Trump Smoozes Repubicans with Invites to Camp David

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well...as Mulvaney said..Trump still thinks of himself as being in the hospitality business..and he knows it well:

Trump opens up Camp David as an ‘adult playground’ to woo GOP lawmakers during impeachment

I think this is pretty smart of the President--he's playing to his strengths...

"President Trump, partial to gold and marble elegance, never took a shine to rustic Camp David. So acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney pitched to him an unusual idea at the start of the House impeachment inquiry: Use the secluded mountainous presidential retreat to woo House Republicans.
Since then, Mulvaney and top White House officials have hosted weekend getaways for Republicans at the historic lodge, seeking to butter up Republicans before the big impeachment vote. The casual itinerary includes making s’mores over the campfire, going hiking, shooting clay pigeons and schmoozing with Trump officials, some of whom stay overnight with lawmakers.
During dinners, Trump has called in to compliment members personally.

“I’ve worked with a number of Republican presidents over various administrations . . . and I’ve never, ever been invited to Camp David,” said Rep. Ann Wagner (R-Mo.). “It was amazing to go for the short weekend. So historic.”
The Camp David excursions are one prong of a broad White House charm offensive, meant to hold House and Senate Republicans in line through a House impeachment vote and a trial in the Senate that appears all but inevitable.
Never shy to feud with his own party, Trump has for weeks refrained from full-throated attacks against Republicans who have been even remotely critical of the conduct now under scrutiny by the House: The president’s attempts to pressure Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and the Democratic National Committee.
The White House has made sure that a small clutch of Republican lawmakers have accompanied Trump to a trio of recent sporting events, whether at the Ultimate Fighting Championship in New York, the World Series in Washington or at the football game in Tuscaloosa, Ala., between the University of Alabama and Louisiana State University"

Sounds like a great arrangement for the Republican lawmakers to take a weekend off...

There's good security, where crazed Democrats can't target them in another mass shooting, like that Bernie supporter did!!!

Well...as Mulvaney said..Trump still thinks of himself as being in the hospitality business..and he knows it well:

Trump opens up Camp David as an ‘adult playground’ to woo GOP lawmakers during impeachment

I think this is pretty smart of the President--he's playing to his strengths...

"President Trump, partial to gold and marble elegance, never took a shine to rustic Camp David. So acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney pitched to him an unusual idea at the start of the House impeachment inquiry: Use the secluded mountainous presidential retreat to woo House Republicans.
Since then, Mulvaney and top White House officials have hosted weekend getaways for Republicans at the historic lodge, seeking to butter up Republicans before the big impeachment vote. The casual itinerary includes making s’mores over the campfire, going hiking, shooting clay pigeons and schmoozing with Trump officials, some of whom stay overnight with lawmakers.
During dinners, Trump has called in to compliment members personally.

“I’ve worked with a number of Republican presidents over various administrations . . . and I’ve never, ever been invited to Camp David,” said Rep. Ann Wagner (R-Mo.). “It was amazing to go for the short weekend. So historic.”
The Camp David excursions are one prong of a broad White House charm offensive, meant to hold House and Senate Republicans in line through a House impeachment vote and a trial in the Senate that appears all but inevitable.
Never shy to feud with his own party, Trump has for weeks refrained from full-throated attacks against Republicans who have been even remotely critical of the conduct now under scrutiny by the House: The president’s attempts to pressure Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and the Democratic National Committee.
The White House has made sure that a small clutch of Republican lawmakers have accompanied Trump to a trio of recent sporting events, whether at the Ultimate Fighting Championship in New York, the World Series in Washington or at the football game in Tuscaloosa, Ala., between the University of Alabama and Louisiana State University"
Presidents use the Camp and AF1 all the time for charming or other purposes with various folks. Therefore when Trump does it it’s just another opportune molehill for the lefty idiots to work on while excitedly peeing their pants again.

“Don’t vote to impeach me (although I deserved to be impeached) and you’ll get to stay at Camp David.”

Trump and the GOP are truly corrupt and dishonest.
So you're saying that, when Pelosi invites the other Democrats on her taxpayer-funded luxury overseas trips, she's just being corrupt???

I certainly believe that...

“Don’t vote to impeach me (although I deserved to be impeached) and you’ll get to stay at Camp David.”

Trump and the GOP are truly corrupt and dishonest.
So you're saying that, when Pelosi invites the other Democrats on her taxpayer-funded luxury overseas trips, she's just being corrupt???

I certainly believe that...
Well..they're all corrupt...goes with the job title.

Forum List

Back