Trump Lied?

Oh no! He HAD to take classified documents to Florida because NARA didn’t rent a storage facility for him! What a bunch of bullshit. Who buys that!

You asked me what I blame NARA for and that is certainly one thing. Why didn't they rent a facility of Trump's choosing to store his records. LIKE THEY'VE DONE WITH EVERY PREVIOUS PRESIDENT EXCEPT TRUMP?

He took the documents because he wanted to keep them.
It’s a DoJ issue because the DoJ handles all of these cases. There’s absolutely no reason to think they shouldn’t be involved.

"all of these cases" huh. I must admit I missed all of the previous administrations criminally prosecuting former Presidents who are also the administration's chief political rival.

If you are not going to even admit that the Biden administration is plowing new political ground here with novel legal theories, I think we're probably done here.

Last edited:
So you're saying that Biden actually received the documents when he was vice president?

I agree. It seems like they were both equally as bad to me.
They were in his garage and at his China institute. How they got there, no one knows. He wasn't legally allowed to walk out the door with them.

I was looking up the presidential records act and from what I'm reading it looks like the documents are the government's property not his. However, I have a little reading comprehension issues so I could be (and hopefully I am) wrong. I don't know much about legal stuff either I admit. I also wasn't sure if he could testify at his own trial.

Trump fails to comprehend the idea that the President of the USA is an employee of the federal government, and like all employees, ALL of his work product, belongs to his employer, not to him.
Some are, some are not. And even if some are the governments, the Presidential Records Act allows presidents to keep classified documents.

No, all of the President's work papers are the property of the people. He works for YOU, not the other way around.

There is no piece of legislation which allows anyone to keep classified documents. That's the dumbest thing you've ever posted. If they're not in a secure location under the control of the government, they're hardly "classified" in any sense.

They were in his garage and at his China institute. How they got there, no one knows. He wasn't legally allowed to walk out the door with them.

And if I would have to venture a guess Biden probably doesn't know either.

The courts have never had a case of an administration prosecuting a former President over some documents.
The courts never had to deal with an unethical crook ex-president before trump.
The administration isn't prosecuting trump. Whoever told you it was is lying. Trump is being tried for breaking laws that have been on the books since before he was president. Nobody came up with new laws to charge him with. Whose fault is it that he broke those existing laws?

The administration isn't prosecuting trump. Whoever told you it was is lying.

Comrade Smith hasn't indicted Trump? (psst, he works for the DOJ, the administration)

Trump is being tried for breaking laws that have been on the books since before he was president. Nobody came up with new laws to charge him with. Whose fault is it that he broke those laws?
Never said they were new laws. I said never in the history of our country has an administration criminally prosecuted a former President over some documents. Or for that matter. criminally prosecuted the administration's chief political rival.

They are applying these laws in a way that has never been done before.

COmrade Smith hasn't indicted Trump? (psst, he works for the DOJ, the administration)

Never said they were new laws. I said never in the history of our country has an administration criminally prosecuted a former President over some documents. Or for that matter. criminally prosecuted the administration's chief political rival.

They are apply these laws in a way that has never been done before.
Smith is doing his job with integrity, the way it should be done.

You are correct. Never before has an ex president been so unlawfull.

I was looking up the presidential records act and from what I'm reading it looks like the documents are the government's property not his. However, I have a little reading comprehension issues so I could be (and hopefully I am) wrong. I don't know much about legal stuff either I admit. I also wasn't sure if he could testify at his own trial.

Every politician ever has lied, Trump included.

You asked me what I blame NARA for and that is certainly one thing. Why didn't they rent a facility of Trump's choosing to store his records. LIKE THEY'VE DONE WITH EVERY PREVIOUS PRESIDENT EXCEPT TRUMP?
Two problems with that. First the president chooses the approximate location, usually in their home state, which for Trump would be New York. Except Trump didn't plan to leave office, so he didn't designate a site for his library, where NARA finds a nearby temporary (well years long) storage location.

Currently Trumps records are scattered among various NARA storage buildings.

Forum List

Back