Trump Shuts Down Another Loudmouth Stooge

The problem is, journalists don't get out enough. If you didn't know anyone who thought Trump would win, maybe you want to step back and reconsider your connection to reality

While entirely true, it's not all. There is also a problem with people who have lost was reporting is. I remember reading about a guy who went to a journalism school, to give a talk on morals in reporting, and he was boo'd by the students.

Reporters now have a belief that their opinion on the news, is as important as their reporting of the news.

Wtf happened to honesty in reporting anyways? It changed sometime in the 90s. I can't pin it down further than that.

Clark Kent was an honest reporter. Dammit!

Let's be honest, I was all hookers and blow in the 90s. Okay maybe not hookers but girls and partying and all that..raves..were a bit on the young side for me..but just barely.

Mmmmm, sexy girls.

I noticed all the bullshit Clinton trials that dragged on and on though. What a waste that was.

While entirely true, it's not all. There is also a problem with people who have lost was reporting is. I remember reading about a guy who went to a journalism school, to give a talk on morals in reporting, and he was boo'd by the students.

Reporters now have a belief that their opinion on the news, is as important as their reporting of the news.

I graduated with a Bach Science in Journalism/Econ in 1971 before Watergate. My school was still adamant about keeping opinion on the opinion page and not pandering to leftist thieves in government. After Watergate the journalism world was turned on it's head....a couple mediocre reporters had brought down a president with an assist from the asst. FBI Director (deep throat). So the die was cast...that's what journalists would now aspire to....becoming lap dogs for the Rat elites. Many of them became millionaires clinking champagne glasses with the thieves they were supposed to be exposing. How long since "Sixty Minutes" went after a crooked pol? There is no more journalism...it's dead as a doornail.

I said this before, but I was watching 60 Minutes, and they were interviewing the CEO of a medical company on something or other, and Lesley Stahl was asking the CEO how they did something. The CEO began to answer, in she cut him off 5 seconds in, and said "So you just make it up, and do whatever you want!".

The CEO startled, gave her the 0.o look, and said "... well I didn't say that. What i said was..."

And Lesley interrupted him again "No what's what I said" and then carried on.

So here this dumb as crap reporter, who knows absolutely nothing.. NOTHING about the medical industry, had a chance to interview the CEO of a medical company, and instead of interviewing him, she interviewed herself. She started answering her own questions, on his behalf.

Then why have him there? Why interview anyone, if you are going to just answer the question yourself? What is the point of this?

This is what reporting has degenerated into. A bunch of self-important know-it-alls fully drunk and intoxicated by their own ignorance, spouting off that they know more about a topic they know nothing about, than the people they are supposedly interviewing.

Trump is right. Fake news. It's all fake news.

So why can't the Orange Clown answer a simple question? Tell ya what's really funny though. Two days ago he claimed to have absolute power and HE would make the decision on when things would open. His legal team told him that he actually didn't have absolute power, so now it's on the governors. LoL! :cool-45:

Remember next time there are people on this board like myself, who know you're a stinkin liar. There are emergency proclamations in all 50 states....now look up Presidential power during those conditions. Trump thought it was so obvious, even to the mutts in the press corps, that is what he was referring to and it should have gone without saying. His legal team told him no such thing, liar. He will indeed have veto power over any governor who behaves poorly, liar. And while cooperating with rational governors, he will indeed have the absolute power to cloud up and rain all over anybody's ass who messes with him....liar.

The problem is, journalists don't get out enough. If you didn't know anyone who thought Trump would win, maybe you want to step back and reconsider your connection to reality

Wtf happened to honesty in reporting anyways? It changed sometime in the 90s. I can't pin it down further than that.

Clark Kent was an honest reporter. Dammit!

Let's be honest, I was all hookers and blow in the 90s. Okay maybe not hookers but girls and partying and all that..raves..were a bit on the young side for me..but just barely.

Mmmmm, sexy girls.

I noticed all the bullshit Clinton trials that dragged on and on though. What a waste that was.
I think WillPower is right. I think it did start with Watergate. I think ever since a bunch of lazy sub-par marginal reporters brought down Watergate, I think two things happened.

A: I think more reporters are interested in trying to be a big shot, than being honest reporters.
B: I also think that politicians now know how to play with reporters like they were toys.

When you combine reporters being so pathetic, that they are more interested in being a big shot than doing good reporting, complicated by the fact politicians know how to make reporters dance to the tune..... you end up with a tornado of fake news, because reporters more interested in getting a headline than doing good reporting, combined with media savvy politicians who know how to stroke the egos of reporters not interested in integrity.

I also think the 90s is an accurate time frame to think of the switching over effect.

It would be about 20 years for the new generation of moral-less muck rakers to replace the quality reporters of their time.

Obviously this happened over a decade or two, from Watergate to the 90s.

Maybe that's the answer.
If we could get Rump a dick transplant maybe he wouldn't feel so inadequate all the time and would quit being such a dick.

We should get Dr. Lorena Bobbit on that. At taxpayer expense of course, he can't afford it.

Melanie will be so pleased she may even start writing her own speeches.

Sorry, did I say Melanie? I meant Stormy.

Taking time off from reporting posters who show the board you're a fool? When the subject of "dickless" comes up, I immediately think of "pogo", the dickless wonder from USMB.

Here's a wag who waddles into a convo he wasn't even part of just to announce his Cult butthurt.
Bizzaro. :cuckoo:

I think WillPower is right. I think it did start with Watergate. I think ever since a bunch of lazy sub-par marginal reporters brought down Watergate, I think two things happened.

A: I think more reporters are interested in trying to be a big shot, than being honest reporters.
B: I also think that politicians now know how to play with reporters like they were toys.

When you combine reporters being so pathetic, that they are more interested in being a big shot than doing good reporting, complicated by the fact politicians know how to make reporters dance to the tune..... you end up with a tornado of fake news, because reporters more interested in getting a headline than doing good reporting, combined with media savvy politicians who know how to stroke the egos of reporters not interested in integrity.

I also think the 90s is an accurate time frame to think of the switching over effect.

It would be about 20 years for the new generation of moral-less muck rakers to replace the quality reporters of their time.

Obviously this happened over a decade or two, from Watergate to the 90s.

Thanks....I didn't come up with the theory although I espouse it because I saw it happen. Another aspect is the flight of print journalists to cable because print media is dead and there's good money in television. But the format isn't conducive to real reporting..it's all about being "first"...and if it bleeds it leads sensationalism. There is never any follow-up on TV reporting because it's so shallow it's instantly forgotten which means the sole survivors in print media.....garbage outfits like WaPo and NYTimes set the premises for follow-through reporting. They hate Trump because their leakers don't work for him...their whole network of spies and those who'd divulge government secrets are in the minority and don't have access....so they just make shit up with imaginary "sources" and fake "whistleblowers". Adam Schitt should have to testify upon penalty of death as to who his "whistleblower" was during the impeachment hoax. It was him and he'd have to admit it.

Here's a wag who waddles into a convo he wasn't even part of just to announce his Cult butthurt.
Bizzaro. :cuckoo:

Eat shit, snitch. You got no say here so bury it in your dirty pockets.

Some governors will extend the guidelines for another month. Some will open up little tiny parts of the economy soon. Trump is correct in the fact that the governors are much more knowledgeable about what is happening in their states than anyone at those press conferences. A president can't keep track of 50 states and doesn't have a handle on what is actually happening. He's only one person.

Forum List

Back