Trump: Pelosi, Schumer ready to make a deal after executive orders

The Dems tried to reach a compromise LAST WEEK but Trump's Chief of Staff killed that.

They were ready to reach a deal from day one

LOL...a third of the dem proposal had nothing to do with the virus.
List it

It's all over the internet.
Surrender accepted. You're full of shit

Why do liberals always seem to be ignorant of the most common knowledge?

Great article. Seems to me that the Democrats stuffed that bill with more pork than a Bob Evans warehouse.
Ya mean like this?

• $1 Trillion in bailout funding to state, local, and territorial governments
  • $25 million bailout to the U.S. postal service
  • $10,000 in federal student loan forgiveness
  • An additional, broader, untargeted round of $1,200 economic impact payments

Yep, and this:

• $125 Million to National Science Foundation
  • $50 Million to Legal Services Corporation
  • $50 Million to the EPA for “environmental justice grants"
  • $10 Million to National Endowment of the Arts
  • Releases almost all ICE detainees, resulting in a near-cessation of immigration enforcement
  • Awards federal funding to illegal sanctuary cities
  • Prevents the deportation of illegal immigrants
  • Extends Medicaid coverage to illegal aliens

The Dems tried to reach a compromise LAST WEEK but Trump's Chief of Staff killed that.

List it

Great article. Seems to me that the Democrats stuffed that bill with more pork than a Bob Evans warehouse.
Ya mean like this?

Yep, and this:

• Releases almost all ICE detainees, resulting in a near-cessation of immigration enforcement
So out of a trillion that “pork” adds up to less than 200 million

oh

List it

Ya mean like this?

Yep, and this:

So out of a trillion that “pork” adds up to less than 200 million

oh

No, because then you add in all the cities they want to bailout who've been going further and further in the hole for years, unrelated to the virus.

It's estimated that we have between 11 million and 20 million illegals. Meeting halfway, let's say 14 million illegals. How do you come up with less than 200 million by providing all of them with Medicaid coverage?

President Trump would have never wrote it if he didn't have the ability to fund it. I don't know how that's done, but I would think that since it's an EO, the House is obligated to fund it.

Your ignorance is astounding.

No, executive orders can ONLY apply to EXECUTIVE agencies where funds have already been funded. For instance, DACA utilized personnel and resources that had already been allocated to ICE.

There's no money for these iniatives, that's what makes them meaningless. When people realize that money isn't coming, they are going to realize Trump lied again.

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump tweeted.

They were ready to make a deal all along. It's the do-nothing republican't senate that didn't want a deal.

True, the Democrats passed legislation back in May.

They passed a candystore of liberal wants that cost a fortune...this is a bill to help americans not to be stuffed with environmental crap and handouts and giveaways
How come it took them two months to get around to making their own suggestions?

Thats a deflection from what the thread is about and I dont know that it in fact took them 2 months, you would have to demonstrate that. Even if thats true it doesnt change that Pelosi put more unrelated democrat wishlist crap into the bill and held up relief to americans that need it badly
It's not a deflection, it's the topic. A deal on coronavirus relief legislation. You just don't like the point I made. The heros act was passed by the house and sent to the Senate two months ago, where the self-proclaimed "grim reaper of legislation" (aka Moscow Mitch McConnell) let it sit on his desk and said they didn't think they needed any more stimulus.

Those are facts. Get over it.

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump tweeted.

They were ready to make a deal all along. It's the do-nothing republican't senate that didn't want a deal.

They passed a candystore of liberal wants that cost a fortune...this is a bill to help americans not to be stuffed with environmental crap and handouts and giveaways
Its an EO.

The bill contains a new FBI building and remodeling the White House.

The bill the House passed had aid to the States. The EO has none.

Pelosi tried to stick in the bill voting rules to benefit democrats, enviromental crap that was unrelated and many other like candystore crap then held up aid to americans because of it. Trump was right to sign those exec orders and end the democrat BS in the house
Post some of these things.

Its an EO.

Pelosi tried to stick in the bill voting rules to benefit democrats, enviromental crap that was unrelated and many other like candystore crap then held up aid to americans because of it. Trump was right to sign those exec orders and end the democrat BS in the house

I agree with the Executive Orders although they provide inferior relief. The House did it's job; the Senate is missing in action.
Only one was an EO, it directs a study of whether an eviction and for closure moratorium is needed. The rest are unfunded memoranda. Nothing more.

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell pushed Democrats and the White House to restart coronavirus relief talks on Tuesday as an impasse over aid leaves millions scrambling to cover bills.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows last met Friday, when their negotiations stalled. The sides have not huddled since, even as the expiration of lifelines last month leaves many Americans facing the prospect of financial ruin."

McTreason must be concerned about keeping his job. Cuz he certainly doesn't care about Americans.

How come it took them two months to get around to making their own suggestions?

Thats a deflection from what the thread is about and I dont know that it in fact took them 2 months, you would have to demonstrate that. Even if thats true it doesnt change that Pelosi put more unrelated democrat wishlist crap into the bill and held up relief to americans that need it badly

Its taken more than 2 months. In fact, the GOP lead Senate has still done nothing beyond the CARES act. Its as if they are unaware of the problems facing the nation.

Candy get a grip :) read more and be honest
What did she say that was dishonest?

'cause I don't see anything dishonest.

Its an EO.

I agree with the Executive Orders although they provide inferior relief. The House did it's job; the Senate is missing in action.
Only one was an EO, it directs a study of whether an eviction and for closure moratorium is needed. The rest are unfunded memoranda. Nothing more.

As I understand it; the extension of unemployment benefits is going to be done with FEMA monies that were already allocated. Its predicted to last about 5 weeks at the much reduced stipend.

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell pushed Democrats and the White House to restart coronavirus relief talks on Tuesday as an impasse over aid leaves millions scrambling to cover bills.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows last met Friday, when their negotiations stalled. The sides have not huddled since, even as the expiration of lifelines last month leaves many Americans facing the prospect of financial ruin."

McTreason must be concerned about keeping his job. Cuz he certainly doesn't care about Americans.
Moscow Mitch needs to go.

Its an EO.

As I understand it; the extension of unemployment benefits is going to be done with FEMA monies that were already allocated. Its predicted to last about 5 weeks at the much reduced stipend.
And when FEMA needs funds?

They're screwed.

President Trump would have never wrote it if he didn't have the ability to fund it. I don't know how that's done, but I would think that since it's an EO, the House is obligated to fund it.

Your ignorance is astounding.

No, executive orders can ONLY apply to EXECUTIVE agencies where funds have already been funded. For instance, DACA utilized personnel and resources that had already been allocated to ICE.

There's no money for these iniatives, that's what makes them meaningless. When people realize that money isn't coming, they are going to realize Trump lied again.

Or they will give him credit for trying and blame the Democrats in the House for not supplying said money.

Forum List

Back