Trump Says Montana Senator Tester Should Resign

The Republicans on the committee were as concerned as Tester so there was enough credibility to the accusations to worry them. Most likely Tester carried the water for them all.

The real failing belongs to the Trump administration for, once again, failing to do even a rudimentary vetting before nominating him. All of this should have been dealt with by the time he was nominated.

I think the real issue is that Trump's first thought was "let's make my personal doctor the head of the VA"

*edit.
Trump’s ‘governing from the gut’ idiocy.

It's already played out. The story is over.

Trump can keep whining about it (and I'm sure he will), but that's not going to change anything.
Depends on whether the reports about him are true..........Can be used if they don't hold water.............

We'll see........

If there was no truth at all in the reports, Admiral Jackson wouldn't have withdrawn.

Since he's withdrawn, the story is over. No one's going to look into it now. It no longer matters.

Which is probably why he withdrew.
That is an assumption..............It could be he said..........fuck this shit..............It isn't worth it..............Be attacked because you said you'd try to help veterans in the VA................

Might have went out and had a drink after............

You're missing my point.

I'm sure you could think up as many theoretical versions where he comes out smelling like roses as you need.

The end result is the same - the story goes away.

I know that, you know that, and most importantly, Admiral Jackson knows that.
Doesn't make the accusations true............
Your blind rightwing partisanism is making you miss the point.

The issue isn’t whether the accusations were true or not.

The issue is that this is yet another Trump failure, another example of Trump’s incompetence, where his ‘administration’ failed to properly vet a nominee – again.

Had the WH properly investigated Jackson it would have not nominated him in the first place, having itself discovered the allegations.

But the WH didn’t – and the Senate appropriately did what Trump failed to do.

Trump is alone to blame, not Tester.

You know, I'm not sure it was kosher to bring all those allegations into the vetting process without a clue who was making the accusations. I can understand them wanting confidentiality, and it would seem to me that the senate could have granted them that but still insisted on knowing who was making such allegations against a nominee. They could have been brought in quietly to be interviewed behind closed doors. They do those kinds of hearings all the time.

Shit, it's easy enough to make stuff up, or repeat rumors I heard at the office party. It doesn't seem like there has been any evidence yet of any of this stuff happening. Or at least I haven't heard of it. If he were as bad as all that, he would not have made it through three Presidential administrations with high marks.

Now is there anyone even remotely interested in taking the position? Guess we'd better get used to a V.A. without a head. (Maybe it will run better that way?)
This misses the point.

It was the ‘administration’s’ responsibility to properly vet Jackson – which Trump’s people clearly failed to do.

Had the ‘administration’ done its job, it would have learned of the accusations, and never nominated Jackson to begin with; it was perfectly appropriate and warranted for Tester to express his concerns with regard to the allegations, allegations which would have never have been made public had Jackson been thoroughly investigated.

The WH has only itself to blame.
Hmmm...I think I'm seeing OldLady's point. Fundamental in our system is the right to confront one's accusers. A lot was at stake here--a fair, closed hearing could have been arranged. I would also point out that if you fault Trump for not vetting properly..then you have to fault the other two Presidents he worked for. The President's Physician--the closest to him...his life in the Dr's hands. He had to have been looked at..a lot! There is the possibility that the stories are false..or blown out of proportion.

I was happy to see him drop out..because I think him unqualified--but he might have been a victim of the current bloodletting.
Actually not.

The right to confront one's accusers concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, where the state has accused a citizen of violating the law and is seeking to take from him his life or liberty.

That’s not the case with a political appointment, Jackson is not being accused of a crime, government is not seeking to take from him his life or liberty, the right to confront one's accusers doesn’t apply.

And the notion of a ‘closed hearing’ is unwarranted and inappropriate – the people are entitled to witness the political process used to determine who will be appointed to Executive Branch positions.

Last, the idea that prior administrations should have addressed Jackson’s alleged misconduct fails as a false comparison fallacy – those administrations didn’t seek to appoint Jackson to a position requiring Senate confirmation, where he would oversee a large administrative agency, with the authority to make decisions with regard to that agency’s policies and procedures.

The point remains missed.

Depends on whether the reports about him are true..........Can be used if they don't hold water.............

We'll see........

If there was no truth at all in the reports, Admiral Jackson wouldn't have withdrawn.

Since he's withdrawn, the story is over. No one's going to look into it now. It no longer matters.

That is an assumption..............It could be he said..........fuck this shit..............It isn't worth it..............Be attacked because you said you'd try to help veterans in the VA................

You're missing my point.

I'm sure you could think up as many theoretical versions where he comes out smelling like roses as you need.

The issue is that this is yet another Trump failure, another example of Trump’s incompetence, where his ‘administration’ failed to properly vet a nominee – again.

Had the WH properly investigated Jackson it would have not nominated him in the first place, having itself discovered the allegations.

Your side would attack him if he was the best thing since sliced bread in the environment we have today.

Blind leftwing partisanism is your problem.........We are at odds every day.

I want the best for that position......don't know if he was the one......but Tester went on the attack with allegations just as the MSM tries to find dirt on anyone applying...........Kinda hard to get people for the job in the current environment when they know they are gonna get attacked for it.

this just in..>>>>

upload_2018-4-29_6-15-14.jpeg

~S~

The Republicans on the committee were as concerned as Tester so there was enough credibility to the accusations to worry them. Most likely Tester carried the water for them all.

The real failing belongs to the Trump administration for, once again, failing to do even a rudimentary vetting before nominating him. All of this should have been dealt with by the time he was nominated.

I think the real issue is that Trump's first thought was "let's make my personal doctor the head of the VA"

*edit.

Deja’s vous....Harriet Myers

When she failed to make the Supreme Court, a leading hotel chain accepted her job application.

The headline read: "Marriott Hires Harriet Myers".

Wish in one hand and ....

Trump Says Montana Senator Tester Should Resign Over Claims Against His VA Nominee

President Donald Trump began his Saturday on the offensive, taking aim at Senator Jon Tester for his claims that helped derail the nomination of White House physician Ronny Jackson to be the new secretary of Veterans Affairs. The president’s tweets clearly suggest he is ready to campaign against Tester in this year’s congressional elections, which could help sink the Montana Democrat in the state that Trump won by a wide margin. Jackson withdrew his nomination for the job following claims by Tester, who is the top Democrat on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee. The Democratic senator made several accusations against Jackson, claiming, among other things, that he was freewheeling in prescribing drugs, created a hostile work environment, and crashed a government car after a Secret Service party. Jackson denied the allegations and the White House pushed back against the claims.

If Trump wants people to resign when he says they should, then how many times would Trump have resigned his presidency because of people calling for him to resign?

Tester went to the media knowing they will publically crucify Jackson without giving Jackson a hearing first. Let Tester identify his 20 sources. How about 5? One?

Fucking skum won't be Senator after the next election.

You know, I'm not sure it was kosher to bring all those allegations into the vetting process without a clue who was making the accusations. I can understand them wanting confidentiality, and it would seem to me that the senate could have granted them that but still insisted on knowing who was making such allegations against a nominee. They could have been brought in quietly to be interviewed behind closed doors. They do those kinds of hearings all the time.

Shit, it's easy enough to make stuff up, or repeat rumors I heard at the office party. It doesn't seem like there has been any evidence yet of any of this stuff happening. Or at least I haven't heard of it. If he were as bad as all that, he would not have made it through three Presidential administrations with high marks.

Now is there anyone even remotely interested in taking the position? Guess we'd better get used to a V.A. without a head. (Maybe it will run better that way?)
This misses the point.

It was the ‘administration’s’ responsibility to properly vet Jackson – which Trump’s people clearly failed to do.

Had the ‘administration’ done its job, it would have learned of the accusations, and never nominated Jackson to begin with; it was perfectly appropriate and warranted for Tester to express his concerns with regard to the allegations, allegations which would have never have been made public had Jackson been thoroughly investigated.

The WH has only itself to blame.
I think that is placing ALL the blame on Trump & Co. when there is more than enough blame to go around. The way this went down was not right and you can blame the Trump team for not knowing about it before hand, but it doesn't mean what Tester and his anonymous sources did was right. The press probably shouldn't have even picked it up, since they haven't been able to confirm anything or get sources, either. It was dirty politics. Tester had an obligation to make sure this stuff was true before bringing it to the committee. He failed.

To ignore it would have been a insult to veterans. Clearly Republicans were concerned as they POSTPONED the hearings. There is one aspect of this that shows he was not qualified. The IG report shows that he was having issues with running the medical unit itself. Yet he is expected to run the VA.
That was an incident years ago which was resolved. I agree it is something that should certainly be taken into consideration, but it takes two to tango, and we know only that there was a toxic environment due to a power struggle. How was the "other guy" responsible for that? Maybe we should get the WHOLE story before flushing a guy down the can?
If he wasn't qualified, fine. All these personal attacks were untoward.

So pardon me when I don't jump on the bandwagon then..................too much BS out there..............

Tester up for re election next year...........see how this plays out.

:lol:

He sure is. You think that this is going to hurt him?
Depends on how this plays out.............now doesn't it........

Trump can keep whining about it (and I'm sure he will), but that's not going to change anything.

We'll see........

He is still the White House doctor, right?

Except, apparently, there was a problem before now.

Apparently, he's a drunk.
So when some "unnamed source" claims you are pervert and you deny it I can counter by posting "apparently" you are a pervert. And you're OK with that?
Everytime I read the word "unnamed source/s" I totally ignore what comes next. And so should everyone with an ounce of brains.

:lol:

He sure is. You think that this is going to hurt him?
Depends on how this plays out.............now doesn't it........

We'll see........

He is still the White House doctor, right?

It appears to be unclear, at this time.
White House doctor steps back from Trump veterans job after...

"Presidential press secretary Sarah Sanders said Jackson was on the job at the White House on Thursday but White House officials declined to immediately make clear whether he would remain as the top White House physician."

This appears to say yes..he is staying..but the language is careful..and non-commital, as regards the future:

Ronny Jackson staying on as White House doctor despite misconduct charges

Navy Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson withdrew his bid to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs but is staying on as physician to the president at the White House despite facing a slew of misconduct allegations.

Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Thursday that he remains "a doctor in the United States Navy assigned to the White House and is here at work today."

Ivanka Trump, first daughter and assistant to the president, called Jackson "a man of exceptional integrity, character and intellect."

"We are grateful for his long and distinguished service to our Nation and look forward to continuing to see his warm smile each day at the White House! " she tweeted.

But Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., who led the Senate investigation of Jackson, said he is urging his fellow lawmakers to continue the probe.

Last edited:
Wish in one hand and ....

Trump Says Montana Senator Tester Should Resign Over Claims Against His VA Nominee

President Donald Trump began his Saturday on the offensive, taking aim at Senator Jon Tester for his claims that helped derail the nomination of White House physician Ronny Jackson to be the new secretary of Veterans Affairs. The president’s tweets clearly suggest he is ready to campaign against Tester in this year’s congressional elections, which could help sink the Montana Democrat in the state that Trump won by a wide margin. Jackson withdrew his nomination for the job following claims by Tester, who is the top Democrat on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee. The Democratic senator made several accusations against Jackson, claiming, among other things, that he was freewheeling in prescribing drugs, created a hostile work environment, and crashed a government car after a Secret Service party. Jackson denied the allegations and the White House pushed back against the claims.
Funny. Trump is afraid of being impeached so he walks around telling who should resign.

We'll see........

You're missing my point.

jones calling someone a partisan.....unbelievable.....care to defend yourself jones?...

Tester went to the media knowing they will publically crucify Jackson without giving Jackson a hearing first. Let Tester identify his 20 sources. How about 5? One?

Fucking skum won't be Senator after the next election.

According to democrats it doesn't matter that the claims are untrue because Trump or something. Democrats don't even care anymore that their lies are being exposed. When Harry Reid was exposed as telling lies about Mitt Romney, his answer was "We won didn't we". That's the democrat of today. They lie, and you can't disprove it. After all, that there is no evidence whatsoever of car accidents or drinking, is not proof that accidents and drinking don't exist. In the mind of the democrat, that's irrelevant.

Forum List

Back