Trump Indictment Would Probably Be Overturned on Appeal: Dershowitz

After he's indicted he would have to be convicted in order for it to be overturned on appeal.
An ambulance chaser like Douchewitz should know this.

Duh. That is the gist of what Dershowitz was saying.

ā€œI donā€™t think there will be a motion to dismiss that succeeds. This is New York justice. In New York, of course you can indict a ham sandwich. But in New York, you can also convict a ham sandwich because the jury pool will be very much against Trump and the judges will be very much against Trump,ā€ Dershowitz, professor emeritus at Harvard Law School, said during an appearance on Fox News.​

A made-up charge that the NY Times says is a 'novel legal theory'.

Democrats turning America into a šŸŒ republic. (A huge cadre of military-aged men decamped near our southern border recently).

If former President Donald Trump is indicted, heā€™ll probably be convicted but an appeal would likely lead to the conviction being thrown out, legal expert Alan Dershowitz said on March 18.​
ā€œI donā€™t think there will be a motion to dismiss that succeeds. This is New York justice. In New York, of course you can indict a ham sandwich. But in New York, you can also convict a ham sandwich because the jury pool will be very much against Trump and the judges will be very much against Trump,ā€ Dershowitz, professor emeritus at Harvard Law School, said during an appearance on Fox News.​
ā€œSo, if I were him, I would be worried today. Heā€™ll probably ultimately win on appeal, but do judges today have the courage ā€¦ to do something favorable to Trump in a city which overwhelmingly despises Trump? Thatā€™s whatā€™s wrong with this justice system.ā€​
Trump is reportedly set to face an indictment for a payment made to Stormy Daniels, an adult actress who has made the contested claim that he had an affair with her. The payment was made by Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, and Trump reimbursed the lawyer. Trump has said the allegations were ā€œdebunked.ā€​
Dershowitz, who was part of Trumpā€™s impeachment defense team in 2020, agreed. ā€œThere is no crime here,ā€ he said.​

ā€˜Used His Own Moneyā€™​

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said in a statement that most campaign finance violations involve spending other peopleā€™s money illegally or accepting money that you should not.​
ā€œTrump did neither. He used his own money to resolve a private dispute, irrespective of any campaign. The impending indictment is based on an untested, tortured legal theory. This is an absurd abuse of the criminal process in our politics. It must be seen for the partisan pathetic ploy it is,ā€ Gaetz, a Trump supporter, said.​
...​

This is not the point. Democrats know their case is weak, they're goal is to incite a riot. If violence doesn't happen, Trump wins biggly. If there is violence, America loses.

Duh. That is the gist of what Dershowitz was saying.

It was only written in plain English, so it's easy to see how JackOfAllAsses would not have understood.

He more than knew Epstein. He was a regular passenger on his plane and helped get him his initial sweatheart deal.

There is NO reason anyone still gives him the time of day.
Uh huh... that whole Harvard Law Emeritus thing, that's phony, is it?

Democrats turning America into a šŸŒ republic. (A huge cadre of military-aged men decamped near our southern border recently).

If former President Donald Trump is indicted, heā€™ll probably be convicted but an appeal would likely lead to the conviction being thrown out, legal expert Alan Dershowitz said on March 18.​
ā€œSo, if I were him, I would be worried today. Heā€™ll probably ultimately win on appeal, but do judges today have the courage ā€¦ to do something favorable to Trump in a city which overwhelmingly despises Trump? Thatā€™s whatā€™s wrong with this justice system.ā€​
Trump is reportedly set to face an indictment for a payment made to Stormy Daniels, an adult actress who has made the contested claim that he had an affair with her. The payment was made by Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, and Trump reimbursed the lawyer. Trump has said the allegations were ā€œdebunked.ā€​
Dershowitz, who was part of Trumpā€™s impeachment defense team in 2020, agreed. ā€œThere is no crime here,ā€ he said.​

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said in a statement that most campaign finance violations involve spending other peopleā€™s money illegally or accepting money that you should not.​
ā€œTrump did neither. He used his own money to resolve a private dispute, irrespective of any campaign. The impending indictment is based on an untested, tortured legal theory. This is an absurd abuse of the criminal process in our politics. It must be seen for the partisan pathetic ploy it is,ā€ Gaetz, a Trump supporter, said.​
...​

I doubt it. I wasn't political it isn't wise to use campaign money.

This is not the point. Democrats know their case is weak, they're goal is to incite a riot. If violence doesn't happen, Trump wins biggly. If there is violence, America loses.
"Democrats know their case is weak, they're goal is to incite a riot." you said

It's the republicans who want to incite a riot.

...​

Dershowitz says he can appeal? Thanx, Excalibur, that's encouraging, nice OP. I knew this site would have a thread on today's dire and yucky news about them trying to A. arrest; B. totally discredit ---- Trump.

Let me be clear: a taste for prostitutes is not my absolute favorite for a pol, or okay anyone else, you know? Anyone whose been around my posts for awhile can probably figure that out. The definition of "buttoned up" has my photo next to it.

HOWEVER, I do read some history. Harding, Harding! He shut his mistress in the CLOSET when his wife knocked on the door! (in the White House. . . . this really happened) and the same with Jack Kennedy, with his Fiddle and Faddle in the White House swimming pool: I was breeding meat rabbits back then and I named the buck Jack and the does Fiddle and Faddle.

Gonna be frank, not an admirer of prosties. Or prostie users. But he's too old now, (he's better now. . . . . ) and this is gold-plated "gotcha" stuff and banana republic accusations for no reason at all but to win an election.

I hate this stuff. I hate these worthless Dems. WHEN, O When, are we going to impeach Biden for the Ukraine bribery????? ("I only ask for information," as Marvin the robot said in the Hitchhiker's Guide ---)

New Topics

Forum List

Back