Trump offers 'large sums' for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine

Herd immunity is the thing over here. It is going to be grim after a decade of closing down the NHS. Apparently 10k nurses have left the UK since brexit.
Its good that Germany is standing up for humanity.

The Herd Immunity is very dangerous when there is no vaccine yet. This is madness from Boris, WTF is he thinking. Not sure about Merkel it takes nearly 5,000 infected and many dead before she even agrees to shut border with us. WE have been on this from day one, we shut our border with Italy we got 206 of our peoples out of Italy on a Chartered Flight, we have mass texted our peoples in the UK telling them we consider UK a danger and for them to return home ASAP, we have shut all cinemas, theatres, and sports stadiums and bars and restaurants, all we have open is food stores and for medicines and banks and have now ordered that no public gathering of more than 5 peoples and that nobody to go out unless for food.

We have been working 24/7 on this, I work in our Ministry of Interior and we consider this our duty to protect the peoples, it was CRUCIAL to close the border with Italy and to ban all flights from China, South Korea, Iran, Italy and now ban all flights from France, Spain, UK this is why we have not massive amount of infected and dead like our friends across the border in Italy who have 24,747 Total Cases, 1,809 Deaths, 20,603 Active Cases, 1,672 in Critical Condition. Our situation is 1,108 Active Cases, 3 Deaths, 1,007 Active Cases and 12 in Critical Condition.

We are taking this VERY seriously and it is shocking that the UK Government is not.
It sounds a lot more structured than over here. Actions have been taken in spite of the government and there is a lack of any leadership.My wife works in a local hospital that is 100% elective surgery. They are waiting to cancal all ops so that their beds can be used for corona victims .her friend nurses at a private hospital and all patients booked in have been told that they may get cancelled at short notice.My own operation follow up is pending the outbreak. But kids are still going to school and concerts are still taking place.
Our Prime Minister has told us we will lose "loved ones". Happy days.

Boris ignoring the WHO advice also, the WHO advice is the type of things we have been doing for weeks already:

View attachment 312794

Boris instead of doing what we all are doing decides to be the ONLY nation on this Continent to decide the INSANITY of adopting a Herd Immunity approach when there is NOT a vaccine yet. This is almost CRIMINAL to play games with peoples lives like he is doing.

As of now the time 8.07PM our COVID-19 situation is:

Total Cases 2.013, New Cases 367, Total Deaths, 6, New Deaths 2, Total Recovered 9 (6 include the ones I mention in my post # 57 that we gave Chloroquine (Resochin) to) Active Cases 1.998, Serious/Critical 12.

The Total Deaths 6 I add that 4 of those dead are Turkish and 6 of the Serious/Critical 12 they also are Turkish.

So the reason why we have New Cases, this NOT because more get infected ie. spreading the COVID-19, the reason is because we are doing mass testing, it is with this mass testing that we are finding WHO has COVID-19 and when we get them we isolate and contain them this to prevent spreading. This is why it is CRUCIAL that nations to be doing mass testing as without you do NOT know who has it and if you do NOT know who has it you can not isolate and contain it.
We are not mass testing and our pubs and clubs were packed for St Patricks Day this week. My wife works in the NHS and she has been given conflicting advice on two separate occasions this week. My son starts a new job next week and has been told to turn up for a weeks induction to be followed by 3 months of working from home. His employers are making it up themselves because there is no leadership.

Mass testing is crucial this is how we are managing to isolate and contain it. We are also using the Anti-Terrorism Technology that we have used to protect the nation against Terrorist Threats. We are using these things to help deal with COVID-19, we are using Real-Time Tracking of infected peoples phones to determine any quarantine breaks and also we are back tracking through meta-data to find out where any peoples breaks had been and ALL the peoples they had contacted. If ANYONE is discovered to have break quarantine they will be automatically arrested. We have so far had minimal breaks which is good peoples are taking this seriously.

Some peoples might think this a violation of privacy, but at these times fuck privacy. We must use every tool that we think is going to help.

The situation you have with pubs and clubs open is not good, they should not be open. You should have a limit of 5 peoples only to gather in one place. All your restaurants etc should be now to take away only and to deliver only.

Your wife must be careful as a health worker as we have a lot of health workers affected because they are on the front line. I think the advice your son has is correct, but I agree from what I am reading that your Government is changing advice on a daily basis there is no consistency and this of course is why it is all confusing for Britain.

Herd immunity is the thing over here. It is going to be grim after a decade of closing down the NHS. Apparently 10k nurses have left the UK since brexit.

The Herd Immunity is very dangerous when there is no vaccine yet. This is madness from Boris, WTF is he thinking. Not sure about Merkel it takes nearly 5,000 infected and many dead before she even agrees to shut border with us. WE have been on this from day one, we shut our border with Italy we got 206 of our peoples out of Italy on a Chartered Flight, we have mass texted our peoples in the UK telling them we consider UK a danger and for them to return home ASAP, we have shut all cinemas, theatres, and sports stadiums and bars and restaurants, all we have open is food stores and for medicines and banks and have now ordered that no public gathering of more than 5 peoples and that nobody to go out unless for food.

We have been working 24/7 on this, I work in our Ministry of Interior and we consider this our duty to protect the peoples, it was CRUCIAL to close the border with Italy and to ban all flights from China, South Korea, Iran, Italy and now ban all flights from France, Spain, UK this is why we have not massive amount of infected and dead like our friends across the border in Italy who have 24,747 Total Cases, 1,809 Deaths, 20,603 Active Cases, 1,672 in Critical Condition. Our situation is 1,108 Active Cases, 3 Deaths, 1,007 Active Cases and 12 in Critical Condition.

We are taking this VERY seriously and it is shocking that the UK Government is not.
It sounds a lot more structured than over here. Actions have been taken in spite of the government and there is a lack of any leadership.My wife works in a local hospital that is 100% elective surgery. They are waiting to cancal all ops so that their beds can be used for corona victims .her friend nurses at a private hospital and all patients booked in have been told that they may get cancelled at short notice.My own operation follow up is pending the outbreak. But kids are still going to school and concerts are still taking place.

Boris ignoring the WHO advice also, the WHO advice is the type of things we have been doing for weeks already:

View attachment 312794

Boris instead of doing what we all are doing decides to be the ONLY nation on this Continent to decide the INSANITY of adopting a Herd Immunity approach when there is NOT a vaccine yet. This is almost CRIMINAL to play games with peoples lives like he is doing.

Total Cases 2.013, New Cases 367, Total Deaths, 6, New Deaths 2, Total Recovered 9 (6 include the ones I mention in my post # 57 that we gave Chloroquine (Resochin) to) Active Cases 1.998, Serious/Critical 12.

The Total Deaths 6 I add that 4 of those dead are Turkish and 6 of the Serious/Critical 12 they also are Turkish.

So the reason why we have New Cases, this NOT because more get infected ie. spreading the COVID-19, the reason is because we are doing mass testing, it is with this mass testing that we are finding WHO has COVID-19 and when we get them we isolate and contain them this to prevent spreading. This is why it is CRUCIAL that nations to be doing mass testing as without you do NOT know who has it and if you do NOT know who has it you can not isolate and contain it.
We are not mass testing and our pubs and clubs were packed for St Patricks Day this week. My wife works in the NHS and she has been given conflicting advice on two separate occasions this week. My son starts a new job next week and has been told to turn up for a weeks induction to be followed by 3 months of working from home. His employers are making it up themselves because there is no leadership.

^^^^ The Italians are not as organised as we are, the Italians with Italy in total lockdown are now losing control of COVID-19. Their figures on it are horrific:

Total Cases 41.035, New Cases 5.322, Total Deaths 3.405, New Deaths 427, Total Recovered 4.400, Active Cases 33.190, Serious/Critical 2.498.

Look at that figure of 5.322 New Cases and that is in the last 24 hours. Italy is now constantly BEHIND the curve and not approaching FLATTENING the curve. Are they hitting Peak now? I am not sure if they are. Good thing we shut our border with Italy weeks ago as SOON as it started to take off in Italy we shut our border with them.

The Trump administration has offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive access to a Covid-19 vaccine, German media have reported.

The German government is trying to fight off what it sees as an aggressive takeover bid by the US, the broadsheet Die Welt reports, citing German government circles.

The US president had offered the Tübingen-based biopharmaceutical company CureVac “large sums of money” to gain exclusive access to their work, wrote Die Welt.

What a stain this man is. He shames his country.

images

View attachment 312794

Yup, sounds about right in my neck of the woods, bungling Boris and his cronies are useless.

View attachment 312794

^^^^ The Italians are not as organised as we are, the Italians with Italy in total lockdown are now losing control of COVID-19. Their figures on it are horrific:

Total Cases 41.035, New Cases 5.322, Total Deaths 3.405, New Deaths 427, Total Recovered 4.400, Active Cases 33.190, Serious/Critical 2.498.

Look at that figure of 5.322 New Cases and that is in the last 24 hours. Italy is now constantly BEHIND the curve and not approaching FLATTENING the curve. Are they hitting Peak now? I am not sure if they are. Good thing we shut our border with Italy weeks ago as SOON as it started to take off in Italy we shut our border with them.
They think, that freedom is more important and I can't disagree with them. Do you believe, that any government can willingly return people freedoms once taken?

The Trump administration has offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive access to a Covid-19 vaccine, German media have reported.

The German government is trying to fight off what it sees as an aggressive takeover bid by the US, the broadsheet Die Welt reports, citing German government circles.

The US president had offered the Tübingen-based biopharmaceutical company CureVac “large sums of money” to gain exclusive access to their work, wrote Die Welt.

The Guardian....... Anonymous sources say......... And Tommy takes it as gospel........ :rofl:
They are reporting Die Welt. Its in the rabid right wing Daily Mail as well. the orange shit isnt denying it and neither are the German government.

Did you check Die Welt??? This was already debunked in another thread...….

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Checking Guardians source......Die Welt, I came up with nothing. Then found a DW news source, that when searching it's site says...…...

Search for coronavirus vaccine turns spotlight on German biotech firms | DW | 17.03.2020

Last week, US President Donald Trump was making big headlines internationally for allegedly attempting to buy out the vaccine research of Germany's CureVac with a large sum. The Tübingen-based company, however, denied that such an attempt was made by the US president or any other US government official.

"We haven't received such an offer," a CureVac statement said, and the company's majority shareholder, Dietmar Hopp, added: "If we were to be successful in developing a viable vaccine against coronavirus, hopefully soon, we are going to make it available not only for people in this region, but to protect and help people all around the world in solidarity."

As the story continued to spread around the world in a virus-like manner, CureVac on Tuesday saw itself forced to issue a stronger denial on Twitter.

Even US News & World Report

https://money.usnews.com/investing/...s-vaccine-developer-curevac-denies-any-us-bid

and the list goes on...

'There was and there is no takeover offer': German coronavirus vaccine company CureVac is shooting down viral reports that Trump tried to buy it

German company CureVac says no offer from Trump for coronavirus vaccine

The Guardian....... Anonymous sources say......... And Tommy takes it as gospel........ :rofl:

The Guardian is the closest thing Britain has to a 'holy book' these days.

They are reporting Die Welt. Its in the rabid right wing Daily Mail as well. the orange shit isnt denying it and neither are the German government.

Checking Guardians source......Die Welt, I came up with nothing. Then found a DW news source, that when searching it's site says...…...

Search for coronavirus vaccine turns spotlight on German biotech firms | DW | 17.03.2020

Last week, US President Donald Trump was making big headlines internationally for allegedly attempting to buy out the vaccine research of Germany's CureVac with a large sum. The Tübingen-based company, however, denied that such an attempt was made by the US president or any other US government official.

"We haven't received such an offer," a CureVac statement said, and the company's majority shareholder, Dietmar Hopp, added: "If we were to be successful in developing a viable vaccine against coronavirus, hopefully soon, we are going to make it available not only for people in this region, but to protect and help people all around the world in solidarity."

As the story continued to spread around the world in a virus-like manner, CureVac on Tuesday saw itself forced to issue a stronger denial on Twitter.

https://money.usnews.com/investing/...s-vaccine-developer-curevac-denies-any-us-bid

and the list goes on...

'There was and there is no takeover offer': German coronavirus vaccine company CureVac is shooting down viral reports that Trump tried to buy it

Nope. The German government have confirmed it. The link is earlier in this thread.

and the list goes on...

Nope. The German government have confirmed it. The link is earlier in this thread.

WTF Britain?! Okay so we have all implemented an EU-Wide Procurement Program, this involves a daily Conference Call between ALL our respective Ministrys of Health and it is designed to see what nation is getting swamped and how the rest of us can coordinate on ventilator distribution and other urgent medical equipment distribution ACROSS this entire Continent etc.

The UK is the ONLY European nation that is STILL refusing to participate in this very important program, Switzerland and Norway and other Non-EU nations are ALL participating.

I have literally just SHOUTED over the phone at some moron in Britains Home Office about this and told them:

"This IS NOT about refighting fucking Brexit, this is about saving fucking lives"

I said they Britain are a disgrace and I put the phone down on them, so they can GTFO already, the stupid British think they know EVERYTHING and they know NOTHING. The stupid British, from now on I am NOT volunteering AGAIN to phone their Home Office about the COVID-19 EU Coordinating Procurement Program, someone else can phone and shout at these morons instead.

In 2014 Britain signed a Joint Procurement Agreement with us in the EU when they still were IN the EU, under this agreement which was instigated because of the H1NI Pandemic in 2009 when many nations had problems and got swamped and were having problems getting extra medical equipment on the open market, we ALL agreed to never get caught like this again and so we ALL agreed to join together as ONE in the event of another Pandemic. The British Government are NOT honouring this agreement for COVID-19. Why? Fucking Brexit is why. Pathetic. The stupid British think they can do this alone, they can not which is why they have an explosion now every 24 hours of new cases and more deaths and are NOT doing as many COVID-19 Testing as the rest of us are.

Second a friend in America send me the below article this from Time Magazine, great in America if they get COVID-19 and they are uninsured they will be paying approx $34.927 for their treatment:

Total Cost of Her COVID-19 Treatment: $34,927.43

Last edited:

View attachment 312794

They think, that freedom is more important and I can't disagree with them. Do you believe, that any government can willingly return people freedoms once taken?

What use is freedom if you are dead? The situation is that populations have to give up some freedoms if they want to be protected against situations like Pandemics, they have to realise that COVID-19 will not be the last, there is going to be more and so peoples have to get used to this new situation of having the most limited of social interactions.

and the list goes on...

WTF Britain?! Okay so we have all implemented an EU-Wide Procurement Program, this involves a daily Conference Call between ALL our respective Ministrys of Health and it is designed to see what nation is getting swamped and how the rest of us can coordinate on ventilator distribution and other urgent medical equipment distribution ACROSS this entire Continent etc.

The UK is the ONLY European nation that is STILL refusing to participate in this very important program, Switzerland and Norway and other Non-EU nations are ALL participating.

I have literally just SHOUTED over the phone at some moron in Britains Home Office about this and told them:

"This IS NOT about refighting fucking Brexit, this is about saving fucking lives"

I said they Britain are a disgrace and I put the phone down on them, so they can GTFO already, the stupid British think they know EVERYTHING and they know NOTHING. The stupid British, from now on I am NOT volunteering AGAIN to phone their Home Office about the COVID-19 EU Coordinating Procurement Program, someone else can phone and shout at these morons instead.

In 2014 Britain signed a Joint Procurement Agreement with us in the EU when they still were IN the EU, under this agreement which was instigated because of the H1NI Pandemic in 2009 when many nations had problems and got swamped and were having problems getting extra medical equipment on the open market, we ALL agreed to never get caught like this again and so we ALL agreed to join together as ONE in the event of another Pandemic. The British Government are NOT honouring this agreement for COVID-19. Why? Fucking Brexit is why. Pathetic. The stupid British think they can do this alone, they can not which is why they have an explosion now every 24 hours of new cases and more deaths and are NOT doing as many COVID-19 Testing as the rest of us are.

Second a friend in America send me the below article this from Time Magazine, great in America if they get COVID-19 and they are uninsured they will be paying approx $34.927 for their treatment:

And the below now occur in America because America rely so much on China to get their medical equipment and other medical items from:

upload_2020-3-21_10-49-34.png

upload_2020-3-21_10-50-11.png

upload_2020-3-21_10-51-9.png

upload_2020-3-21_10-52-46.png

Imports of medical supplies plummet as demand in US soars

View attachment 312794

What use is freedom if you are dead? The situation is that populations have to give up some freedoms if they want to be protected against situations like Pandemics, they have to realise that COVID-19 will not be the last, there is going to be more and so peoples have to get used to this new situation of having the most limited of social interactions.
What is use in life, if you are not free? If you are not ready to risk your life to defend your freedom, you'd better to knee before Putin and Xi right now. And if you are ready to trade your freedom for illusion of the anti-virus protection, they will not stop. They will trade your freedom for protection from junk-food, unsafe sex, global warming, alcohol and foreign movies. Welcome to the digital Gulag. Sure, you will be protected from any critical opinion, too, so your life will be much worse and shorter. It is one way road.

and the list goes on...

Its all about brexit at the moment.

and the list goes on...

Your link? To the Guardian????

My link was to DW that reports on Germany news.....though I'm not sure if the DW is supposed to stand for Die Welt, or not. I had tried to search Die Welt (translated) for the story but didn't come up with anything and why I went to DW

Now......this is from Snopes, that can't ...…….

Did Trump Try to Poach Coronavirus Vaccine from Germany?

German government sources told Reuters that the U.S. “was looking into how it could gain access to a potential vaccine being developed by a German firm, CureVac,” but they did not confirm that the U.S. offered large sums of money to secure a vaccine for exclusive use.

and doing a few searches this morning......keep coming up with conflicting information but here is a link that says GOVERNMENT officials says yes Trump did, although the company CureVac keeps denying it. So I guess it's up to YOU to decide who to believe.....government or the company that was actually involved

Trump ‘attempt to monopolise vaccine for US’ rebuked by German drug firm chief

and the list goes on...

My link was to DW that reports on Germany news.....though I'm not sure if the DW is supposed to stand for Die Welt, or not. I had tried to search Die Welt (translated) for the story but didn't come up with anything and why I went to DW

German government sources told Reuters that the U.S. “was looking into how it could gain access to a potential vaccine being developed by a German firm, CureVac,” but they did not confirm that the U.S. offered large sums of money to secure a vaccine for exclusive use.

and doing a few searches this morning......keep coming up with conflicting information but here is a link that says GOVERNMENT officials says yes Trump did, although the company CureVac keeps denying it. So I guess it's up to YOU to decide who to believe.....government or the company that was actually involved

The company does work in the US. They need to tread carefully.

and the list goes on...

Maybe, but the HQ's is in Germany where much of these reports are coming from

Then you have to understand that of course Merkel would stand behind any accusation against Trump cause she hates him, just as much if not more than you and any Dem on this side of the pond...…..but unfortunately the chance of the little people knowing the full truth of the situation is minimal at best

and the list goes on...

Maybe, but the HQ's is in Germany where much of these reports are coming from

Then you have to understand that of course Merkel would stand behind any accusation against Trump cause she hates him, just as much if not more than you and any Dem on this side of the pond...…..but unfortunately the chance of the little people knowing the full truth of the situation is minimal at best
The credibility of the German government is a million times more than the current US regime.

Forum List

Back