Trump Says That DeSantis Won't Run If He Does

If DeSantis runs against Trump in the primary, he would be the GOP nominee, period, end of story.

Why?

Because his policy is the Trump policy, but DeSantis doesn't have all the baggage.

Republicans/Conservatives/many Independents can say Trump got screwed; and they would be 100% correct as far as how he was treated when President. As most of us know, this whole Jan 6th inquisition is just another vehicle to deligitimize Trump. Still, we ALL have to understand, 2024 is NOT about Trump, but getting the Left as far away from the levers of power as we possibly can.

How many votes you want to lose in November of 2024? Think of those people who want Biden/Harriss gone, but believe that Trump actually did something wrong on some level, and will not reinstate him.

Yes, I agree with you, it SUCKS! And yet, we can NOT afford to lose in 2024 unless you want the USA to go totally into the crapper; a crapper we probably will never be able to recover from. WE NEED THOSE VOTES of people who want Biden/Democrats out, but are afraid of Trump, plain and simple.

Now for all Conservatives, that does NOT mean Trump can not redeem himself. He still has over a year to prove his case, and we should watch closely, along with public opinion if he succeeds and act accordingly. But remember, if his case is not persuasive enough, then we have to go to plan B; and a good plan B we have named Ron DeSantis.

In my opinion, DeSantis would smoke ANY Democrat running by a very large margin. Trump COULD smoke most Democrats running, if his case was conclusive; not just by as much as DeSantis would because of the aformentioned baggage.

So, how much of a chance you want to take is the real question! Reagan and Trump have been the best Presidents in my life time, followed closely by JFK, then a distant 4th was Clinton. Still, I am not positive if both Reagan was alive and Trump ran, we could get either elected today. In all honesty, I do not think Clinton could get elected today. He was not far Left enough, although the Democrats would vote for him, to keep Reagan or Trump out.

And yet, we have SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCE here! Many moderate Democrats, all GOPers, and a vast majority of Independents want Biden and the Democrats gone, outta here, cya, wouldn't want to be ya! Do NOT give them a reason to change their minds, or not vote at all. Ron DeSantis is the pick, until/if Trump can change public perception; and that COULD still happen.

Do NOT be afraid of picking between Trump and DeSantis; be afraid if you choose wrong, helping propel another Democrat into the WhiteHouse!

Last edited:
DeSantis is just more mature than Trump although I already know that he loves our country just as much as him, it's just that he has a LOT better attitude which is why I say he's a better choice. Trump puts America first but a lot of his attitude is just me, me, me! And that's what I don't like about him.
My 8 yr old grandaughter is more mature then that orange idiot.

My 8 yr old grandaughter is more mature then that orange idiot.

Surprisingly enough, I agree with you this time. However, I can't always blame him for acting immature the way the media is always after him.

This is the problem with you ding a lings. Liking the President has absolutely nothing to do with running the country. I don't give a damn if the President cusses all day, breaks furniture, plays golf at midnight or watches wrestling on Sunday, as long as he does the fucking job.

In order to "run the country" as you put it you have to have people cooperate with you and you with them. Being an asshole does not make this happen.

Surprisingly enough, I agree with you this time. However, I can't always blame him for acting immature the way the media is always after him.

If this were a new thing for him you might have a point, but he has always been this way even when he was the media darling.

I still do not understand why DeSantis said he is not going to run. He has one chance at the presidency and he is the best candidate for the right at the moment. If he passes this up I doubt such an opportunity would come again. It would also give the party a great method of keeping the Trump side of the party on board without rejecting the middle.

Of course, getting Trump to play along with the right messaging might be a massive problem. The best solution for the right would be to run DeSantis and Trump not running at all but rather going on to do 'better' things.

What media? Surely you don't mean Fox, Newsmax, OAN, Sinclair Broadcasting & others who praise Trump 24/7.

Of course, getting Trump to play along with the right messaging might be a massive problem. The best solution for the right would be to run DeSantis and Trump not running at all but rather going on to do 'better' things.

Checkout what I said in post nineteen.

What media? Surely you don't mean Fox, Newsmax, OAN, Sinclair Broadcasting & others who praise Trump 24/7.

Of course not. :rolleyes:

Obviously he was talking about virtually ALL THE OTHER MEDIA.

But you knew that. And decided to be willfully disingenuous. Surprise....

She, but other than that you are correct. :)

In order to "run the country" as you put it you have to have people cooperate with you and you with them. Being an asshole does not make this happen.
You're still not getting it. Many Americans don't care if Trump is an asshole. There are many great assholes in history. Whether I like the President or not doesn't matter. Do you have to like your plumber first or the fact he gets the job done? I don't have to be buddy buddy with someone to get the job done. It's called being a "professional". This is why you ding a lings are ding a lings.

You're still not getting it. Many Americans don't care if Trump is an asshole.

The election of 2020 would seem to indicate that is not really accurate.

Do you have to like your plumber first or the fact he gets the job done?

Well, if the plumber came in my house and was an asshole to, I would find another plumber. Same as if I went into a store and the manager was an asshole, I would find a new store.

You're still not getting it. Many Americans don't care if Trump is an asshole. There are many great assholes in history. Whether I like the President or not doesn't matter. Do you have to like your plumber first or the fact he gets the job done? I don't have to be buddy buddy with someone to get the job done. It's called being a "professional". This is why you ding a lings are ding a lings.

Exactly, but I'm not going to lie to everybody and say that I think Trump is a saint when he's not. Or at least, not in my book.

Exactly, but I'm not going to lie to everybody and say that I think Trump is a saint when he's not. Or at least, not in my book.
Of course Trump is no Saint. I want a strong, sharp, tough son of bitch sitting in the White House, not some limp academic bureaucratic soy boy like Obama and his crowd.

Of course Trump is no Saint. I want a strong, sharp, tough son of bitch sitting in the White House, not some limp academic bureaucratic soy boy like Obama and his crowd.

True, as that is one thing I like about him. He doesn't take any bullshit.

I think Desantis would be wise to not run as Trump's pick for VP. Trump has his base, but he is also toxic to about 1/2 the country. Desantis has his own record to run on, he does not need to be demonized by 1/2 the country as Trumps best bud.

The media already demonizes Desantis almost as much as they do Trump. The good news is that most of the country doesn't give a flying fuck what the eunuchs at CNN and MSNBC think.

Forum List

Back