrat contender way ahead just until the final days? I mean come on man, do you really think that people are all in for the Democrat until the last minute, and they change their minds?
Well, again, the national polls were not wrong right before the election in 2016. Only 3 critical state polls that decided the election were wrong. None of those national pollsters said “Hillary is going to win!”. That isn’t what they do. The media made the mistake of predicting Hillary would win sure, but let’s be honest: most Trump supporters were surprised too even if they want to make the bullshit claim they knew all along.

I don’t know how many times I need to say this shit lol

Well, again, the national polls were not wrong right before the election in 2016. Only 3 critical state polls that decided the election were wrong. None of those national pollsters said “Hillary is going to win!”. That isn’t what they do. The media made the mistake of predicting Hillary would win sure, but let’s be honest: most Trump supporters were surprised too even if they want to make the bullshit claim they knew all along.

I don’t know how many times I need to say this shit lol

Well you go right ahead and think these pollsters are honest and trustworthy, and I'll keep my belief that it's all designed to try and change the minds of voters. I have been predicting this for over a year on USMB. How did I do that? Because of the history with polls.

It's like a poll analyzer once said on a television show I watched, I believe Bill O'Reilly. He said the questions are framed in a way to get a desired outcome. Sort of like "Do you believe we should have people with assault weapons to carry out mass murders--or not?"

I understand the reasoning behind that, but I am thinking that Trump voters are a little more savvy this election than previous GOP voters in previous elections. We are not falling for the banana in the tailpipe.

No, we won't, but it's the Independents you have to worry about. It's kind of like 30% of voters are staunch Democrat voters, 30% are Republican voters, and 40% are Independent voters. In spite of Covid and based on supporter turnout, I'm confident of a Trump victory. Trump is still packing halls and arenas with standing room only. Biden on the other hand has pathetic turnouts. I've even seen Trump convoys miles long, where as Biden's look like a funeral procession for not a very liked person.

That's where my hope comes from. Since we are speaking of polls, it doesn't matter how people answer the question if they're not going to vote anyway.

Only 3 critical state polls that decided the election were wrong

So, battleground state polls matter. You are wrong on everything but you are right about that.
Better yet, polls in the battleground districts of the battleground states are what really matter. Thats why they get all the ad money.

Screenshot-20201027-111016.png
Didn't the GOP have like 50 seats up for re-election with 10-15 incumbents quitting and leaving open seats?

Look at the Senate ass whipping.

:dunno:

Another aspect of the strange circumstances surrounding the 2016 election is that a significant number of Democratic voters are solely responsible for Trump's election victory.

Young Sanders supporters were aggrieved that their candidate didn't get the nomination, and, in their anger and disappointment, they managed to elect Trump.

Newsweek reports, "According to the analysis of the 2016 Cooperative Congressional Election Survey, fewer than 80 percent of those who voted for Sanders in the Democratic primary did the same for Clinton when she faced off against Trump a few months later. What's more, 12 percent of those who backed Sanders actually cast a vote for Trump.

"The impact of those votes was significant. In each of the three states that ultimately swung the election for Trump—Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania—Trump's margin of victory over Clinton was smaller than the number of Sanders voters who gave him their vote."

In Wisconsin, 51,000 Sanders supporters voted for Trump. Trump's margin of victory was 22,000.

In Michigan, 47,000 Sanders supporters voted for Trump. Trump's margin of victory was 10,000.

In Pennsylvania, 116,000 Sanders supporters voted for Trump. Trump's margin of victory was 44,000.

The young Sanders devotees bought Trump's con.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Sad to watch Bernie Sanders abandon his revolution. We welcome all voters who want to fix our rigged system and bring back our jobs.
8:04 PM · Jul 25, 2016

Bernie Sanders voters helped Trump win and here's proof
Bernie Sanders supporters didn't just stay at home, they voted for Donald Trump in significant numbers last November.

Those young Democrats will vote again in 2020, and no doubt they realize the horrible mistake they made.

Another aspect of the strange circumstances surrounding the 2016 election is that a significant number of Democratic voters are solely responsible for Trump's election victory.

Young Sanders supporters were aggrieved that their candidate didn't get the nomination, and, in their anger and disappointment, they managed to elect Trump.

Newsweek reports, "According to the analysis of the 2016 Cooperative Congressional Election Survey, fewer than 80 percent of those who voted for Sanders in the Democratic primary did the same for Clinton when she faced off against Trump a few months later. What's more, 12 percent of those who backed Sanders actually cast a vote for Trump.

"The impact of those votes was significant. In each of the three states that ultimately swung the election for Trump—Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania—Trump's margin of victory over Clinton was smaller than the number of Sanders voters who gave him their vote."

In Wisconsin, 51,000 Sanders supporters voted for Trump. Trump's margin of victory was 22,000.

In Michigan, 47,000 Sanders supporters voted for Trump. Trump's margin of victory was 10,000.

In Pennsylvania, 116,000 Sanders supporters voted for Trump. Trump's margin of victory was 44,000.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Sad to watch Bernie Sanders abandon his revolution. We welcome all voters who want to fix our rigged system and bring back our jobs.

Bernie Sanders supporters didn't just stay at home, they voted for Donald Trump in significant numbers last November.

Those young Democrats will vote again in 2020, and no doubt they realize the horrible mistake they made.

It may not be that different this election. When they polled the people waiting outside to get into Trump rallies, 12% to 18% were registered Democrats.

I was just watching Hannity. He had two pollsters on. One of them claimed out of the decades he's been doing this, he has never seen such a large percentage of blacks stating they will vote for a Republican President before.

They say timing is everything, so for this poll to come out as we are actually voting is great.

President Donald Trump is narrowly leading Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in Monday’s Rasmussen Reports’ daily White House Watch poll.

Trump, with 48%, snuck past Biden, who garnered 47%, in the latest poll among likely U.S. voters. Monday’s poll marks a difference from just last week, where Wednesday saw Biden ahead 49% to 46%, Rasmussen reported.

Monday marks the first time Trump has notched a lead since mid-September, according to the report. The president has 84% support with Republicans and Biden has 77% of support from Democrats. The president is also ahead by seven points with voters who don’t identify as Republican or Democrat, according to the survey.

Never a believer in polls. This happens all the time. They show the Democrat killing the Republican because that's what they want people to believe, and then as it nears Election Day, they narrow almost to a tie. Why is that? Because they want to maintain credibility.
Historically, polls have been pretty accurate. Even in 2016, the NATIONAL polls were not far off. Hillary still won the popular vote. The polls that were wrong in 2016 were key swing state polls. That’s where the surprise win for Trump came from. Since then, the polls were accurate in 2018 that predicted the democrats would win the House.
2016, the polls were far far off--they predicted Hilliary to win and she lost despite all the cheating that the dems do every year.

The national polls were right. If Biden's margin is 8 points as the RCP average is showing now, the EC will follow. This is 2020 not 2016.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

It may not be that different this election. When they polled the people waiting outside to get into Trump rallies, 12% to 18% were registered Democrats.

I was just watching Hannity. He had two pollsters on. One of them claimed out of the decades he's been doing this, he has never seen such a large percentage of blacks stating they will vote for a Republican President before.

Then he is spouting propaganda. Trump will get pretty much the same percentage he got in 2016.

Also what you fail to reaLize is that suburban voters have turned away from the Trump GOP. 60% of suburban women could go to Biden. that is larger than what Clinton got in 2016.

Forum List

Back