BREAKING : 32 Additional F-16s for 🇺🇦 Ukraine! 🇬🇷Greece has signaled it will transfer 32 x F-16s to 🇺🇦Ukraine as EDITION to F-35 Lightening IIs.

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
BREAKING, A GAME-CHANGER ?
Greece wasn't amused of what Moscow empire did to its delegation in Odesa.This is a proper and justified response...

Greece has signaled it will transfer 32 x F-16s to Ukraine as they transition to F-35 Lightening IIs.
What does this mean? A few key things:1. Numbers: The number of F-16s pledged at this point (80+) is more aircraft than Ukraine had in their Mig29 Fulcrum and Su27 Flanker fleets at the beginning of the war. 2. Quality: The F-16s, while relatively the same age as Mig29s and Su27, will be in much better shape.3. Pilots? The lack of pilots immediately available for these jets is concerning, but opens the door even further for a 'Flying Tigers' construct of private volunteer pilots, similar to WWII. Ironically the 32 Greek aircraft nearly mirrors the 30 aircraft flown by the Tigers. While individuals like Dan "Two Dogs" Hampton have expressed interest in volunteering with others. 4. Training? If a Flying Tigers scenario does not manifest, the additional tails could easily be used for training, enabling a faster ramp up of capability. 5. Maintenance Personnel? Another limfac is maintainers, but this can be solved by a crew of contracted logistics and MX support. There are literally hundreds of thousands of former F-16 maintainers globally. As many military leaders have said (myself included), send me the assets, I'll figure out the other stuff. All in all, this is a good thing, no matter how much doom and gloom the 🇸🇦 🐷 🇷🇺 Vatniks attempt to spin.

Forum List

Back