Trump: Pelosi, Schumer ready to make a deal after executive orders

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump tweeted.

They have been trying to make deals for two months it is the president and the Senate which has drug its feet through the process...

Bullshit. The non-relevant pork shoved into the package while Americans suffer tells me that the Democrats have been fully prepared to drag feet and have no sense of urgency.

Trump tried to slip money for a new FBI building that would be across the street from one of his hotels. Republicans have money for the military in their bill. What does that have to do with Covid?

Ok. You found a shred of irrelevant pulled pork from Trump. Compare that to the irrelevant butt and shoulders of pork the Democrats are shoving into the bill. It’s more likely to delay.

1. Seven states had no moratorium on evictions at all--Red voters--and most others let their eviction moratoriums expire. That leaves the federal mandate an advisory suggestion only. Out go the Red voters from their housing.
2. There is no federal money authorized for unemployment enhancement, so it comes out of a different authority--requiring the states to put in place the bureaucracy offices and paperwork to even start it--much less add $100.00 per week. California does not have the $700 mil. per week for the four or so weeks. The Trumped-Up Attempted Murder of US National started August 1, to go into full-gear, big time: September 1, 2020. About 9/1/20 is a deadline across many likely cannot cross.
3. The Payroll Tax is only deferred, so due year-end. Many employers will continue the deductions from payrolls as usual.
4. If you have a student loan, and still no job: You still need to live a home, if at all(?)! More likely Mom and/or Dad get evicted!

5. The Federal Rules have not materialized, and the Courts need see lawful standing to bring any lawsuits. Delay, Delay, Delay--Mnuchin suggests even two more weeks, after this week.

(Matthew 25:14-30: You can't just make the stuff up like that(?)--of the Republican Prayers!)

Last edited:
And the dems aren't suing over the EO's. They think the EO's will be ineffective and leave Trump holding not only the body bag count but also evictions and people having to rely upon food banks.

I think Schumer and Pelosi would prefer Trump return to negotiating and give them both more in UI, with reductions tied to the unemployment rate, and something between the 150 billion the gop offered, and the 900+billion, the dems wanted in state aid. But this game with Trump has played out twice before, with the person leaving the table losing … and Trump left the table.

The House bill does tie the amount of money to the unewmployment rate. As the unemployment rate drops, so does the payment. I do think the Democrats are closer on the amount of state aid needed. Nearly every state had rainy day funds and were on sound fiscal footing. Red and blue states are having to make severe budget cuts. Trump claims these states are poorly run. Missouri had to make drastic budget cuts so is the Republican Governor running the state poorly? I would love to see Democrats run a ad against the Republican Governor that says even Donald Trump agrees that the GOP Governor is running the state poorly.

The Dems tried to reach a compromise LAST WEEK but Trump's Chief of Staff killed that.

They were ready to reach a deal from day one

LOL...a third of the dem proposal had nothing to do with the virus.
List it

It's all over the internet.
Surrender accepted. You're full of shit

Why do liberals always seem to be ignorant of the most common knowledge?

Re-stating for the Oblivious:

(About the Memorandum(s) and Executive Order, so-called rescue)

The federal boost also wouldn’t be automatic — states would have to request the assistance and have a system in place to deliver the aid.

More likely Republicans are praying for a Communist lawsuit--so clearly one initiated by someone Republican. That someone could be Congressrep Lamborn, shown(?)! Stimulus One was less Communist, less Keynesian, zero laizzez-faire: And so more Anarchist, able to happen anywhere, without borders, worldwide.

(Matthew 25:14-30: You can't just make the stuff up like that(?)--of the Republican Prayers!)

An EO is valid unless somebody has a court to stop it. The Democrats may not do that given the situation Trump put them in.

uh, no, an EO can't allocate money that isn't available... this is where you are a bit confused.

So Trump can say, "I'm giving the unemployed an extra $400 a week", but if the states don't pay it out because they don't have it, the Unemployed is pretty quickly going to figure out Trump lied to them.

An EO is valid unless somebody has a court to stop it. The Democrats may not do that given the situation Trump put them in.

uh, no, an EO can't allocate money that isn't available... this is where you are a bit confused.

So Trump can say, "I'm giving the unemployed an extra $400 a week", but if the states don't pay it out because they don't have it, the Unemployed is pretty quickly going to figure out Trump lied to them.

President Trump would have never wrote it if he didn't have the ability to fund it. I don't know how that's done, but I would think that since it's an EO, the House is obligated to fund it.

Last edited:
The Dems tried to reach a compromise LAST WEEK but Trump's Chief of Staff killed that.

List it

Great article. Seems to me that the Democrats stuffed that bill with more pork than a Bob Evans warehouse.

President Trump on Monday said Democratic leaders suddenly want to make a deal on a coronavirus relief package after he blew past the stalled negotiations with executive orders to send aid to Americans.

He said Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spent the weekend decrying the executive action as illegal, sent word they want to meet with him.

“So now Schumer and Pelosi want to meet to make a deal. Amazing how it all works, isn’t it. Where have they been for the last 4 weeks when they were ‘hardliners’, and only wanted BAILOUT MONEY for Democrat run states and cities that are failing badly? They know my phone number!” Mr. Trump tweeted.

I don't care what the leftists say, President Trump is brilliant.

He set himself up for a win-win situation. In all cases when there is a stalemate, the MSM always blames the Republicans. If it's the Republican Congress, they blame them. If it's a Republican President, they blame him. After all, when was the last time the MSM reported a government shutdown was the Democrats fault? Never.

Trump issued this EO knowing it wouldn't stand in court. But if the Dems want to take it there, he can say they stopped him from helping the people. If they understand what he's doing and not take it to court to stop Trump, he gets everything he listed in the EO, and again, take complete credit for it.

No matter what the Dems do, they are going to look bad, and again, that's the brilliant move by President Trump.

Apparently they know they've been checkmated, and now have to try and figure something out.

It is a dumb move but you are too stupid to know that. There is no eviction moratorium so people can be evicted. Payments if any will take months. People will blame Trump and the Republicans when at the end of August people are being evicted and no payments are forthcoming.

Trump's EO included a national restriction on evictions, which I am against. As a landlord myself, I have no problem with people being protected against evictions if they are a victim of Covid. I do however have a problem with protecting all people being evicted whether it was Covid related or not.

No it did not. It directed HUD to study ways to stop evictions. There is no eviction moratorium. The Democrat bill contains money for housing assistance which would lassen the need for a eviction moratorium.

Trump said time and again HES FOR an eviction moratorium extension which hasnt run out yet and he said he would sign and exec order on it if congress didnt pass it

The eviction protection had to run out because my worthless HUD neighbors were evicted last week. Our court would have never processed it if it were illegal. Thank God it did expire so those worthless pigs could be thrown out.

Trump's EO included a national restriction on evictions, which I am against. As a landlord myself, I have no problem with people being protected against evictions if they are a victim of Covid. I do however have a problem with protecting all people being evicted whether it was Covid related or not.

It doesn't matter, the eviction thing is as meaningless as his other EO's.

The problem is it does nothing. There is no eviction moratorium. It will take months if ever for any checks to arrive. It is also very unlikely that workers will see anything from the payroll tax deferral. There is nothing here. Of course Trump will blame states and businesses which is what this is all about. It will become apparent by Sept 1 how empty these EOs are.

Trump didn't issue the EO for it to actually happen, he issued the EO to stop the MSM from blaming him for the stalemate. It's what they do each and every time.

Trump turned the tables on them. He can't be blamed, but the Democrats can if they get a court to stop the EO.

I don't care what the leftists say, President Trump is brilliant.

He set himself up for a win-win situation. In all cases when there is a stalemate, the MSM always blames the Republicans. If it's the Republican Congress, they blame them. If it's a Republican President, they blame him. After all, when was the last time the MSM reported a government shutdown was the Democrats fault? Never.

Trump issued this EO knowing it wouldn't stand in court. But if the Dems want to take it there, he can say they stopped him from helping the people. If they understand what he's doing and not take it to court to stop Trump, he gets everything he listed in the EO, and again, take complete credit for it.

No matter what the Dems do, they are going to look bad, and again, that's the brilliant move by President Trump.

Apparently they know they've been checkmated, and now have to try and figure something out.

It is a dumb move but you are too stupid to know that. There is no eviction moratorium so people can be evicted. Payments if any will take months. People will blame Trump and the Republicans when at the end of August people are being evicted and no payments are forthcoming.

No it did not. It directed HUD to study ways to stop evictions. There is no eviction moratorium. The Democrat bill contains money for housing assistance which would lassen the need for a eviction moratorium.

HUD doesn't need any more money. They have too much as it is. They are paying for their lowlifes to live in suburban areas and destroying them at the same time. If they need more money, let them remove these people from the burbs and move them into the inner-city where they belong. It will save them hundreds of millions of dollars.

well of course they wanna make a deal,,Trump is about to hit a 60% approval because of his actions
It really gets under the skin of liberals when Trump's poll numbers get so high.

Because they know how skewed the polls are, and if Trump is even 50% favorable, that's real trouble for them.

I was listening to Limbaugh today. He said that although Fox news has been the number one news station on cable for many years, they are now the number one news station across the board including the major news stations on free television.

If this is true, it's real trouble for the Democrats. I don't doubt Rush's research because he usually doesn't say anything that can't be supported.

Bullshit. The polls are not skewed. I guess you need to believe something to escape reality. Limnaugh is nothing but a hack. He is incapable of telling the truth.

So what you are saying is that Fox is not the leader in all network news cable or otherwise? I await your link to this assertion.

Fox is a propaganda outfit and nothing more. I can count the number of real journalists they have on 1 hand. They are the leader in propaganda. They are the leader in propaganda. Rasmussen did a poll sveral years ago on who was the leader in fake news and Fox won hands down.

"A plurality of Americans in a new poll think that Fox News deserves the first "Fake News Trophy."

A new poll from the conservative-leaning Rasmussen finds 40 percent of respondents think Fox News should get the Fake News Trophy, which was first suggested by President Trump earlier this week in a tweet.

The second place winner, according to the poll, was CNN, which received 25 percent support.

MSNBC followed CNN with 9 percent, and ABC, CBS and NBC each received less than 5 percent support for the Fake News Trophy."

Can you tell me how that poll is anywhere possible when Fox beats all those networks with their hands tied behind their back? If a large percentage of people think that Fox is fake news, why would they always be watching it? I think CNN is fake news, and I never turn it on.

And the dems aren't suing over the EO's. They think the EO's will be ineffective and leave Trump holding not only the body bag count but also evictions and people having to rely upon food banks.

I think Schumer and Pelosi would prefer Trump return to negotiating and give them both more in UI, with reductions tied to the unemployment rate, and something between the 150 billion the gop offered, and the 900+billion, the dems wanted in state aid. But this game with Trump has played out twice before, with the person leaving the table losing … and Trump left the table.

They want bailouts and to change our entire election system. It isn't going to fly by Trump or the Republican Senate.

He is a liar. Worth noting that Democrats have said they are willing to resume negotiations quite publicly. This is not BAILOUT MONEY. Even Republican led states have seen the coronavirus blow holes in their budgets. REPUBLICAN Mike DeWine has said there will be massive budget cuts unless they get help.

I thought McConnell said no bailouts, oh that's right it was only when it was "blue" states being effected. Wonder how that goes down now?

Trump signing exec orders has nothing to do with McConnell, aside from that Politicians change their minds all the time, nothing new.

So now bailouts are good?

Meanwhile average americans working tirelessly to hang on by a thread are struggling. When those in charge are all super wealthy this is what happens.

List it

Great article. Seems to me that the Democrats stuffed that bill with more pork than a Bob Evans warehouse.
Ya mean like this?

• $1 Trillion in bailout funding to state, local, and territorial governments
  • $25 million bailout to the U.S. postal service
  • $10,000 in federal student loan forgiveness
  • An additional, broader, untargeted round of $1,200 economic impact payments

If the $1200 checks aren't a part of the package it would be missing alot of economical help.

They want bailouts and to change our entire election system.
Ya mean voting by mail...which many states already have (ALL states have absentee balloting) in the middle of a pandemic that has claimed over 160,000 lives already?

And like a national ban on Voter-ID, which has zero to do with the virus. They are using the American people in need to push forth their leftist agendas.

Forum List

Back