Trump Says Montana Senator Tester Should Resign

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Wish in one hand and ....

Trump Says Montana Senator Tester Should Resign Over Claims Against His VA Nominee

President Donald Trump began his Saturday on the offensive, taking aim at Senator Jon Tester for his claims that helped derail the nomination of White House physician Ronny Jackson to be the new secretary of Veterans Affairs. The president’s tweets clearly suggest he is ready to campaign against Tester in this year’s congressional elections, which could help sink the Montana Democrat in the state that Trump won by a wide margin. Jackson withdrew his nomination for the job following claims by Tester, who is the top Democrat on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee. The Democratic senator made several accusations against Jackson, claiming, among other things, that he was freewheeling in prescribing drugs, created a hostile work environment, and crashed a government car after a Secret Service party. Jackson denied the allegations and the White House pushed back against the claims.

You know, I'm not sure it was kosher to bring all those allegations into the vetting process without a clue who was making the accusations. I can understand them wanting confidentiality, and it would seem to me that the senate could have granted them that but still insisted on knowing who was making such allegations against a nominee. They could have been brought in quietly to be interviewed behind closed doors. They do those kinds of hearings all the time.

Shit, it's easy enough to make stuff up, or repeat rumors I heard at the office party. It doesn't seem like there has been any evidence yet of any of this stuff happening. Or at least I haven't heard of it. If he were as bad as all that, he would not have made it through three Presidential administrations with high marks.

Now is there anyone even remotely interested in taking the position? Guess we'd better get used to a V.A. without a head. (Maybe it will run better that way?)

FFS! Can the Great Douche prove these thangs? For Once!

upload_2018-4-28_18-0-56.png

Tester left out the part about Ronny Jackson dancing and celebrating on 9-11

I have been informed that 3 million illegal mexicans voted for Tester in the last election

I have been informed that 3 million illegal mexicans voted for Tester in the last election
Can someone here again on USMB tweet these facts above to the Great Orange Douche so he can use them in IT's Tweets of Lies?.

Sen Tester does not have a history of lying. He does not even spin thangs that much.

upload_2018-4-28_18-39-45.png

You know, I'm not sure it was kosher to bring all those allegations into the vetting process without a clue who was making the accusations. I can understand them wanting confidentiality, and it would seem to me that the senate could have granted them that but still insisted on knowing who was making such allegations against a nominee. They could have been brought in quietly to be interviewed behind closed doors. They do those kinds of hearings all the time.

Shit, it's easy enough to make stuff up, or repeat rumors I heard at the office party. It doesn't seem like there has been any evidence yet of any of this stuff happening. Or at least I haven't heard of it. If he were as bad as all that, he would not have made it through three Presidential administrations with high marks.

Now is there anyone even remotely interested in taking the position? Guess we'd better get used to a V.A. without a head. (Maybe it will run better that way?)
This misses the point.

It was the ‘administration’s’ responsibility to properly vet Jackson – which Trump’s people clearly failed to do.

Had the ‘administration’ done its job, it would have learned of the accusations, and never nominated Jackson to begin with; it was perfectly appropriate and warranted for Tester to express his concerns with regard to the allegations, allegations which would have never have been made public had Jackson been thoroughly investigated.

The WH has only itself to blame.

Wish in one hand and ....

Trump Says Montana Senator Tester Should Resign Over Claims Against His VA Nominee

President Donald Trump began his Saturday on the offensive, taking aim at Senator Jon Tester for his claims that helped derail the nomination of White House physician Ronny Jackson to be the new secretary of Veterans Affairs. The president’s tweets clearly suggest he is ready to campaign against Tester in this year’s congressional elections, which could help sink the Montana Democrat in the state that Trump won by a wide margin. Jackson withdrew his nomination for the job following claims by Tester, who is the top Democrat on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee. The Democratic senator made several accusations against Jackson, claiming, among other things, that he was freewheeling in prescribing drugs, created a hostile work environment, and crashed a government car after a Secret Service party. Jackson denied the allegations and the White House pushed back against the claims.

Trump won the state by a wide margin however Democrats took the Governor's race. The Democrat Senator was relaying the accusations made by unknown sources within the unit itself. That clearly should have been taken seriously and that is why REPUBLICANS postponed the hearings. Clearly Trump is more concerned about his ego than veterans. The IG report shows how ill-prepared he was to handle a huge organization like the VA.

Forum List

Back