Trump is too old and incited a coup. Biden is too old and mixes up names. America, how to choose?

I wonder what color the sky is in this world where Maga lives? The numbers are the numbers... But when you have cognitive dissonance you can't accept facts.
"The numbers are the numbers"....Like the $600 billion shortfall in federal tax receipts last year?

Like $5/lb butter and $7/lb bacon?

Fucking stooge.

JFK would be considered a conservative nowdays and viciously be attacked by the MSM.
“A rising tide raises all boats” - JFK’s famous quote and analogy to describe the importance of government’s role in growing a healthy economy and how it improves everyone’s lives.

This rising tide and boat analogy would be ripped apart by today’s Left because a rising tide (economy) isn’t good enough for them. They believe the masses should all have the same boat while the bigger boats be reserved for their 1 percent elite (eg Pelosi, Clinton, Obama, Kerry, Biden, Harris).

Economic policies rooted in class envy are destined to fail.

"The numbers are the numbers"....Like the $600 billion shortfall in federal tax receipts last year?

Like $5/lb butter and $7/lb bacon?

Fucking stooge.

You are looking like a stooge. Tax receipts are way higher under Biden than Trump.

I just bought butter and bacon at Sam's club this week. Butter is $3.50/lb. and $4.00/lb for Bacon....stooge

As a result, the quality of our representation has collapsed and we just don't seem to care.
Some of us do care but can't do much about it on an individual level except in the most local positions/races maybe. Even that is kinda hard right now in places.

Its a poor choice for the American people. Neither candidate inspires much optimism. How did it get to this ?

There are like 300 mil Americans but only two doddering old fools are up for President.The cupboard has not been so bare since dubya.

Its no better in the UK. But we dont really matter. The state of the US does.

I suspect I would back Biden as the least worse option.But that is a lukewarm endorsement.

But where are the younger generation of politicians ? What are they all doing ?
I like my presidents who have not been indicted. Presidents who have not incited a mob to attack Congress because they lost an election.

I like my president to not have paid a fine for rape, someone who has not paid a fine for stealing money from charities.

Ronald Reagan famously would take a nap during Cabinet meetings and yet for Republicans, Reagan can do no wrong.

The US economy is doing fantastic. If this is the result of a senile elder citizen, then we need more senile elder citizens. As long as they have not been charged with crimes, it's all good.

Are you really serious or just looking for a few laughs?
Maga responses normally consist of name calling or childish teasing. I rarely see them post economic metrics and when they do they are typically misleading or lack context.

Maga responses normally consist of name calling or childish teasing. I rarely see them post economic metrics and when they do they are typically misleading or lack context.
Your posts are trollish so don't expect a rational response.

Right.... Biden's economy is above average
IMG_0166.gif

Its a poor choice for the American people. Neither candidate inspires much optimism. How did it get to this ?
Same way it goes with Britons, I suppose. :dunno: I mean, the people your country chooses to be leaders aren't exactly pinnacles of human specimens either. They are powerful, connected, full of shit and usually rich. Just like here.

We elected a game show host/grifter/con man. Post-grift, we decided to just turn the propaganda and disinformation up to eleven and became the world's most politically entitled society. One so divided that parties would rather chew up airtime campaigning against/maligning each other then actually work for their constituents. And we accept the populism, because the amount that social media influences current American society is embarrassing. Superficial has been trending here for quite some time. :rolleyes:

Statesmanship and decorum is officially dead in American politics, thus rational, intelligent Americans don't run for political office unless they are masochists, sadists, or a little of both.

American politics perfected the toxic tabloid politics you folks used to be known for by making it military grade.

There are like 300 mil Americans but only two doddering old fools are up for President.The cupboard has not been so bare since dubya.

I suspect I would back Biden as the least worse option.But that is a lukewarm endorsement.

America will always face this political dilemma. Why? Just blame the political system! The US systems do not support independent candidates. Actually, they promote moneyocracy, not democracy. Only 2 choices, Red or Blue. Nothing else. lol. 😁

Here are several reasons why independent presidential candidates have not met with great success in US politics.

Firstly, the US political system is dominated by two major parties, the Democrats and the Republicans, and they have a stranglehold on the political process. This makes it difficult for independent candidates to gain traction and support, as they often lack the resources and infrastructure of the major parties.

Additionally, the US electoral system heavily favors the two-party system, with winner-takes-all elections and a lack of proportional representation. This makes it difficult for independent candidates to win enough support to be competitive in elections.

Furthermore, independent candidates often struggle to gain widespread recognition and media coverage, as the media tends to focus on the major party candidates and their campaigns.

Finally, many voters are reluctant to vote for independent candidates, as they may feel that doing so will be a wasted vote or that it could potentially detract from the chances of their preferred major party candidate winning.

These factors, among others, have contributed to the lack of success for independent presidential candidates in US politics.

Your Royal family is a bunch of inbred cretins. Come to think of it, Joe likes him a little inbreeding as well.................so at least you have that in common.

Biden is a vegetable, as HIS DOJ has determined, who is to far gone to understand a trial if he was charged.

What kind of pathetic moron would support Genocide Joe?

He has us involved in two stupid endless wars that don’t even serve American interests!

Are you Biden supporters enjoying the millions of refugees, hundreds of thousands of corpses including thousands of dead children?

What policies does the establishment favor aside from mutilating children and fomenting WW III?

Vote for Bobby Kennedy or Cornel West.

The voices they trust tell them that the economy is terrible. And so that's that.

The economy isn’t terrible, it‘s just build on sand. It has defied the odds and the underlying numbers, but then again, coming out of a pandemic is abnormal. For example, the yield curve is still inverted. That is typically a key indicator of recession. What do you think it means when you can get higher rates on short term CDs vs long? The sentiment is that the fed will need to cut rates in the long term. Why would that be? Oh yeah, to mitigate a downturn. Don’t get me wrong, I am taking full advantage of banks paying 5%+ on 1 year daily compounding CDs as well as throwing money in tech stocks, but I a know to hedge my bets. This is anything but a stable economy.

Recession probability monthly projection U.S. 2024 | Statista

Following COVID, people went on spreading sprees with free government money. Now that money is drying up, Joe is upping the child tax credit, the EITC and 136 billion in student load forgiveness to see if he can keep in rolling. Free money or not, credit card debt has increased dramatically. Yes, there is a large bubble that will burst soon enough.

An article from a source you likely trust.

Credit card delinquencies surged in 2023, indicating 'financial stress,' New York Fed says

The voices you listen to told you that inflation was transitory. We knew better. Us “rich” Republicans didn’t get rich by listening to the Democrats on skid-row.

The economy isn’t terrible, it‘s just build on sand. It has defied the odds and the underlying numbers, but then again, coming out of a pandemic is abnormal. For example, the yield curve is still inverted. That is typically a key indicator of recession. What do you think it means when you can get higher rates on short term CDs vs long? The sentiment is that the fed will need to cut rates in the long term. Why would that be? Oh yeah, to mitigate a downturn. Don’t get me wrong, I am taking full advantage of banks paying 5%+ on 1 year daily compounding CDs as well as throwing money in tech stocks, but I a know to hedge my bets. This is anything but a stable economy.

Recession probability monthly projection U.S. 2024 | Statista

Following COVID, people went on spreading sprees with free government money. Now that money is drying up, Joe is upping the child tax credit, the EITC and 136 billion in student load forgiveness to see if he can keep in rolling. Free money or not, credit card debt has increased dramatically. Yes, there is a large bubble that will burst soon enough.

An article from a source you likely trust.

Credit card delinquencies surged in 2023, indicating 'financial stress,' New York Fed says

The voices you listen to told you that inflation was transitory. We knew better. Us “rich” Republicans didn’t get rich by listening to the Democrats on skid-row.
An economy ALWAYS has negatives and positives.

Trumpsters called that economy The Greatest Ever, and it was built on inflationary QE. And Trump begged for MORE. Thank goodness the Fed told him to pound sand.

Try this on someone else. I'm done talking economics with Trumpsters.

Trumpsters called that economy The Greatest Ever, and it was built on inflationary QE. And Trump begged for MORE. Thank goodness the Fed told him to pound sand.

You need another job.

The feds raised rates the first two years of Trump’s presidency. They modestly cut rates a total of 75 basis points in 2019. Inflation was running under 2%. Then of course the pandemic struck. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good TDS rant.

Forum List

Back