Trump is FORCED to Attend the Trial?

Actually, it is not

Trump knew he was facing criminal charges before he entered the election.
Most facing felony charges know better than run for political office.

The fact that it inconveniences his campaign is his own fault
where is all of that "personal responsibility?"

Seymour Flops maybe the jury will be in a better position to decide whether this is a political show trial than we are?

I did not realize the depth of Judge Mercan’s pettiness.

I thought Trump wanted the trial to pause for a day so he could go to his son’s graduation without missing it. But no. He is required to be in court on pain of jail.

I think Merchannwill let Trump complain and then ultimately let him go to his son’s event. Just to show how fair he is. 😒. But maybe he really will be that childish.

It is absurd to make Trump sit in court for this. A presidential election is far more important than a lengthy show trial of an alleged misdemeanor ginned up into 34 felonies.

Why should Trump get different treatment than anyone else on trial for multiple felonies?

This crime happened before Trump was elected in 2016
You can’t prosecute while he is President
Now you are complaining that you can’t prosecute if he is running for President.

If Trump was concerned with possible impact on his campaign, he could have expedited the proceedings instead of delaying them
So why wasn't it brought up then? Why wasn't it brought up from 2021 to 2023 and didn't hapopen until an election year, hmm?

Why should Trump get different treatment than anyone else on trial for multiple felonies?

Because he's rich?

Because he's President (really, not the fake one in the White House)?
Everyone else knows that if it was a peon in court, that court wouldn't be suspended because we had a "right" to shut down a criminal trial to attend the graduation of a child from high school.

WW

FPOTUS#45 is required to be there can can only be absent with permission. He requested that court not be in session for the day so he could go to Florida. That decision has yet to be made. Under the present request yes, he is required to be in attendance unless he is removed from the court for disruptive behavior.

But under New York law he can request to be absent and allow the court to proceed without him being present and permission can be granted. However he would not be able to challenge any of the proceedings while he was absent based on his not being there.

So FPOTUS#45 is free to make a different request, i.e. allow the court to proceed with him absent. Now if the request was for the duration of the trial? Probably not going to be approved. If the request was for 1/2 day? Maybe, it would still be up to the judge. Since graduation is in the evening, he doesn't need the whole day, 1/2 day would allow him to get on his private jet and fly to Miami (flight time ~ 3 hours).

WW
If his missing time in court gives the judge an opening to make rulings that can’t be appealed, he would be stupid to let that happen.

If he is only barred from challenging rulings on the grounds of not being present, so what? I don’t see him doing that anyway.

You seem to be either making up facts or believing the media.

Correct. One of our laboratory techs was arrested the other day on outstanding warrants when he was pulled over for a NMV. He was at county for something like ten days before they gave him a PR bond. The warrant was for a B misdemeanor from 2018.

…Show me a juror who says they can be unbiased towards Trump, and I’ll show you a liar. That’s why we don’t have political trials in America. Fairness is impossible. Trump’s legal team was given the names of potential jurors, and after googling them, discovered there were undercover activists trying to sneak onto the jury. One juror couldn’t recall any anti-Trump feeling, but when the defense showed him the receipts, he admitted he’d posted on social media, Donald Trump should be locked up. Another juror said he didn’t remember posting anything bad about Trump. Then when shown the evidence, conceded to He’s posting a picture that says, Trump invites Thai boys to the White House. Thai boys request to return to cage. Those two radical liberals got caught lying to the court and were almost seated on the jury. This is what Trump has to deal with. Yesterday, Clay Travis was criticized for suggesting Trump supporters get on the jury.

Jesse Waters above.

Correct. One of our laboratory techs was arrested the other day on outstanding warrants when he was pulled over for a NMV. He was at county for something like ten days before they gave him a PR bond. The warrant was for a B misdemeanor from 2018.

PERP had 6 years to take care of his tickets and did not? He is a scofflaw, flight risk etc. They don't take kindly to those WHEN they finally run into them.

The state of NY disagrees with you.

Now it is in the hands of the jury.

I will accept whatever they decide....how about you?
Not really, the charges should never have been brought in the first place. Crime is up massively in The City and political

show trials not really under the jurisdiction of state law at all is what the DA is wasting tax dollars on,

The secondary crime isn't "non-existant", it's assumed that the enhancement crime will be Cohens felony conviction in federal court for his actions in the matter.

The link will be that the DA will have to show is that FPOTUS#45 was actively involved with the planning process, was informed, directed, and approved the actions.

WW
Read the indictment. It says Trump made and caused the entries.

The prosecutor may change it, I guess. Yeah good luck with that.

Who do you predict will be the witness to Trump in these planning meetings to talk about how to make entries into spreadsheets? Cohen?

Do you really not see how silly it is to imagine Trump doing that?

…Show me a juror who says they can be unbiased towards Trump, and I’ll show you a liar. That’s why we don’t have political trials in America. Fairness is impossible. Trump’s legal team was given the names of potential jurors, and after googling them, discovered there were undercover activists trying to sneak onto the jury. One juror couldn’t recall any anti-Trump feeling, but when the defense showed him the receipts, he admitted he’d posted on social media, Donald Trump should be locked up. Another juror said he didn’t remember posting anything bad about Trump. Then when shown the evidence, conceded to He’s posting a picture that says, Trump invites Thai boys to the White House. Thai boys request to return to cage. Those two radical liberals got caught lying to the court and were almost seated on the jury. This is what Trump has to deal with. Yesterday, Clay Travis was criticized for suggesting Trump supporters get on the jury.

Jesse Waters above.
Is that why Trump claims he can shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it?
Looks like you are claiming Trump is above the law because you can’t get an unbiased jury.

Not really, the charges should never have been brought in the first place. Crime is up massively in The City and political

show trials not really under the jurisdiction of state law at all is what the DA is wasting tax dollars on,

NYC is a big city
They are capable of prosecuting violent crimes and business crimes at the same time

Now it is in the hands of the jury.

I will accept whatever they decide....how about you?

Because he's rich?

Because he's President (really, not the fake one in the White House)?
Everyone else knows that if it was a peon in court, that court wouldn't be suspended because we had a "right" to shut down a criminal trial to attend the graduation of a child from high school.

WW
A peon would never be on trial for ginned up charges like this.

Forum List

Back