Trump slams CNN International — and journalists fire back

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
What a f*cking IDIOT we elected. What happens when murderous autocrat and Trump buddy Erdogan in Turkey sees something from a reporter there that he doesn't like? "Well Trump said that guy sucks so i tossed him in prison" (or worse). Don't miss Christine Amanpour's reaction. Her camerawoman took a bullet to the face in Bosnia. You're a sad little man Donald. :(

President Trump's latest broadside against CNN is drawing ire from journalists who say he misunderstands the very purpose of news coverage.

"This is another way that Trump recklessly hurts us in the world," said Baltimore Sun media critic David Zurawik on CNN's "Reliable Sources" Sunday.

A day earlier, Trump took aim at a new target: the network's international programming. His evening tweet tarred CNN International while also boosting Fox News, the president's favored organization.

"Fox News is MUCH more important in the United States than CNN, but outside of the U.S., CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly," the president said. "The outside world does not see the truth from them!"

A few minutes later, CNN's public relations department fired back: "It's not CNN's job to represent the U.S to the world. That's yours. Our job is to report the news."

The tweet included the hashtag #FactsFirst, which is part of an ongoing marketing campaign by the network. It also amassed more than twice as many retweets and likes as the original critique.

CNN International is carried by satellite and cable distributors around the world. Most of its audience is outside the U.S.​

What a f*cking IDIOT we elected. What happens when murderous autocrat and Trump buddy Erdogan in Turkey sees something from a reporter there that he doesn't like? "Well Trump said that guy sucks so i tossed him in prison" (or worse). Don't miss Christine Amanpour's reaction. Her camerawoman took a bullet to the face in Bosnia. You're a sad little man Donald. :(

President Trump's latest broadside against CNN is drawing ire from journalists who say he misunderstands the very purpose of news coverage.

"This is another way that Trump recklessly hurts us in the world," said Baltimore Sun media critic David Zurawik on CNN's "Reliable Sources" Sunday.

A day earlier, Trump took aim at a new target: the network's international programming. His evening tweet tarred CNN International while also boosting Fox News, the president's favored organization.

"Fox News is MUCH more important in the United States than CNN, but outside of the U.S., CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly," the president said. "The outside world does not see the truth from them!"

A few minutes later, CNN's public relations department fired back: "It's not CNN's job to represent the U.S to the world. That's yours. Our job is to report the news."

The tweet included the hashtag #FactsFirst, which is part of an ongoing marketing campaign by the network. It also amassed more than twice as many retweets and likes as the original critique.

CNN International is carried by satellite and cable distributors around the world. Most of its audience is outside the U.S.​

It's obvious that you haven't traveled much outside of the US, where CNN has free hand to spread the same fake news, bullshit and lies it does domestically.

The whiney press should be dismissed out of hand.

Bet you wouldn't feel that way if your sister was the one who took a bullet to the face in Bosnia.

CNN International has journalists in a lot of dangerous places - reporting NEWS.

Donald's tweet was not helpful --- THIS phony Time cover is fake news:

64aaaa98e7f8b46fc587df5bfc00d61d.jpg

Well, I don't know if CNN International has the same coverage as the CNN I get here, but if it is, the President IS being covered in a very negative light. I saw CNN for a few minutes this a.m. and they are leading with the Trump denying the Access Hollywood tape and saying he's not reacting appropriately toward Erdogan over something or other. They don't fabricate news but they harp on the negative when it comes to Trump, and if that is all the rest of the world knows about him, they are getting an unfair perspective on the President. I can't stand him, but the coverage on CNN is patently biased.

That's because CNN behind the scenes is in bed with many of these corrupt, barbaric, dictatorial regimes. Look at how much free reign they have been given in North Korea, even during such high tensions.

The media is and has been out of touch for far too long....that's going to end.
Screw CNN and the lies they rode in on.

If CNN were a paper I would wipe my ass with it...

enemy of freedom = the media today

Well, I don't know if CNN International has the same coverage as the CNN I get here, but if it is, the President IS being covered in a very negative light. I saw CNN for a few minutes this a.m. and they are leading with the Trump denying the Access Hollywood tape and saying he's not reacting appropriately toward Erdogan over something or other. They don't fabricate news but they harp on the negative when it comes to Trump, and if that is all the rest of the world knows about him, they are getting an unfair perspective on the President. I can't stand him, but the coverage on CNN is patently biased.

CNN goes to International late at night on weekends. You should check it out sometime. Okay, CNN US gives him a lot of negative coverage (which he deserves btw) but International is straight up NEWS.

CNN is a fucking joke
It appears they aren't concerned with their ratings, that is now below some home improvement and sports channels like ESPN. At some point they are going to start firing people undergo a major overall. That will probably occur after the 2018 elections after the Dems lose big again.

CNN goes to International late at night on weekends. You should check it out sometime. Okay, CNN US gives him a lot of negative coverage (which he deserves btw) but International is straight up NEWS.
The version you see domestically is not the same as what is broadcasted overseas, dufus. They carry some of the same flagship programs but most of the journalists are different. Like I said you haven't been overseas to see it.

It's obvious that you haven't traveled much outside of the US, where CNN has free hand to spread the same fake news, bullshit and lies it does domestically.
I have traveled outside the US continuously, without interruption, for the past 14 years. CNN does not spread false news. Trump is lying. He is angry at CNN because they give honest news about him, even if it is critical. Trump is against the free press. He is anti-American and wants to be a totalitarian dictator.

I have traveled outside the US continuously, without interruption, for the past 14 years. CNN does not spread false news. Trump is lying. He is angry at CNN because they give honest news about him, even if it is critical. Trump is against the free press. He is anti-American and wants to be a totalitarian dictator.
Yeah? What is CNN doing different abroad that it dies domesticallyy? Nothing. only difference is in many countries like Spain and France, CNN is the only American news channel their cable companies carry. Censorship is alive and well.

CNN is the de facto propaganda machine for the globalists, un-Americans, and progressives.

Of course they throw a fit whenever they are called out.

Forum List

Back