Trump: Pelosi, Schumer ready to make a deal after executive orders

Toxic News Fox leads cable news in ratings, But Broadcast News Is Real News to everyone else.
All three of the network newscasts, which air at 6:30 p.m., draw more viewers than Fox News’s prime-time shows, with Mr. Muir more than doubling Mr. Hannity’s average in July.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Evictions Now UP! Unemployment Relief Now Down--For Months--then Lapsing! Payroll Tax Bill For Year-end Holidays, instead! Rich kids get relief from student loans--and no jobs!)

(Matthew 25:14-30: You can't just make the stuff up like that(?)--of the Republican Prayers!)

Trump's EO included a national restriction on evictions, which I am against. As a landlord myself, I have no problem with people being protected against evictions if they are a victim of Covid. I do however have a problem with protecting all people being evicted whether it was Covid related or not.

It doesn't matter, the eviction thing is as meaningless as his other EO's.

Trump's EO included a national restriction on evictions, which I am against. As a landlord myself, I have no problem with people being protected against evictions if they are a victim of Covid. I do however have a problem with protecting all people being evicted whether it was Covid related or not.

An EO is valid unless somebody has a court to stop it. The Democrats may not do that given the situation Trump put them in.

An EO is valid unless somebody has a court to stop it. The Democrats may not do that given the situation Trump put them in.
Democrats called Trumps hand and now they have boxed themselves into a corner.. Trump has given out much needed aid and taken away the hostages (We The People) they were using as leverage. If they challenge this in court it will be democrats taking it away inside 80 days from a presidential election... Over 60 house seats are now in play and democrats are running scared as shit.. It appears we will control the Senate and now we may get the house to boot. The voters who are bull shitting the pollsters are at it again so they dont have a clue who is ahead and some are stating that very fact today.

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump tweeted.

I don't care what the leftists say, President Trump is brilliant.

He set himself up for a win-win situation. In all cases when there is a stalemate, the MSM always blames the Republicans. If it's the Republican Congress, they blame them. If it's a Republican President, they blame him. After all, when was the last time the MSM reported a government shutdown was the Democrats fault? Never.

Trump issued this EO knowing it wouldn't stand in court. But if the Dems want to take it there, he can say they stopped him from helping the people. If they understand what he's doing and not take it to court to stop Trump, he gets everything he listed in the EO, and again, take complete credit for it.

No matter what the Dems do, they are going to look bad, and again, that's the brilliant move by President Trump.

Apparently they know they've been checkmated, and now have to try and figure something out.

It is a dumb move but you are too stupid to know that. There is no eviction moratorium so people can be evicted. Payments if any will take months. People will blame Trump and the Republicans when at the end of August people are being evicted and no payments are forthcoming.

I can understand your position, you still have to pay taxs and water bills etc. However the situation is people with kids who dont have the corona virus may still have been put out of work and have no income. To allow them to be evicted makes them homeless, through no fault of their own, its not like their bums or dont want to work. Its a kind damned if you do damned if you dont

Two points on that: For one, if somebody lost their job because of the virus, again, I'm okay with protection IF they have no income. Two, unemployment with the fed subsidies pay a lot of people more than when they were working. So if you were paying rent okay while working, why would you not be able to pay when you're bringing home more money? Or should I say, staying home for more money?

I've been a landlord for over 25 years now. Like any other group of people, some tenants can be irresponsible. If we had a general overall protection for all tenants, some might take that money and spend it foolishly because they can legally not pay rent. If there was a law protecting them, it doesn't mean they get free rent. You still have to pay all that back rent for the months they didn't pay, and then they will be in serious debt.

Eventually it will end up in the courts and be time consuming and costly for both. Fortunately for me, all my tenants are working and paying rent as usual. But they are such good tenants that if anybody ran into trouble because of the virus, I wouldn't need a law to help them out. I value their residency here.

Democrats called Trumps hand and now they have boxed themselves into a corner.. Trump has given out much needed aid and taken away the hostages (We The People) they were using as leverage. If they challenge this in court it will be democrats taking it away inside 80 days from a presidential election... Over 60 house seats are now in play and democrats are running scared as shit.. It appears we will control the Senate and now we may get the house to boot. The voters who are bull shitting the pollsters are at it again so they dont have a clue who is ahead and some are stating that very fact today.

This was a brilliant strategy by the Trump team. Any conflict between a President and an opposition House gets blamed on the Republicans no matter what. If it's a Republican House, they get blamed for the stalling. If it's a Democrat House and a Republican President, he gets blamed. When was the last time we had a government shutdown that wasn't the fault of Republicans according the the MSM?

Trump disabled them from pulling that stunt this time with his EO. If they don't challenge it, the EO goes as ordered and Trump gets all the credit. If they do go to court and stop him, Trump can honestly say he tried to get people the help, but the Democrats stopped him via the courts.

He's in a win-win situation, and the Democrats don't know whether to shit or go blind.

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump tweeted.

He is a liar. Worth noting that Democrats have said they are willing to resume negotiations quite publicly. This is not BAILOUT MONEY. Even Republican led states have seen the coronavirus blow holes in their budgets. REPUBLICAN Mike DeWine has said there will be massive budget cuts unless they get help.

I thought McConnell said no bailouts, oh that's right it was only when it was "blue" states being effected. Wonder how that goes down now?

Trump signing exec orders has nothing to do with McConnell, aside from that Politicians change their minds all the time, nothing new.

And the dems aren't suing over the EO's. They think the EO's will be ineffective and leave Trump holding not only the body bag count but also evictions and people having to rely upon food banks.

I think Schumer and Pelosi would prefer Trump return to negotiating and give them both more in UI, with reductions tied to the unemployment rate, and something between the 150 billion the gop offered, and the 900+billion, the dems wanted in state aid. But this game with Trump has played out twice before, with the person leaving the table losing … and Trump left the table.

well of course they wanna make a deal,,Trump is about to hit a 60% approval because of his actions
It really gets under the skin of liberals when Trump's poll numbers get so high.

Because they know how skewed the polls are, and if Trump is even 50% favorable, that's real trouble for them.

I was listening to Limbaugh today. He said that although Fox news has been the number one news station on cable for many years, they are now the number one news station across the board including the major news stations on free television.

If this is true, it's real trouble for the Democrats. I don't doubt Rush's research because he usually doesn't say anything that can't be supported.

Bullshit. The polls are not skewed. I guess you need to believe something to escape reality. Limnaugh is nothing but a hack. He is incapable of telling the truth.

So what you are saying is that Fox is not the leader in all network news cable or otherwise? I await your link to this assertion.

Fox is a propaganda outfit and nothing more. I can count the number of real journalists they have on 1 hand. They are the leader in propaganda. They are the leader in propaganda. Rasmussen did a poll sveral years ago on who was the leader in fake news and Fox won hands down.

"A plurality of Americans in a new poll think that Fox News deserves the first "Fake News Trophy."

A new poll from the conservative-leaning Rasmussen finds 40 percent of respondents think Fox News should get the Fake News Trophy, which was first suggested by President Trump earlier this week in a tweet.

The second place winner, according to the poll, was CNN, which received 25 percent support.

MSNBC followed CNN with 9 percent, and ABC, CBS and NBC each received less than 5 percent support for the Fake News Trophy."

He set himself up for a win-win situation. In all cases when there is a stalemate, the MSM always blames the Republicans. If it's the Republican Congress, they blame them. If it's a Republican President, they blame him. After all, when was the last time the MSM reported a government shutdown was the Democrats fault? Never.

Trump issued this EO knowing it wouldn't stand in court. But if the Dems want to take it there, he can say they stopped him from helping the people. If they understand what he's doing and not take it to court to stop Trump, he gets everything he listed in the EO, and again, take complete credit for it.

No matter what the Dems do, they are going to look bad, and again, that's the brilliant move by President Trump.

Apparently they know they've been checkmated, and now have to try and figure something out.

It is a dumb move but you are too stupid to know that. There is no eviction moratorium so people can be evicted. Payments if any will take months. People will blame Trump and the Republicans when at the end of August people are being evicted and no payments are forthcoming.

No it did not. It directed HUD to study ways to stop evictions. There is no eviction moratorium. The Democrat bill contains money for housing assistance which would lassen the need for a eviction moratorium.

They have been trying to make deals for two months it is the president and the Senate which has drug its feet through the process...

Bullshit. The non-relevant pork shoved into the package while Americans suffer tells me that the Democrats have been fully prepared to drag feet and have no sense of urgency.

Trump tried to slip money for a new FBI building that would be across the street from one of his hotels. Republicans have money for the military in their bill. What does that have to do with Covid?

The problem is it does nothing. There is no eviction moratorium. It will take months if ever for any checks to arrive. It is also very unlikely that workers will see anything from the payroll tax deferral. There is nothing here. Of course Trump will blame states and businesses which is what this is all about. It will become apparent by Sept 1 how empty these EOs are.

They have been trying to make deals for two months it is the president and the Senate which has drug its feet through the process...

Bullshit. The non-relevant pork shoved into the package while Americans suffer tells me that the Democrats have been fully prepared to drag feet and have no sense of urgency.

Trump tried to slip money for a new FBI building that would be across the street from one of his hotels. Republicans have money for the military in their bill. What does that have to do with Covid?

Admittedly not much, the FBI has been clamoring that they need more space, Im not aware of the GOP adding military funding to the covid bill

I do know Pelosi added relief money for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS and slid in the bill a comprehensive mail in voting section and large environmental grants to liberal companies and other stuff....It was absolutely ridiculous what she shoved in that bill and the intent was Not to get it passed but to assure it didnt pass and it backfired on her...Trump stuck it to her with exec orders and made her look like a Fool

No it did not. It directed HUD to study ways to stop evictions. There is no eviction moratorium. The Democrat bill contains money for housing assistance which would lassen the need for a eviction moratorium.

Trump said time and again HES FOR an eviction moratorium extension which hasnt run out yet and he said he would sign and exec order on it if congress didnt pass it

Trump has not given anything. Voters will see how meaningless these EOs are at the end of the month. Democrats don't have to do anything. Trump has stopped himself. The Republicans are the ones running scared. Graham is in a virtual tie in SC. Perdue has a narrowing lead in Georgia.

Trump said time and again HES FOR an eviction moratorium extension which hasnt run out yet and he said he would sign and exec order on it if congress didnt pass it
The EO is already signed. all democrat leverage to get their wish list is gone...

Forum List

Back