Trump Put 5,000 Taliban Fighters Back In Battle And Tied Biden’s Hands In Afghanistan

When I read this I was skeptical. So I did a search on these Taliban fighters.

What I found was worse.

Not only did trump release 5 thousand Taliban fighters back to battle but he removed sanctions on Taliban leaders.

His peace agreement he signed last year with the Taliban gave a lot of concessions in the name of trying to show " good faith."

The mess in Afghanistan would have happened no matter who was president and no matter what type of so called peace agreement was signed.

The bush boy never should have invaded. He should have handled 9-11 the same way Clinton handled the first World Trade Center bombing. He hunted down all responsible. They were either killed or are rotting in prison for life.

Afghanistan didn't have anything to do with 9-11. bin laden and al queda were in Afghanistan and the Taliban wouldn't help bring them to justice.

So the bush boy made a mess in Afghanistan and let bin laden go at Tora Bora to live in Pakistan for years until Obama found him and had him killed.

Afghanistan and Iraq wars never should have happened. Both were a waste of human life and caused destabilization of the Middle East.

Both wars should end. Both wars were destined from the start to end badly for the United States.

The bush boy was wrong to start them. Obama was wrong to continue them. trump was wrong to make them worse. Hopefully Biden will end both of those wars.
You're so misinformed it's scary, Dana...
What I find amusing is that you think giving the Taliban a country again is going to end conflict. Talk about naive.

Biden has been in office for seven months and he inherited the failed Afghan war from three previous Presidents. A massive offensive against the Taliban was out of the question. Biden would either be impeached or lynched. He had no choice but to withdraw, retreat, evacuate, surrender, whatever term the reader wishes to use. They all mean the same thing -- something the White House should learn.
"The capital, Kabul, could fall in a week."

That prediction was written on Thursday. On Sunday, Kabul fell to the Taliban, and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani fled the country.

Yeah, it didn't take a military genius to know that was going to happen.

The Times reports, "The Taliban effectively sealed their control of Afghanistan on Sunday, pouring into the capital, Kabul, and meeting little resistance as President Ashraf Ghani fled the country, the government collapsed, and chaos and fear gripped the city, with tens of thousands of people trying to escape.

"The insurgents’ return to power, two decades after they were ousted, came despite years and hundreds of billions of dollars spent by the United States to build up the Afghan government and its defense forces. In a lightning offensive, the Taliban swallowed dozens of cities in a matter of days, leaving Kabul as the last major redoubt of government control.

"The Taliban’s lead negotiator in talks with the government, Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, congratulated all of Afghanistan for the victory. “Now it will be shown how we can serve our nation,” he said. “We can assure that our nation has a peaceful life and a better future.'”

“There was no expectation that we would achieve victory in this war,” he said. “But this came with the help of Allah, therefore we should be thankful to Him, be humble in front of Him, so that we do not act arrogantly.”

Afghanistan, The Graveyard of Empires. This outcome was written 20 years. ago.

Is mission creep in our future. I am getting a bit skeptical about all this. Yesterday, it was 3,000 troops. Today, it is 5,000. Will there be more American troops deployed to Afghanistan in the coming days?
ABC News reports, "Another 1,000 soldiers from the Army's 82nd Airborne have been ordered to head directly to Afghanistan's capital instead of Kuwait to assist in the evacuation of U.S. personnel and Afghans who assisted the U.S. mission, a U.S. official told ABC News.

"That brings the total number of U.S. troops being sent back to Afghanistan to 6,000.

"The increase of service members to Kabul follows Gen. Frank McKenzie, the commander of U.S. Central Command, meeting with representatives of the Taliban earlier Sunday in Doha, Qatar, to inform them not to interfere with the U.S. mission at the airport, according to a U.S. official."

Kabul is gone. The troops are not going to Kabul. They are going to the airport.

McKenzie also noted that the U.S. has the firepower to back up its defenses at the airport in Kabul, where the U.S. Embassy was also relocated.

The American embassy is moving to the airport. No one is saying they are withdrawing.

On ABC's "This Week," Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday that relocating the embassy to the airport was "to ensure they can operate safely and securely," but still maintain a core diplomatic presence there.

Some are wondering, does the state department have the Taliban's permission to do that? To the Taliban, America is the invading enemy. Are we to believe the Taliban is going to allow the enemy to operate at their airport?

"The evacuation of American diplomats continues with 500 from the embassy having left on flights so far," ABC.

How many diplomats did we have in Afghanistan?

Then there is this ominous statement from the Pentagon. "We're focused on the mission," Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said. "We are flowing forces in and protecting our operations and our people and that is what Secretary (Lloyd) Austin made clear to commanders today. We are mindful of the security environment and we're focused on the mission."

We have now moved in a few thousand military targets -- not evacuating them -- and our embassy is taking up shop at the Kabul airport. Is the Pentagon begging the Taliban to attack Americans?

LOL. Well, apparently, Biden is against women's rights and the MeToo movement and for discrimination because he is allowing the Taliban to take women right back to the stone age.
No, he is allowing the people of Afghanistan to exercise the "Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government."

Afghanistan like Vietnam and Iraq before them are political not military failures.

UNDERSTAND
The Taliban believe they are fighting a Holy War and dying in that war guarantees their spot in heaven.
Thus, they are not afraid to die.
You cannot defeat an enemy willing to die for his cause.
You can kill him but you cannot defeat them.
The choice has not changed since 2002...
Destroy the Taliban. Every man, woman, child, relative, friend, farm animal, grind them into the earth
or
Give up and go home.
In 2001 when we decided to force an American government down their throats rather than destroy all that could be used in war, we lost.
Just a matter of time.

Biden has made the smart decision.

ABC News reports, "Another 1,000 soldiers from the Army's 82nd Airborne have been ordered to head directly to Afghanistan's capital instead of Kuwait to assist in the eva...
I've been wondering...
What if the withdrawal is a poly to draw the Taliban out into the open.
Drop Special Forces behind their lines and crush them in a pincer attack?

A stupid plan but interesting to contemplate.

President Biden today accepted responsibility for his decision regarding Afghanistan.

"I stand squarely behind my decision," a defiant Biden said.

While admitting to the chaos, which was expected, his plan seems to be working. No American has been killed, and the Taliban seem reluctant to engage U.S. troops, a wise decision on their part.

As the media and others heap criticism on President Biden for the chaos in Afghanistan, two essential factors are being overlooked.

If the Taliban had gradually taken over Afghanistan and had retaken Kandahar and Kabul in two months as expected, the results would have been the same as they are today. In the long run, the rapidity of the Taliban successes will be inconsequential.

The second factor is a military axiom. The enemy does not always do what you want him to do.

That seems rather obvious to the average observer, yet the media is beating up on Biden because they expected the Taliban to have those successes two or three months later, assuming we are leaving.

"Assuming we are leaving?"
Is that an issue to some? Which brings me around to the fact that many are critical of Biden, but they fail to explain the alternatives.

So, now I ask Biden's critics, what did Biden do wrong? What would you have had Biden do differently?

Now before one answers, consider this. So far the Afghan War has lasted 20 years. Little, if anything, has been accomplished. Over 6,000 Americans have been killed, troops and contractors. Over three times that were seriously wounded. So far the war has cost the American government two trillion dollars.

Is there anyone who wants to prolong this war? I ask Biden's critics again to answer the two questions above.

Two weeks from now, if the media allows it, Americans will have forgotten all about Afghanistan. We have our own very serious problems at home, not the least of which is the viral delta variant which is causing havoc, hospitalizations, and deaths.

Two weeks from now Americans will simply be happy the Afghan war is over.

What I found was worse.

Not only did trump release 5 thousand Taliban fighters back to battle but he removed sanctions on Taliban leaders.

His peace agreement he signed last year with the Taliban gave a lot of concessions in the name of trying to show " good faith."

The mess in Afghanistan would have happened no matter who was president and no matter what type of so called peace agreement was signed.

The bush boy never should have invaded. He should have handled 9-11 the same way Clinton handled the first World Trade Center bombing. He hunted down all responsible. They were either killed or are rotting in prison for life.

Afghanistan didn't have anything to do with 9-11. bin laden and al queda were in Afghanistan and the Taliban wouldn't help bring them to justice.

So the bush boy made a mess in Afghanistan and let bin laden go at Tora Bora to live in Pakistan for years until Obama found him and had him killed.

Afghanistan and Iraq wars never should have happened. Both were a waste of human life and caused destabilization of the Middle East.

Both wars should end. Both wars were destined from the start to end badly for the United States.

The bush boy was wrong to start them. Obama was wrong to continue them. trump was wrong to make them worse. Hopefully Biden will end both of those wars.
Trump knew his Doha agreement was designed for Biden to fail ... shrewd in a crazy sort of way.

No, he is allowing the people of Afghanistan to exercise the "Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government."

Afghanistan like Vietnam and Iraq before them are political not military failures.

UNDERSTAND
The Taliban believe they are fighting a Holy War and dying in that war guarantees their spot in heaven.
Thus, they are not afraid to die.
You cannot defeat an enemy willing to die for his cause.
You can kill him but you cannot defeat them.
The choice has not changed since 2002...
Destroy the Taliban. Every man, woman, child, relative, friend, farm animal, grind them into the earth
or
Give up and go home.
In 2001 when we decided to force an American government down their throats rather than destroy all that could be used in war, we lost.
Just a matter of time.

Biden has made the smart decision.
Killing them is good enough.

I love it when we see these stupid uneducated Moon Bats blame Democrat failures on somebody else.

They have advanced it to an artwork.
1) Did trump release Taliban? Doesn't matter the exact number.
2) Did trump release Baradar. This is the BIG ONE.

#2 Did trump release Baradar or NOT?

What I found was worse.

Fucking pathetic!!!

Why didn't Demented Kid groper Joe just issue another EO on Afghanistan?

Forum List

Back