Trump refuses to acknowledge John Lewis' achievements and claims he's done 'more for Black Americans'

Propofol

Gold Member
Apr 29, 2020
Making Crixus squirm

Trump HAS done more for Black Americans! You DEMORATS ARE IN TROUBLE!
#WALKOFFTHEPLANTATION
#NOMOREDEMOCRAT4ME
#BLACK4REPUBLICAN
#MAKETHESWITCH
#DRATSFAILEDBLACKS
#WEKNOWJOEHELLNO

John Lewis

John Lewis
Members of the military with the casket of Rep. John Lewis for a memorial service at the US Capitol Rotunda in Washington, DC, on July 27.
Michael A. McCoy/Reuters
  • President Donald Trump, during an Axios interview, repeatedly stopped short of praising the late Democratic Rep. John Lewis of Georgia.
  • "He chose not to come to my inauguration," Trump said. "He chose, I never met John Lewis, I don't believe."
  • "I find a lot of people impressive," Trump added. "I find many people not impressive, but no, he didn't come to my inauguration."
President Donald Trump repeatedly stopped short of praising the late Democratic Rep. John Lewis during a recent interview, instead boasting of his own credentials in serving the Black community.
Asked by the Axios reporter Jonathan Swan during an interview that aired Monday night about how history would remember Lewis, Trump replied: "I don't know. I really don't know."
"He chose not to come to my inauguration," Trump said. "He chose, I never met John Lewis, I don't believe."
Lewis, the civil-rights leader who spent decades representing Georgia's 5th Congressional District, died at 80 in July, seven months after he was found to have advanced pancreatic cancer. Lewis' accomplishments for the civil-rights movement, including marches with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., were widely praised by both Republicans and Democrats after his death.
Following Swan's initial question, the reporter pressed Trump for a clearer answer: "Do you find him impressive?"
Trump replied that he could not "say one way or the other" whether Lewis was impressive, adding that the Democrat did not come to his inauguration.
"I find a lot of people impressive," Trump said. "I find many people not impressive, but no, he didn't come to my inauguration."
"He didn't come to my State of the Union speeches, and that's OK," Trump added. "That's his right. And again, nobody has done more for Black Americans than I have. He should've come. I think he made a big mistake."
Lewis was one of dozens of Democratic lawmakers who refused to attend Trump's inauguration in 2017. Lewis also declined to attend President George W. Bush's inauguration in 2001. Bush delivered remarks at Lewis' funeral.
"You cannot be at home with something that you feel that is wrong," Lewis told NBC News in 2017.
Trump did later acknowledge that Lewis "was a person that devoted a lot of energy and a lot of heart to civil rights" but added "there were many others, also."
Trump did not attend Lewis' memorial service, nor did he pay respects to the lawmaker, who laid in state in the Capitol Rotunda. Lewis' memorial ceremony included eulogies by the former US presidents Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush.

#WALKOFFTHEPLANTATION
#NOMOREDEMOCRAT4ME
#BLACK4REPUBLICAN
#MAKETHESWITCH
#DRATSFAILEDBLACKS
#WEKNOWJOEHELLNO

John Lewis

John Lewis
Members of the military with the casket of Rep. John Lewis for a memorial service at the US Capitol Rotunda in Washington, DC, on July 27.
Michael A. McCoy/Reuters
  • President Donald Trump, during an Axios interview, repeatedly stopped short of praising the late Democratic Rep. John Lewis of Georgia.
  • "He chose not to come to my inauguration," Trump said. "He chose, I never met John Lewis, I don't believe."
  • "I find a lot of people impressive," Trump added. "I find many people not impressive, but no, he didn't come to my inauguration."
President Donald Trump repeatedly stopped short of praising the late Democratic Rep. John Lewis during a recent interview, instead boasting of his own credentials in serving the Black community.
Asked by the Axios reporter Jonathan Swan during an interview that aired Monday night about how history would remember Lewis, Trump replied: "I don't know. I really don't know."
"He chose not to come to my inauguration," Trump said. "He chose, I never met John Lewis, I don't believe."
Lewis, the civil-rights leader who spent decades representing Georgia's 5th Congressional District, died at 80 in July, seven months after he was found to have advanced pancreatic cancer. Lewis' accomplishments for the civil-rights movement, including marches with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., were widely praised by both Republicans and Democrats after his death.
Following Swan's initial question, the reporter pressed Trump for a clearer answer: "Do you find him impressive?"
Trump replied that he could not "say one way or the other" whether Lewis was impressive, adding that the Democrat did not come to his inauguration.
"I find a lot of people impressive," Trump said. "I find many people not impressive, but no, he didn't come to my inauguration."
"He didn't come to my State of the Union speeches, and that's OK," Trump added. "That's his right. And again, nobody has done more for Black Americans than I have. He should've come. I think he made a big mistake."
Lewis was one of dozens of Democratic lawmakers who refused to attend Trump's inauguration in 2017. Lewis also declined to attend President George W. Bush's inauguration in 2001. Bush delivered remarks at Lewis' funeral.
"You cannot be at home with something that you feel that is wrong," Lewis told NBC News in 2017.
Trump did later acknowledge that Lewis "was a person that devoted a lot of energy and a lot of heart to civil rights" but added "there were many others, also."
Trump did not attend Lewis' memorial service, nor did he pay respects to the lawmaker, who laid in state in the Capitol Rotunda. Lewis' memorial ceremony included eulogies by the former US presidents Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush.
Have you seen John Lewis district? It is like Elijah Cummings from baltimore, rat and drug infested, but those two sure did live pretty well of their $250,000 a year salary...

John Lewis's claim to fame was that he walked across a bridge while holding on to ML King's coat tail. After that Lewis made a decades long career of blaming the white man for everything.
Lewis never had a real job, and lived of the American taxpayer his entire life. ... :cool:

sunni lacks a courtly, ingratiating manner too---maybe he is from Queens

Trump lacks a courtly ingratiating demeanor. He JUST DOES NOT HAVE IT
I don't want a courtly ingratiating demeanor! I don't want a CAREER POLITICIAN!
That is why I VOTED FOR TRUMP!

MAG! KAG! 2020 TRUMP!
Run to the hills you sick buttercups! 2020 is going to be very traumatic!

View attachment 371092

I am a registered democrat and voted for Trump and will vote for him again----you babbling idiot

I don't want a courtly ingratiating demeanor! I don't want a CAREER POLITICIAN!
That is why I VOTED FOR TRUMP!

MAG! KAG! 2020 TRUMP!
Run to the hills you sick buttercups! 2020 is going to be very traumatic!

View attachment 371092

I am a registered democrat and voted for Trump and will vote for him again----you babbling idiot
well thats good and i really mean that ! Trump can be rough around the edges but he has done a lot for all Americans ! i for one have no problem with an America first agenda ! an All Americans Black, White, Asian ,Hispanic, Native, all Americans first !

#WALKOFFTHEPLANTATION
#NOMOREDEMOCRAT4ME
#BLACK4REPUBLICAN
#MAKETHESWITCH
#DRATSFAILEDBLACKS
#WEKNOWJOEHELLNO

John Lewis

John Lewis
Michael A. McCoy/Reuters
John Lewis far outlived his early service to civil rights

at the end he was just a blustering political hack

If Lewis did so many good things for African Americans why are they still in such a state of anger and outrage?....Lewis collected a check and went to all the DC dinner party's and did exactly what his demtard white leadership told him to do...the same dem leadership that spawned the KKK....and remorsed at the passing of a KKK grand cleagle....senator KKK Bird....Lewis was a greedy sucker....

If Lewis did so many good things for African Americans why are they still in such a state of anger and outrage?....Lewis collected a check and went to all the DC dinner party's and did exactly what his demtard white leadership told him to do...the same dem leadership that spawned the KKK....and remorsed at the passing of a KKK grand cleagle....senator KKK Bird....Lewis was a greedy sucker....

with you its NOT just a lack of courtly behavior and charm-------YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS

John Lewis's claim to fame was that he walked across a bridge while holding on to ML King's coat tail. After that Lewis made a decades long career of blaming the white man for everything.
Lewis never had a real job, and lived of the American taxpayer his entire life. ... :cool:

sunni lacks a courtly, ingratiating manner too---maybe he is from Queens
Rosie, I heard that Mohammed rode on Jesus' coattails who rode on Moses' coattails who rode on your coattails.

Lewis? He did more for Black people than Micheal Jordan, Barrack Obama and Donald Trump together.

with you its NOT just a lack of courtly behavior and charm-------YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS
Thank you.....

#WALKOFFTHEPLANTATION
#NOMOREDEMOCRAT4ME
#BLACK4REPUBLICAN
#MAKETHESWITCH
#DRATSFAILEDBLACKS
#WEKNOWJOEHELLNO

John Lewis

John Lewis
Michael A. McCoy/Reuters
President Trump is 100% correct. John Lewis was a race baiter.

It’s wonderful to have a President that isn’t going to parrot media talking points about a scumbag Democrat.

I wouldn't consider it any loss on John Lewis' part not to be acknowledged by Trump.

I have been beaten, my skull fractured, and arrested more than forty times so that each and every person has the right to register and vote. Friends of my gave their lives. Do your part. Get out there and vote like you’ve never voted before. #vote #goodtrouble
— John Lewis (@repjohnlewis) October 22, 2018

That's possibly the dumbest thing I've heard on this site, ever. Even dumber than that is that you actually believe it. And even dumber than THAT, you get to vote. God help the USA.

I wouldn't say that. He can turn it on when it's needed.

But mostly he's a brawler, and that is why I love the man. When the left dishes it out, he spits it back. Any lesser of a man would have caved by now, but not Trump.

That's possibly the dumbest thing I've heard on this site, ever. Even dumber than that is that you actually believe it. And even dumber than THAT, you get to vote. God help the USA.
Well hear it again... Lewis was a race pimp. Like the shit stain Sharpton, Lewis lived his life pimping race and getting rich off it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back