Trump Is Definitely More Of A Man Of God Than Mitt Ever Was

'Deeply Problematic.' Faith Leaders Express Concern Over Trump's Political Attacks at National Prayer Breakfast

Trump took center stage at the national prayer breakfast and brought the country together when he decided to stand up for the real Christians -- not the fake ones who tried to twist the words of Jesus Christ. Fake ones like Mitt Romney, who is anything but a Christian -- and the life he lead, clearly shows it.

"The National Prayer Breakfast – a Washington tradition since 1953 – is by custom a respite from partisan bickering. President Donald Trump shattered that tradition Thursday with aggressive remarks that buoyed his allies but dismayed a wide spectrum of faith leaders.“A bipartisan prayer breakfast is the last place one would expect to find political attacks on opponents,” said the Rev. Tom Lambrecht, general manager of the conservative United Methodist magazine Good News. “Our country would benefit from a return to the kind of civility and grace reflected in Jesus’ words.”

Oh spare me Reverend, United Methodists are a bunch of fake gay loving Christians anyway, so what does he know...Then this Arthur Brooks guy, some so-called conservative professor -- he decides to get up and talk this goofy love thy neighbors BS -- Trump rightfully corrected him when he said I don’t like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong,” -- exactly right Trump...people have tried to use their faith to do horrible things, rape, murder, slavery, women voting and now Mitt's vote for impeachment will be right at the top of the list of horrible things done in the name of faith.

Compare Mitt Romney's life to Trump's and you tell me who has a more solid track record on what a man of God truly is?? First off, Romney is a Mormon, which is not even a real religion..its a cult...Second, Trump is the one who was chosen by Jesus to be president, not Romney -- and third...when Jesus said pray for your enemies and love thy neighbors and all of that crap -- fact of the matter is, Jesus was wrong and Trump knew Jesus was wrong....No one in their right mind would love their enemy... Or are you saying you should love ISIS and Nancy Pelosi or that retarded Greta chick???-- which are all basically the same thing....

However, since Trump was sent to us by God, he has corrected what Jesus got wrong....No, you don't pray for your enemies, unless you are praying for their downfall, like hoping they die from cancer soon so you can get another SC justice...you don't love thy neighbors -- if those neighbors don't agree with expanding corporate tax loop holes and wall street de-regulation in the way God intended...

Some believe Christianity is a cult too. I guess your OP doesn't apply to them.
Unless that religion seeks to achieve some type of pseudo-theocracy and attempts to try to codify their dogma in law -- then I don't care about their cult...they are free to practice their cult however they like...

Religion has been doing it's best to try to codify its dogma into law for as long as there have been laws.

You are hate filled bigot, who is upset that people you hate, are not rolling over and giving up to your agenda.

There is nothing wrong with the Religious RIght supporting President Trump, and it is crazy for you to claim there is.

They may be "religious" but they gave up the Christian faith.
They sold out their Christianity

You are hysterical. There is nothing wrong, with a political group, like the Religious Right, supporting a politician that is friendly to them and supportive of their goals.

Try to calm down. Don't you lefties like to smoke pot? Maybe you should try more pot.
But blacks who vote Democrat are on the democrat plantation right??

An argument I generally don't use myself, and thus would prefer not to make the argument for other people.

I would and have discussed the oddity of CONSERVATIVE blacks who vote for liberal dems, for reasons that seem, shaky.
How about you ask one of those black consrervatives what about America's past are they hoping the federal government will conserve??

Most black voters who may be conservative when it comes to gay marriage or whatever social issues that triggers most of you conservatives -- they make the calculation that their inclination towards stronger labor protections, expanded social security and medicare -- those types of policies hold more weight over whether or not gays get married or not....so they vote for the candidate most likely to advocate the policies they agree with -- and this doesn't make them slaves for doing so...

I ask conservative voters all the time about policies...and most of the time they avoid talking policies and rely more on talking feelings -- they have this need to try to show their fellow white republicans how they are "one of the good blacks" -- I don't have that desire....I don't need any pats on the head -- I need policies that provide better policy outcomes than the current status quo...period...

'Deeply Problematic.' Faith Leaders Express Concern Over Trump's Political Attacks at National Prayer Breakfast

Trump took center stage at the national prayer breakfast and brought the country together when he decided to stand up for the real Christians -- not the fake ones who tried to twist the words of Jesus Christ. Fake ones like Mitt Romney, who is anything but a Christian -- and the life he lead, clearly shows it.

"The National Prayer Breakfast – a Washington tradition since 1953 – is by custom a respite from partisan bickering. President Donald Trump shattered that tradition Thursday with aggressive remarks that buoyed his allies but dismayed a wide spectrum of faith leaders.“A bipartisan prayer breakfast is the last place one would expect to find political attacks on opponents,” said the Rev. Tom Lambrecht, general manager of the conservative United Methodist magazine Good News. “Our country would benefit from a return to the kind of civility and grace reflected in Jesus’ words.”

Oh spare me Reverend, United Methodists are a bunch of fake gay loving Christians anyway, so what does he know...Then this Arthur Brooks guy, some so-called conservative professor -- he decides to get up and talk this goofy love thy neighbors BS -- Trump rightfully corrected him when he said I don’t like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong,” -- exactly right Trump...people have tried to use their faith to do horrible things, rape, murder, slavery, women voting and now Mitt's vote for impeachment will be right at the top of the list of horrible things done in the name of faith.

Compare Mitt Romney's life to Trump's and you tell me who has a more solid track record on what a man of God truly is?? First off, Romney is a Mormon, which is not even a real religion..its a cult...Second, Trump is the one who was chosen by Jesus to be president, not Romney -- and third...when Jesus said pray for your enemies and love thy neighbors and all of that crap -- fact of the matter is, Jesus was wrong and Trump knew Jesus was wrong....No one in their right mind would love their enemy... Or are you saying you should love ISIS and Nancy Pelosi or that retarded Greta chick???-- which are all basically the same thing....

However, since Trump was sent to us by God, he has corrected what Jesus got wrong....No, you don't pray for your enemies, unless you are praying for their downfall, like hoping they die from cancer soon so you can get another SC justice...you don't love thy neighbors -- if those neighbors don't agree with expanding corporate tax loop holes and wall street de-regulation in the way God intended...

Unless that religion seeks to achieve some type of pseudo-theocracy and attempts to try to codify their dogma in law -- then I don't care about their cult...they are free to practice their cult however they like...

Religion has been doing it's best to try to codify its dogma into law for as long as there have been laws.
and to the extent that they do -- I oppose it...

But in the areas where the religious dogma overlaps what is good public policy, that only means they are on the right side of what the majority of the public already wants....

For example....much of the push towards the abolition of slavery had religious backing...that doesn't mean that religion had a monopoly on the position of abolition, it just means that in that case, those religious folks were on the right side -- but abolishing slavery wasn't a religious decision....no one abolished slavery because of some bible verse...

"Codify their dogma into law"?

That's nice and vague. YOu mean like the Commandment against Murder?

You are hate filled bigot, who is upset that people you hate, are not rolling over and giving up to your agenda.

There is nothing wrong with the Religious RIght supporting President Trump, and it is crazy for you to claim there is.

You are hysterical. There is nothing wrong, with a political group, like the Religious Right, supporting a politician that is friendly to them and supportive of their goals.

Try to calm down. Don't you lefties like to smoke pot? Maybe you should try more pot.

I'm not black. But what is this "plantation" thing about? My African-American neighbors are not on any "plantation." I'm sure that they call it the way they see it. They are grown-ups. It is a known trick of right-wingers to pretend that whatever demographic group that they are attacking is somehow mentally feeble and dependent on what somebody else tells them. This is false. Disgustingly false.

There are partisans on both sides that assume that anyone that disagrees with them must be stupid.

INdeed, it is far more common on the Left than on the Right.

Most conservatives or republicans think that minority voters have been lied to by vile lib dems in media and pop culture and hopefully some day, will realize that, and come vote for the people that actually can made this shared nation of our better instead of worse.

Which existed outside of the bible..and before the ten commandments.....you do understand that right?

The ten commandments also said thou shall not commit adultery, bear false witness, take the lord's name in vain - are you saying we should make that punishable by law??

An argument I generally don't use myself, and thus would prefer not to make the argument for other people.

I would and have discussed the oddity of CONSERVATIVE blacks who vote for liberal dems, for reasons that seem, shaky.
How about you ask one of those black consrervatives what about America's past are they hoping the federal government will conserve??

Why would I do that? I have no reason to think that it is not any different than what the rest of us conservatives want to conserve.

Oh, and your odd putting the "Government" as the one doing the conserving? That was all you, please don't put words on our mouths.

Most black voters who may be conservative when it comes to gay marriage or whatever social issues that triggers most of you conservatives -- they make the calculation that their inclination towards stronger labor protections, expanded social security and medicare -- those types of policies hold more weight over whether or not gays get married or not....so they vote for the candidate most likely to advocate the policies they agree with -- and this doesn't make them slaves for doing so...

IN my experience, they have been convinced by people like you, that Republicans or whites are just so evul and racist, that even though they might not want to see millions of black babies aborted, they don't dare give any power to the evul racist whites.

They are driven by fear, fear generated by lies.

If they were not lied to, they would realize that they dont' need the protect of liberals. And they could vote as their policies align.

That is what you liberals live in fear of.

I ask conservative voters all the time about policies...and most of the time they avoid talking policies and rely more on talking feelings -- they have this need to try to show their fellow white republicans how they are "one of the good blacks" -- I don't have that desire....I don't need any pats on the head -- I need policies that provide better policy outcomes than the current status quo...period...

Sounds more like they are blowing you off, because they know that talking to you is a waste of time, and they have better things to do.

Why would I do that? I have no reason to think that it is not any different than what the rest of us conservatives want to conserve.

Oh, and your odd putting the "Government" as the one doing the conserving? That was all you, please don't put words on our mouths.

IN my experience, they have been convinced by people like you, that Republicans or whites are just so evul and racist, that even though they might not want to see millions of black babies aborted, they don't dare give any power to the evul racist whites.

If they were not lied to, they would realize that they dont' need the protect of liberals. And they could vote as their policies align.

Sounds more like they are blowing you off, because they know that talking to you is a waste of time, and they have better things to do.
and not one time have you mentioned policies...

Which is why I have zero respect for these fake ass conservatives....

Which existed outside of the bible..and before the ten commandments.....you do understand that right?

The ten commandments also said thou shall not commit adultery, bear false witness, take the lord's name in vain - are you saying we should make that punishable by law??

IS it ok if Christians support the ban on Murder because their religion tells them to? Or is it only ok with secular people want laws supporting their secular beliefs?

HOw do you tell them apart? Do you maybe make Christians wear an identifying mark and then not let thm vote?

But in the areas where the religious dogma overlaps what is good public policy, that only means they are on the right side of what the majority of the public already wants....

For example....much of the push towards the abolition of slavery had religious backing...that doesn't mean that religion had a monopoly on the position of abolition, it just means that in that case, those religious folks were on the right side -- but abolishing slavery wasn't a religious decision....no one abolished slavery because of some bible verse...

I believe governing by personal spiritual philosophy is wrong, but it is something that's sort of ingrained into humanity. It seems we simply choose which brand of hypocrisy we want to support for... reasons.

That statement makes no sense, because A I have mentioned policies repeatedly and B. we can talk about groups supporting candidates without specifically mentioning the reasons for their support.

I believe governing by personal spiritual philosophy is wrong, but it is something that's sort of ingrained into humanity. It seems we simply choose which brand of hypocrisy we want to support for... reasons.
I believe in governing by what policies provide the best outcomes for the largest amount of people....I don't care what "philosophy" you want to attribute that to....I chalk it up to common sense....

That is why I don't understand people like Libertarians, who would advocate the most asinine positions with the worst policy implications -- all so they can satisfy the rigid adherence to their dumb ass ideology....

That statement makes no sense, because A I have mentioned policies repeatedly and B. we can talk about groups supporting candidates without specifically mentioning the reasons for their support.
So....you tell me why the most popular policies in US history are not conservative policies??

For example....when Social Security and Medicare were first introduced blah blah...conservatives said they were the worst policies ever introduced and would destroy America.....did conservatives offer better more effective alternatives? No...

And 70 years later -- these are 2 of the most popular policies in US history.....and there is a reason why whenever conservatives try to cut it, they have to lie about it.....because they know their policies are worse...

For 10 years, conservatives have went on and on about repealing Obamacare and replacing it with something that provides better coverage to more people...but what have they done?? ZERO....to the point that Trump is even desperate enough to claim credit for pre-existing conditions, even tho he is ACTIVELY trying to dismantle it.....if you had better policies, you wouldn't have to do shit like that....you would campaign on conservative polices...

Can you tell me why not a single "conservative" campaigned on Trumpcare in 2018??

So....you tell me why the most popular policies in US history are not conservative policies??

For example....when Social Security and Medicare were first introduced blah blah...conservatives said they were the worst policies ever introduced and would destroy America.....did conservatives offer better more effective alternatives? No...

And 70 years later -- these are 2 of the most popular policies in US history.....and there is a reason why whenever conservatives try to cut it, they have to lie about it.....because they know their policies are worse...

For 10 years, conservatives have went on and on about repealing Obamacare and replacing it with something that provides better coverage to more people...but what have they done?? ZERO....to the point that Trump is even desperate enough to claim credit for pre-existing conditions, even tho he is ACTIVELY trying to dismantle it.....if you had better policies, you wouldn't have to do shit like that....you would campaign on conservative polices...

Can you tell me why not a single "conservative" campaigned on Trumpcare in 2018??

Social Security is "popular" in that people are compelled by law to participate, and combined with that forced participation and thus the lack of available money to personally invest, tens of millions of people are then made dependent on that program.

A program which has indeed, grown massively to the point it is a threat to the well being of this nation.

Citing that as a success is literally insane of you.

I believe in governing by what policies provide the best outcomes for the largest amount of people....I don't care what "philosophy" you want to attribute that to....I chalk it up to common sense....

You're describing simple majority rules. And 'common sense', ah yes, that 'ol chestnut of 'gut feeling', and usually the least dependable of the senses. We love to think it's akin to critical thinking, until it isn't.

That is why I don't understand people like Libertarians, who would advocate the most asinine positions with the worst policy implications -- all so they can satisfy the rigid adherence to their dumb ass ideology....

Sounds a lot like evangelicals.

IS it ok if Christians support the ban on Murder because their religion tells them to? Or is it only ok with secular people want laws supporting their secular beliefs?

HOw do you tell them apart? Do you maybe make Christians wear an identifying mark and then not let thm vote?
Which Christians are you talking about?

You're describing simple majority rules. And 'common sense', ah yes, that 'ol chestnut of 'gut feeling', and usually the least dependable of the senses. We love to think it's akin to critical thinking, until it isn't.

Sounds a lot like evangelicals.
Is Medicare a product of cult thinking?? and is it the most popular program in US history because of cult thinking??

Or is the reason why it is so popular is more of a results oriented thing....if you have a better policy, let's hear it.....

Social Security is "popular" in that people are compelled by law to participate, and combined with that forced participation and thus the lack of available money to personally invest, tens of millions of people are then made dependent on that program.

A program which has indeed, grown massively to the point it is a threat to the well being of this nation.

Citing that as a success is literally insane of you.
People are compelled by law to pay taxes -- does that mean taxes are popular just because they are compelled by law??

Do people who call themselves "conservatives" hold up signs like this about how much they love taxes??
6a00d8341c562c53ef017742efed55970d-320wi.jpg

Like I said....there is reason your dumb ass can't talk policies...….

If there was a popular conservative policy on the level of Medicare or Social Security -- you would be talking about it instead of whining like a bitch about the polices that ACTUALLY ARE POPULAR with the American people....

Trump is no Christian.

Supporting Trump make you a fake Christian.

Is Medicare a product of cult thinking?? and is it the most popular program in US history because of cult thinking??

Medicare is a federal program born from the armed forces. I don't know what 'cult thinking' is supposed to mean, but like most government involved programs, it certainly came from a faction of like minds, as it started out as medical care for military families. Popular and sustainable are two very different things. Will said program be available to me when I go into retirement? All signs say doubtful at best, even though I've been directly contributing into it since I started paying income tax almost 30 years ago.

Or is the reason why it is so popular is more of a results oriented thing...

I reckon like any other safety net program, it will be popular as long as there's money in it. If it runs out of money like some predictions say in 2026, then would you consider that an overall net positive result?

if you have a better policy, let's hear it.

Let the private sector have a go at it. It certainly couldn't do any worse than the model of inefficiency that is our current government.

Forum List

Back