Trump on a 2024 GOP primary vs. Ron DeSantis: 'I'd beat him like I would beat everyone else'

Well, shit you are correct. I can see how you took it that way, my wording was pretty shitty.

I was trying to convey that his followers are so devout they built a golden statue of him. I apologize for accusing you of lying
I don't think in the bigger picture it is akin to idolitry though. It was artwork that a 61 year old artist made to sell at the conference to raise money...Now, if you would have had the conference open each day by pledging feality to it for instance you may have a point, but it was just a silly stunt at a convention...Not like that's never happened before....

The broader picture though is that we have to stop with these gross exagerations of our political opponents simply because they believe in a differing political vision than ourselves...It's divisive, and unproductive...What ever happened to trying to find points we agree on, rather than weaponizing points we disagree on?

Of course I do, but in this instance here, this wasn’t something that Donald Trump commissioned as you falsely tried to smear him with.

This I think came out of a CPAC a few years ago, and was meant as a joke. That liberals were obviously triggered by it is probably an indication of why they did it.

ORLANDO, Fla. — A bizarre gold statue of former President Trump clad in sandals and waving a magic wand is currently on sale at CPAC — for anyone with a cool $100,000 to spend.

“He’s wearing a business suit because he’s a business man. The red tie represents the Republican party, the red white and blue shorts represent the fact that he’s a patriot,” the artist Tommy Zegan told The Post. The sandals, he said, reflect how Trump was in his golden years and could be retired and “on the beach” if he wanted to.

Zegan, 61, named the piece “Trump and his Magic Wand” and said it took him a year to create. The wand, he added, refers to an obscure Obama crack about Trump needing a “magic wand” to bring back US-based jobs.

The statue is currently on display with other Trumpy merchandise at the annual GOP confab.

fyi That was after he lost the election, and just a few months ago.

I never even implied Trump did so. Why would you lie about such a thing?

Nope, this year. Even your link says so....February 27, 2021

And you still cannot see the irony of a bunch of Christians and a golden statue.
Ok....
fyi That was after he lost the election, and just a few months ago.
Ok....So what? As liberals said in the wake of 'Piss Jesus' "It's just art"....

Imagine the Respectability the GOP would have, if they told their base to go to Perdition and nominated Colin Powell in 2024. The collegiality that he would enjoy with the media would just raise the Republicans to a level where they would be invited to events by the rulling Democrats. A new level of civility would be achieved in an era of good feelings where there would be no animosity during the debates

Hahahahaa. You think the demleftists and their media allies will play nice with a republican. There’s only 40 years of research proving you wrong.

basquebromance
Oh Trump all the way. DeSantis is a great Governor but not in Trump's league.

Exactly.Desantis is the best governor the states ever had but Trump is a businessman,best damn republican president sense our last conservative republican president we had Calvin Coolidge and best damn president we had sense Kennedy. Coolidge used to be the best republican president of the 20th century but Trump now has those honors.

Forum List

Back