Trump says he will keep parts of Obamacare

He campaigned to keep those, its liberals starting shit by keeping people ignorant and then putting thisnshit forward. People listen to a Trump speech, he mentioned pre existing conditions.
Ahhh. Well either way its a good thing. I think people will like having a president who isn't an ideologue on either side. He is a Populist who will do what's best for the people.

Donald Trump, in Exclusive Interview, Tells WSJ He Is Willing to Keep Parts of Obama Health Law

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. You trim the fat and make it leaner and work better. You throw 20 million people off healthcare you will have a revolt on your hands and a HUGE loss in 2018. I agree with Trump here....EVERYONE that hates Obamacare hates it because its WAY to expensive and ridiculous to FORCE people to buy healthcare.

So why did you say this then?

Trump policy details
Why are people saying Trump has not offered actual policy? Anyone seen his page? Here

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to......

No, Donald Trump Did Not Abandon Promise to Repeal Obamacare

Same thing Breitbart is saying. Keeping the decent parts and rest goes bye bye.
Bingo....where do these people get their news?
From his stated and written goals. See the above post Odium himself posted.

Healthcare Reform

"On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of Obamacare."
-Donald the Drumpf Trump
Trump’s healthcare plans trouble GOP

He state in 2/25 that he wanted to keep pre-existing conditions, its in all of his stump.speeches. This is akin to saying Hillary is a democrat.

No, Donald Trump Did Not Abandon Promise to Repeal Obamacare

Same thing Breitbart is saying. Keeping the decent parts and rest goes bye bye.
Bingo....where do these people get their news?
From his stated and written goals. See the above post Odium himself posted.

Healthcare Reform

"On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of Obamacare."
-Donald the Drumpf Trump
Trump’s healthcare plans trouble GOP

He state in 2/25 that he wanted to keep pre-existing conditions, its in all of his stump.speeches. This is akin to saying Hillary is a democrat.
I cant help he changed his story to fool you guys. All I know is that in march he said he was going to completely repeal Obamacare.

Per existing conditions will be accepted unless you are not a pro life advocate. Plenty of those hypocrite folk out they're though. But they gotta vacuum their trailers first. Lmao at them.

I cant help he changed his story to fool you guys. All I know is that in march he said he was going to completely repeal Obamacare.

More than likely you won't even be able to recognize it.

Trump will start with an entirely new plan, but that doesn't mean that every single thing in Commie Care won't be used. Commie Care wasn't 100% bad idea, it was about an 85% bad idea. The very idea that he would dictate how insurance companies spend their money was a lot of the failure. No wonder many dropped out of it already.

More than likely you won't even be able to recognize it.

Trump will start with an entirely new plan, but that doesn't mean that every single thing in Commie Care won't be used. Commie Care wasn't 100% bad idea, it was about an 85% bad idea. The very idea that he would dictate how insurance companies spend their money was a lot of the failure. No wonder many dropped out of it already.
That doesnt help your claim that he didnt say he was going to completely get rid of it. Dont deflect from the point.

That doesnt help your claim that he didnt say he was going to completely get rid of it. Dont deflect from the point.

He is going to get rid of it. He may keep some things, how could he not? In order to get rid of the stupid parts of Commie Care (which is most of it) you have to start new.

He is going to get rid of it. He may keep some things, how could he not? In order to get rid of the stupid parts of Commie Care (which is most of it) you have to start new.
How is he going to get rid of it if he just said he wasnt?

I think most Americans want those two items kept intact.....the rest can go. If you remember at the primary debates Trump promised nobody would die on the street from lack of insurance and I believe him 100%

I'm unaware of any provision in the Constitution that makes it OK to save line items from repealed legislation.

He always said some parts of it were in keeping with the times we are living in so stop trying to turn his words around. Now we enter the freak out season for distraught liberals. Double check everything you hear them say. The lies and falsehoods and exaggerations will be flyin.

Donald Trump, in Exclusive Interview, Tells WSJ He Is Willing to Keep Parts of Obama Health Law

You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. You trim the fat and make it leaner and work better. You throw 20 million people off healthcare you will have a revolt on your hands and a HUGE loss in 2018. I agree with Trump here....EVERYONE that hates Obamacare hates it because its WAY to expensive and ridiculous to FORCE people to buy healthcare.
I think Trump will have to reconsider keeping any part of Obamacare because it is simply unworkable and too many Republicans in Congress won't tolerate it. Certainly, everyone should have the opportunity to get affordable healthcare, but if he keeps the provision that insurers must accept high risk people at the same rate as others, he must keep the mandate to spread the cost over a large number of people and in that system we have already seen insurers must significantly raise premiums and co-pays or drop out of the market, making healthcare less affordable. The system is simply unworkable and it is not a question of if Obamacare will fail, but when Obamacare will fair.

What is needed is an entirely new approach to providing affordable healthcare to those who are poor or who have pre existing conditions. Fortunately, we already have that has been in existence for many years. There are already thousands of clinics funded by a state-federal partnership program under HEW that provide comprehensive healthcare and dental care, including tests and medications to patients on a sliding scale according to income. The poorest patients pay nothing and middle class patients market comparable fees. About 1 in every 13 people in the US already get their primary healthcare at these clinics. For this system to provide complete healthcare, it would have to be supplemented with a hospital care insurance on a sliding scale basis. Since this program already existed, it could have been expanded in a revenue bill, which cannot be filibustered in the Senate, so if Obama had chosen to go this route, everyone in America would have had access to affordable healthcare in a month. It would have left the private healthcare system intact and it would have provided affordable healthcare to all the people who fell through the cracks in that system. If Trump decides to go this route, everyone in America will have access to affordable healthcare in a month and with Obamacare gone, insurance premiums would fall because the insurers would no longer have to cover high risk people.

http://www.bphc.hrsa.gov/about/healthcenterfactsheet.pdf

About the Health Center Program

I think Trump will have to reconsider keeping any part of Obamacare because it is simply unworkable and too many Republicans in Congress won't tolerate it. Certainly, everyone should have the opportunity to get affordable healthcare, but if he keeps the provision that insurers must accept high risk people at the same rate as others, he must keep the mandate to spread the cost over a large number of people and in that system we have already seen insurers must significantly raise premiums and co-pays or drop out of the market, making healthcare less affordable. The system is simply unworkable and it is not a question of if Obamacare will fail, but when Obamacare will fair.

What is needed is an entirely new approach to providing affordable healthcare to those who are poor or who have pre existing conditions. Fortunately, we already have that has been in existence for many years. There are already thousands of clinics funded by a state-federal partnership program under HEW that provide comprehensive healthcare and dental care, including tests and medications to patients on a sliding scale according to income. The poorest patients pay nothing and middle class patients market comparable fees. About 1 in every 13 people in the US already get their primary healthcare at these clinics. For this system to provide complete healthcare, it would have to be supplemented with a hospital care insurance on a sliding scale basis. Since this program already existed, it could have been expanded in a revenue bill, which cannot be filibustered in the Senate, so if Obama had chosen to go this route, everyone in America would have had access to affordable healthcare in a month. It would have left the private healthcare system intact and it would have provided affordable healthcare to all the people who fell through the cracks in that system. If Trump decides to go this route, everyone in America will have access to affordable healthcare in a month and with Obamacare gone, insurance premiums would fall because the insurers would no longer have to cover high risk people.

There are some problems with all this. First of all, how can government (or anybody else for that matter) determine what one can afford? This is what Commie Care does. Government says if you make X amount of money, and you live in X area, YOU CAN afford X amount in healthcare, and then they determine how much they will kick in for you to afford it.

Okay, so you know what my income is. Do you know what my car payment is, my credit card payments, outstanding medical bills, my mortgage or rent payments, my child support or even alimony in rare cases, my utility bills, gasoline costs, my property taxes............

If preexisting conditions is the problem, then what we should have done is anybody that can't get insurance at a reasonable cost, or can't get insurance period, should be allowed to go on a government program like Medicare or Medicaid. Yes, you should have to pay into those programs as well, but at least be able to deduct your actual living expenses before it's determined what you can or can't afford.

There are some problems with all this. First of all, how can government (or anybody else for that matter) determine what one can afford? This is what Commie Care does. Government says if you make X amount of money, and you live in X area, YOU CAN afford X amount in healthcare, and then they determine how much they will kick in for you to afford it.

Okay, so you know what my income is. Do you know what my car payment is, my credit card payments, outstanding medical bills, my mortgage or rent payments, my child support or even alimony in rare cases, my utility bills, gasoline costs, my property taxes............

If preexisting conditions is the problem, then what we should have done is anybody that can't get insurance at a reasonable cost, or can't get insurance period, should be allowed to go on a government program like Medicare or Medicaid. Yes, you should have to pay into those programs as well, but at least be able to deduct your actual living expenses before it's determined what you can or can't afford.
There is no problem determining what you can afford to pay for healthcare. For your area and family size if you income is at or above the average income of similar people who buy their own health insurance, then you will be charge the prevailing market rate for the services you received. Similarly, for your area and family size it is unreasonable to believe you can afford to pay nothing, then you pay nothing. There you have the top and bottom of the scale and there is no problem defining increments.

Remember this program already exists and has existed for many years. It is intended to serve the health care needs that the private market fails to serve, making it essentially a welfare program, but a very low cost, efficient one. Presently, it only provides primary care services, but it does this for much less money than Medicaid does. It is a very simple system to maintain and a simple system for patients to access. It provides universal access to affordable healthcare at a very low cost to taxpayers. Setting ideological concerns aside, it is a win for everyone.

Forum List

Back