Trump sells F-52 fighter aircraft to Normay.................

Well, Trump is doing his level best to MAGA with Norway. Seems that in his press release concerning his visit with the PM of Norway, his staff misspelled the press release and said that he was meeting with the PM of "Normay".

But, I can understand a typo or two, stuff happens all the time.

But, what DOES bug me is that Trump on Wednesday stood up next to the PM of Norway and said that we had sold them several F-52 fighter aircraft.

Yep. He said F-52 fighter aircraft. The only place that aircraft exists is on the video game Call of Duty, and it is one of the advanced fighters of the game.

Still think that Trump is gonna keep "winning"?

Trump lauded delivery of F-52s to Norway. The planes only exist in ‘Call of Duty.’

President Trump caused a stir with his announcement that the United States had delivered F-52 fighter jets to Norway.

Was it a secret advanced jet capable of beating its Russian counterparts? A ruse to fool intelligence analysts?

Neither, it turns out. The “F-52” is a fictional jet only available to fly if you’re a gamer at the controls of “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.”

Trump lauded the sale of the fictional planes alongside Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg at the White House on Wednesday, remarking on the very real and growing defense relationship with America’s Northern Europe ally.

“In November we started delivering the first F-52s and F-35 fighter jets,” Trump said. “We have a total of 52 and they’ve delivered a number of them already a little ahead of schedule.”

Trump was reading from a statement, and it appears he combined the figure of 52 planes with the “F” designation assigned to fighter jets in the U.S. inventory, such as the F-35 Lightning II.

That's OK. People screw up, obama most famously with his 57 States comment, and the shrilary with her claim to be named after Sir Edmund Hillary, forgetting (or most likely never knowing) that she was born BEFORE he made the famous ascent of Everest which made his name notable. They all do it, I just find it amusing that you all attack trump for it while ignoring everyone else.

Typos again set the world into a tizzy. This proves Donald Trump has dementia! Remove him now before he presses the nuclear button on his desk! That will solve everything! The media has one third of the country doing handsprings over nothing.

Hey, I mentioned the typo in the OP, but said it didn't bother me much, because I know that stuff happens.

What DOES bother me is that he can make a mistake like this while giving a speech next to the PM of another country and not bother to correct himself. Not only do I think he's an idiot, but I'm sure many other world leaders do as well.
I could care less what a leader of another country thinks, President Trump is our President, not like the last guy who sucked the dicks of other world leaders while bowing down embarrassing US into thinking the black guy was a slave. Even when the Kenyan was equal to those in the room he acted like the slave of his fathers.

160112.Obama.bowing.jpg

Wow..................Trump lies or makes a mistake several times a day, and all you conservatives can do is "but......but......but.........Obama........57 states!"

Well, Trump is doing his level best to MAGA with Norway. Seems that in his press release concerning his visit with the PM of Norway, his staff misspelled the press release and said that he was meeting with the PM of "Normay".

But, what DOES bug me is that Trump on Wednesday stood up next to the PM of Norway and said that we had sold them several F-52 fighter aircraft.

Yep. He said F-52 fighter aircraft. The only place that aircraft exists is on the video game Call of Duty, and it is one of the advanced fighters of the game.

Trump lauded delivery of F-52s to Norway. The planes only exist in ‘Call of Duty.’

President Trump caused a stir with his announcement that the United States had delivered F-52 fighter jets to Norway.

Was it a secret advanced jet capable of beating its Russian counterparts? A ruse to fool intelligence analysts?

Neither, it turns out. The “F-52” is a fictional jet only available to fly if you’re a gamer at the controls of “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.”

Trump lauded the sale of the fictional planes alongside Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg at the White House on Wednesday, remarking on the very real and growing defense relationship with America’s Northern Europe ally.

“In November we started delivering the first F-52s and F-35 fighter jets,” Trump said. “We have a total of 52 and they’ve delivered a number of them already a little ahead of schedule.”

Trump was reading from a statement, and it appears he combined the figure of 52 planes with the “F” designation assigned to fighter jets in the U.S. inventory, such as the F-35 Lightning II.

Jesus you people get wound up over the stupidest things. He simply meant to say we “started delivering the first of 52 F-35s” to Norway, because that’s how many we sold them. So what he stopped and corrected himself and moved on.

The 11 countries expected to buy F-35 fighter jet

And yes, selling such aircraft to our allies is indeed winning.

Carry on with your phony outrage.

Jesus you people get wound up over the stupidest things. He simply meant to say we “started delivering the first of 52 F-35s” to Norway, because that’s how many we sold them. So what he stopped and corrected himself and moved on.

It must be difficult waking up each day to find something to whine and wail about

It must be difficult waking up each day to find something to whine and wail about

The left need a Fake News story every day. So here they wanted to imagine that President Trump actually believes we sold them fictional “F-52” jets. All from him just misreading “first 52 F35 fighters”.

When I was in Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Air Force wanted to buy more F-15s since the ones they had already had 20 years of service. Bill Clinton and the Dems in Congress were howling that we shouldn't be giving them jets so they could go to war with others. Of course the French were waiting with their Mirage jets, and the British their Tornado jets, so finally after a couple of years of debate, Slick Willie and the Unions of McDonnell Douglas allowed the 20 F-15s to be built helping Bill and his economy and my stock there go way , way up.....

The left need a Fake News story every day. So here they wanted to imagine that President Trump actually believes we sold them fictional “F-52” jets. All from him just misreading “first 52 F35 fighters”.

And the OP carried water for the lame stream media. Silly sheeple

So he misspoke about the F-35. I bet he knows how many states there are in this country, not to call a Navy Corpsman a "Corpse-Man", how to spell "RESPECT" instead of "R-S-P-E-C-T", he has never said "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad.", has never mistakenly referred to Hawaii as part of Asia, and never said "The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

He also never said "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system", never said "I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing.", never said "I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." while he was in St. Louis, never said "Let me introduce to you the next President" when introducing Joe Biden, never said "Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration".

He also never said "How's it going, Sunshine?" while campaigning in Sunrise, Florida, never said "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today.", and never said "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people."

So he misspoke about the F-35. I bet he knows how many states there are in this country, not to call a Navy Corpsman a "Corpse-Man", how to spell "RESPECT" instead of "R-S-P-E-C-T", he has never said "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad.", has never mistakenly referred to Hawaii as part of Asia, and never said "The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

He also never said "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system", never said "I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing.", never said "I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." while he was in St. Louis, never said "Let me introduce to you the next President" when introducing Joe Biden, never said "Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration".

He also never said "How's it going, Sunshine?" while campaigning in Sunrise, Florida, never said "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today.", and never said "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people."

BBbuut that's different

Nothing to see here, move along......

Wow..................Trump lies or makes a mistake several times a day, and all you conservatives can do is "but......but......but.........Obama........57 states!"

Trumps lies only hurt himself. obummers lies hurt tens of millions of Americans so yeah, I could care less what trump is lying about so long as they only harm him which so far they have.

If Normay can exist, then so can F-52 fighters.
What is the reality is that on some Aerospace Corporations drawing board is a F-52 fighter plans.....I know because we look way into the future and plan accordingly..Damn I have to shoot myself now for spilling top secret information...

Trumps lies only hurt himself. obummers lies hurt tens of millions of Americans so yeah, I could care less what trump is lying about so long as they only harm him which so far they have.
They have?

I can remember way back when Democrat Pres. Johnson flubbed the name of the new stealth aircraft he was unveiling to the press.

He called it the SR-71 when it's development code name was the RS-71

So that the Democrat president wouldn't appear to be a moron to the American public and the world. The new jet was officially referred to from that day on as the SR-71

And over 29,000 thousand RS-71 blue prints and drawings were ordered to be changed by the government to read SR-71

Which cost the taxpayer several million dollars. ..... :cuckoo:

I can remember way back when Democrat Pres. Johnson flubbed the name of the new stealth aircraft he was unveiling to the press.

He called it the SR-71 when it's development code name was the RS-71

So that the Democrat president wouldn't appear to be a moron to the American public and the world. The new jet was referred to from that day on as the SR-71

And over 29,000 thousand RS-71 blue prints and drawings were ordered to be changed by the government to read SR-71

Which cost the taxpayer several million dollars. ..... :cuckoo:

You know Sunni, there is a wonderful new thing called Google that you can use to look up actual facts before you post so you don't sound like a total idiot. No, it wasn't the president that did that, and no, your story is false. It was an Air Force general LeMay who lobbied for the SR designation because he liked that variant and got Johnson to change the designation in his speech. Pay attention to the last 2 paragraphs of the linked article.

Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird - Wikipedia

SR-71

SR-71 Blackbird assembly line at Skunk Works

The SR-71 designation is a continuation of the pre-1962 bomber series; the last aircraft built using the series was the XB-70 Valkyrie; however, a bomber variant of the Blackbird was briefly given the B-71 designator, which was retained when the type was changed to SR-71.[14]

During the later period of its testing, the B-70 was proposed for a reconnaissance/strike role, with an RS-70 designation. When it was clear that the A-12 performance potential was much greater, the Air Force ordered a variant of the A-12 in December 1962.[15] Originally named R-12[N 1] by Lockheed, the Air Force version was longer and heavier than the A-12, with a longer fuselage to hold more fuel, two seats in the cockpit, and reshaped chines. Reconnaissance equipment included signals intelligence sensors, a side looking airborne radar and a photo camera.[15] The CIA's A-12 was a better photo reconnaissance platform than the Air Force's R-12, since the A-12 flew somewhat higher and faster,[12] and with only one pilot it had room to carry a superior camera[12] and more instruments.[16]

During the 1964 campaign, Republican presidential nominee Barry Goldwater repeatedly criticized President Lyndon B. Johnson and his administration for falling behind the Soviet Union in developing new weapons. Johnson decided to counter this criticism by revealing the existence of the Lockheed YF-12A Air Force interceptor, which also served as cover for the still-secret A-12,[17] and the Air Force reconnaissance model since July 1964. Air Force Chief of Staff General Curtis LeMay preferred the SR (Strategic Reconnaissance) designation and wanted the RS-71 to be named SR-71. Before the July speech, LeMay lobbied to modify Johnson's speech to read SR-71 instead of RS-71. The media transcript given to the press at the time still had the earlier RS-71 designation in places, creating the story that the president had misread the aircraft's designation.[18][N 2]

In 1968, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara canceled the F-12 interceptor program; the specialized tooling used to manufacture both the YF-12 and the SR-71 was also ordered destroyed.[19] Production of the SR-71 totaled 32 aircraft with 29 SR-71As, 2 SR-71Bs, and the single SR-71C.[20]

Forum List

Back